Bills Among Vegas Favorites to Win AFC Championship

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I have never said that the book is closed on EJ and that he is "useless." He could develop into a franchise QB for all I know. From what I have seen however, I find that possibility rather unlikely at this point. Perhaps more unlikely than many of the posters on here. I have never said anything otherwise.

2. EJ Manuel has had more than two awful starts in a Bills uniform. Off the top of my head, at NYJ, at Tampa Bay and at Pittsburgh his rookie year and then the two games last year (he absolutely was awful against San Diego- every bit as awful as he was at Houston). So at least 5 out of 14. Hey after the Carolina game last year, I was sure he WAS going to become the guy. I have maintained that his rookie year wasn't half bad at all. My biggest issue with him- and the one that the "14 gamers" constantly ignore- is the extent to which he regressed last offseason. He literally had one good practice all offseason- the intersquad practice with Pittsburgh. Other than that, and then in the preseason as well, he was so incredibly inept that they had to go out and make the emergency signing of Orton.

Anyway we'll see.

AFAIK, the Bills wanted to sign KO early, but KO sat on offers until last minute. So I wouldn't call that an "emergency signing"

AFAIK, the Bills wanted to sign KO early, but KO sat on offers until last minute. So I wouldn't call that an "emergency signing"

Yes, you are right. He wasn't going to sign until after the final Thursday preseason games. But they started weeks earlier.

With perfect 20-20 hindsight, I wish KO had told the Bills no and stayed retired.

With perfect 20-20 hindsight, I wish KO had told the Bills no and stayed retired.

I don't know 26. I'm not saying that KO was good, but the team got to 9-7. This helped convince Rex and probably some of the FAs that this was a place on the upswing. If they would have finished 7-9 again we may not be lookin at this season with the same optimism.

I don't know 26. I'm not saying that KO was good, but the team got to 9-7. This helped convince Rex and probably some of the FAs that this was a place on the upswing. If they would have finished 7-9 again we may not be lookin at this season with the same optimism.

We would have finished 9-7 with buddy Ryan as OC.

The Bills started out as real long shots. Then when they traded for Shady and signed Harvin and Clay, a decent amount of people bet on them making the oddsmakers adjust the line. If they do find a QB to play decent 7/1 seems realistic.

this. It's the same reason Braxton Miller is now 10-1 to win the Heisman when he might not even start this year. They are trying to even things out just in cas he gets the nod. Futures aren't set as predictions, they are used to entice even betting across the board. they are trying to get bets placed on favorites, long shots and everything in between in order to make more money than they end up paying out.