Towards a New Progressivism?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's nuts is you starting this topic after you spent last week telling us all how there are millions of permanently unemployable people due to coming from broken homes... now you suddenly care about them. :lol:

Oh the bitterness, tisk tisk. I still think millions are unemployable, that doesn't mean many millions more are not. But the longer we go without providing employment the more that become unemployable, more broken home, etc.

Can't believe you make every single post so personally about me. Gosh. What's the problem?

If you've ever watched a road construction site, there are usually five guys standing around a hole watching one guy in the middle dig.

With this new "progressive" system, there will be fifteen guys watching the one guy digging.

And a lot of private construction sites also. I did say it wouldn't be easy to do, and yes, you point out a real problem. Still, I'd argue a person with a somewhat useless job is better than an unemployed person, yet its debatable

But the government could provide jobs through private companies, also

So there are how many unemployed people in the US? 5/8/10 million?? So what are all these jobs going to be?

A lot of things, improving infrastructure, getting rid of old houses and buildings youth programs and more, I'm sure

And a lot of private construction sites also. I did say it wouldn't be easy to do, and yes, you point out a real problem. Still, I'd argue a person with a somewhat useless job is better than an unemployed person, yet its debatable

A lot of things, improving infrastructure, getting rid of old houses and buildings youth programs and more, I'm sure

Literally eliminating broken homes. Makes sense.

Oh the bitterness, tisk tisk. I still think millions are unemployable, that doesn't mean many millions more are not. But the longer we go without providing employment the more that become unemployable, more broken home, etc.

Can't believe you make every single post so personally about me. Gosh. What's the problem?

:lol: I didn't realize responding to your topic in your thread counted as making things personal.

So there are how many unemployed people in the US? 5/8/10 million?? So what are all these jobs going to be?

They can work for the EPA, BLM, IRS, NSA and so on all to make our lives that much safer and better. As it is now the California Air Resources board only makes it in our place every 3 years or so to aggravate us for no reason. With increased staff they could be here every year.

Edited by Dante

Sore loser much? You don't seem to realize much, man. You attacked the poster, not the post. Get over it.

I attacked the post, because of the poster's history of saying incredibly ignorant things. It's your milieu. Embrace it like you embrace your hatred of anyone who comes from a broken home.

Wow....awesome idea. How about a program where if a private company hires an unemployed person, they get to skip paying the employer portion of FICA for a while (since SS is so vastly over-funded anyway), and for that rich benefit they get to fill out reams of paper and submit to all sorts of additional government oversight. Something like that would create millions of jobs!! Hard to believe someone like Obama wouldn't have thought of it already!

Boy, I can't get over all the 'new' in this Progressivism!

So....'bulldozing' neighborhoods huh? I'm sure they'll be no charges of 'racism' attached to that!

Getting rid of old houses?

While we're at it, lets liquidate all the kulaks.

I attacked the post, because of the poster's history of saying incredibly ignorant things. It's your milieu. Embrace it like you embrace your hatred of anyone who comes from a broken home.

No, you attacked because you are bitter.

Wow....awesome idea. How about a program where if a private company hires an unemployed person, they get to skip paying the employer portion of FICA for a while (since SS is so vastly over-funded anyway), and for that rich benefit they get to fill out reams of paper and submit to all sorts of additional government oversight. Something like that would create millions of jobs!! Hard to believe someone like Obama wouldn't have thought of it already!

Boy, I can't get over all the 'new' in this Progressivism!

So....'bulldozing' neighborhoods huh? I'm sure they'll be no charges of 'racism' attached to that!

Been to Buffalo lately? There's tons of abandoned houses and buildings that need to go

Bitter?

Which of us is the one throwing insults?

Right.

What, no emoticon?

Boy, or girl, I can't get away with one insult to a stupid post? On this board that's no biggie

You better hope they don't come for the retards! You'd be gone for sure

"Double dumbass on you!"

While an observation of "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" would be entirely appropriate, it's really rather irrelevant when the stone-thrower is so preternaturally inept as you are. So throw all the stones you want.