Sign of things to come for repubes?

Leap of faith that the same message that brought them defeat last 2 elections will somehow work this time

No.

Take your blinders off.

Leaping from Santorum's poor showing at one rally to Republican failure is laughable (at best) and ignorant (at the worst.

There are multiple GOP candidates who are drawing good-sized crowds wherever they go............even some of the 2nd tier ones.

but, go ahead with your "Repubes" silliness"..........no one expects anymore from you.

So does the polar opposite hold true - that the media and popularity hysteria that a Donald Trump candidacy is going to bring, a sure sign that GOP will take the White House?

So does the polar opposite hold true - that the media and popularity hysteria that a Donald Trump candidacy is going to bring, a sure sign that GOP will take the White House?

What hysteria? There isn't even a thread about trump in ppp. There one in otw due to his net worth relative to pegulas. Perhaps it's because no one takes him seriously, as he's played this bait and switch game before. His stated motivations for running (if they are in fact to be taken at face value) are all about his role as an outsider smashing the downtrodden insiders of the Republican party. So you're resting your optimism on a guy who history says isnt running, and a perceived media "hysteria" based on trashing the republican party? What does that say about the ones that are more likely to stay in the race, who's trump perceived popularity was based on trashing? Still like their chances? :( Edited by JTSP

What hysteria? There isn't even a thread about trump in ppp. There one in otw due to his net worth relative to pegulas. Perhaps it's because no one takes him seriously, as he's played this bait and switch game before. His stated motivations for running (if they are in fact to be taken at face value) are all about his role as an outsider smashing the downtrodden insiders of the Republican party. So you're resting your optimism on a guy who history says isnt running, and a perceived media "hysteria" based on trashing the republican party? What does that say about the ones that are more likely to stay in the race, who's trump perceived popularity was based on trashing? Still like their chances? :(

Leave it to you to miss the point.

If GOP is in trouble because nobody shows up at a Santorum event, shouldn't there be euphoria and GOP will be riding high because the media whore is going to generate a lot of press and a lot of people will show up at his events?

Not a front runner, not even a second tier guy, doesn't get a crowd on a Monday at 2PM. My guess, that town of 300 works and lunch is at 12 for most people.... Plus isn't Iowa a farming/ AG state, what farmer has the time in his busiest season to go to a less than hopefuls rally?

Isn't also a state that permits gay marriage? Maybe that policy of his just isn't that popular?

Leave it to you to miss the point.

If GOP is in trouble because nobody shows up at a Santorum event, shouldn't there be euphoria and GOP will be riding high because the media whore is going to generate a lot of press and a lot of people will show up at his events?

For reasons previously stated, no

Not a front runner, not even a second tier guy, doesn't get a crowd on a Monday at 2PM. My guess, that town of 300 works and lunch is at 12 for most people.... Plus isn't Iowa a farming/ AG state, what farmer has the time in his busiest season to go to a less than hopefuls rally?

Isn't also a state that permits gay marriage? Maybe that policy of his just isn't that popular?

I agree it can't be definitively forecast based on one rally that wasn't, hence the threads title phrased as a question. But the turn out for more well known candidates like Lindsay Graham have been disappointing too. But your certain view is that the lackluater turnouts, loss of 2 straight elections, and a platform that hasn't changed should give rise to confidence?

You're kidding, right JTSP?

No, I think the current trajectory points to Hillary trouncing the repubes. Only candidate I can see striking a resonant chord with the general voters and offering a clear distinguishment from her is rand. But I fear his anti-neocon stance won't make it thru the meat grinder of a Republican primary with corporate and foreign interests lined up to support pro-war candidates, backed up by influential "conservative" media like fox news Edited by JTSP

No, I think the current trajectory points to Hillary trouncing the repubes. Only candidate I can see striking a resonant chord with the general voters and offering a clear distinguishment from her is rand. But I fear his anti-neocon stance won't make it thru the meat grinder of a Republican primary with corporate and foreign interests lined up to support pro-war candidates, backed up by influential "conservative" media like fox news

So what you're saying is that the majority of the American people will stoop to a new low of stupidity and elect Hillary.

So what you're saying is that the majority of the American people will stoop to a new low of stupidity and elect Hillary.

No, he's saying that a libertarian candidate who's polling at 8% with GOP will have the best chance to grab the popular vote.

It's insight like that is what makes the pedophile loving anti-semite so special.

No, I think the current trajectory points to Hillary trouncing the repubes. Only candidate I can see striking a resonant chord with the general voters and offering a clear distinguishment from her is rand. But I fear his anti-neocon stance won't make it thru the meat grinder of a Republican primary with corporate and foreign interests lined up to support pro-war candidates, backed up by influential "conservative" media like fox news

Your analysis is off.

And why the !@#$ am I responding to you? :doh:

Rand Paul Is Republicans' Best Hope to Beat Hillary

The Republican Party is at a crossroads. Its base, bolstered by big-tent conservatism throughout the 1980s and late 2000s, is aware of its own image problem: The Party of No is on the losing side in the battle for marriage equality, has failed to convince Americans that it has a clearer plan for healthcare reform, and remains tacitly pro-war when the population is interested in a U.S. withdrawal from foreign intervention. Worse yet, its base is aging and isn't being replaced by younger voters. Libertarianism, however, is on the rise nationally, with 22 percent of eligible voters identifying with the movement in recent polling. Enter Rand Paul, heir apparent to the movement, who pointedly said during in an interview with the Associated Press, Young people aren't so wedded to party. The kids are probably adrift somewhat. I don't think someone who is an authoritarian, or comes from a much more authoritarian point of view like Hillary Clinton, will attract them. A fresh brand of libertarian-infused conservatism could be the way forward for Republicans looking to woo the youth vote, and Paul sees himself as the person who can provide it.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/121526/rand-paul-republicans-best-hope-beat-hillary-clinton

SEN. RAND PAUL SWEEPS POLLS, FARES BEST WITH INDEPENDENTS AGAINST HILLARY CLINTON

GOP presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93% swept the competition in recent polls, which also indicates he is the best Republican candidate to go head to head against likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/02/sen-rand-paul-sweeps-polls-fares-best-with-independents-against-hillary-clinton/

Edited by JTSP

I like how people are getting caught up in poll results right now, with a small army of potential republicans vying with each other for the nomination, and the presidential election a little more than 16 months away. Once the parties have their nominees, there's still plenty of time for anything to happen, so polls, at this time, are fairly meaningless.