Help me with my New Years resolution

Yes?

(If you want my attention on a personal matter, maybe a PM would be better instead of just calling for me in the middle of some random thread)

Sorry, pumpkin. I'm still learning how things work on this site. I hope you can get your Skype issues resolved before tonight.

So you give up the item for 30 days and then go back to each of those bad things or you quit each of them permanently and are adding to the list as you go? Seems like a big difference. I can't see the first one being very hard to do (other than the coffee -- which is insane).

I'm missing the health benefit of #6.

I gave up coffee because I was having 5 cups a day. My goal was to ultimately cut it down to one after getting used to not having it. Although I agree it's been painful. Never again haha

To answer your question, after a month of not eating bacon for example, I allow myself to have it but I've found I want it less. That was pretty much my goal. I haven't had any fast food since January, but I've had cookies after the 30 days but once every other week as opposed to every day. What has been most valuable has been finding healthier alternatives. I snack less than I did and I eat better instead of crap all the time. It has also been eye opening to see just how much bacon or cookies or whatever I was eating before. Makes you think more when ordering food or shopping.

I've lost 8 pounds this year. I only weighed 180 to start, so nothing major. But it's something.

You may have already started doing this but giving up on overly processed foods. When you are in the grocery store, read the ingredients on the items you want to buy. If there's a long list, particularly with stuff you can't pronounce, then you probably shouldn't buy it.

I gave up coffee because I was having 5 cups a day. My goal was to ultimately cut it down to one after getting used to not having it. Although I agree it's been painful. Never again haha

To answer your question, after a month of not eating bacon for example, I allow myself to have it but I've found I want it less. That was pretty much my goal. I haven't had any fast food since January, but I've had cookies after the 30 days but once every other week as opposed to every day. What has been most valuable has been finding healthier alternatives. I snack less than I did and I eat better instead of crap all the time. It has also been eye opening to see just how much bacon or cookies or whatever I was eating before. Makes you think more when ordering food or shopping.

I've lost 8 pounds this year. I only weighed 180 to start, so nothing major. But it's something.

My wife and I did one of those Advocare cleanses a couple months ago.

The biggest component to the cleanse was pretty much no sugar. So that means no alcohol, watching what kinds of condiments you use, etc. There's sugar is a lot of things and sugar converts to fat.

Long story-short, the cleanse was 10 days. I lost 16 pounds and my wife lost 8. Granted, I think a lot of it was water weight, but still. That's insane.

You may have already started doing this but giving up on overly processed foods. When you are in the grocery store, read the ingredients on the items you want to buy. If there's a long list, particularly with stuff you can't pronounce, then you probably shouldn't buy it.

That's a good one too. A girl at my office is doing that right now.

I really like the no sugar idea. That'd be tough but really interesting to see how it works out. A cleanse in general might be fun

So you give up the item for 30 days and then go back to each of those bad things or you quit each of them permanently and are adding to the list as you go? Seems like a big difference. I can't see the first one being very hard to do (other than the coffee -- which is insane).

I'm missing the health benefit of #6.

I agree. There shouldnt be a benefit. But how else could I explain that I'm getting healthier each and ever year.

That's why I put that in there.

Drinking a Monster right now. Label says 54g of sugar per can. That shouldnt be healthy.

Giving up on coffee or energy drinks for a month would be torture for me.

When you say 5 cups a day, are you talking 5-8ounce cups or are you talking 5 16-24 ounce cups a day? I am good with one 24ounce cup from Wawa a day, but in the grand scheme of things I suppose that is 3 'cups' of coffee a day.