Sammy Hookah

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow down, let's not worry about anything, ever. Anything goes should work, right?

I think there are plenty of things to worry about without getting too worked up over a player smoking tobacco. No, it's not ideal, but in the grand scheme of things it's pretty minor.

I think there are plenty of things to worry about without getting too worked up over a player smoking tobacco. No, it's not ideal, but in the grand scheme of things it's pretty minor.

Oh sure, a puff off a hookah today, heroin addict tomorrow!

It's the slippery slope my friend!

Soon after that, child slavery trafficking!

(Just kidding).

Nobody actually said that.

Uh, said what?

Oh sure, a puff off a hookah today, heroin addict tomorrow!

It's the slippery slope my friend!

Soon after that, child slavery trafficking!

(Just kidding).

Uh, said what?

your response implied that someone was saying we need to get rid of players that smoke.

So nobody in the "no big deal" camp thinks this sends the wrong message to kids?

https://instagram.com/p/2rtlp-I21d/

your response implied that someone was saying we need to get rid of players that smoke.

So nobody in the "no big deal" camp thinks this sends the wrong message to kids?

No more than a pic with a beer or fast food. I really don't think occasional hookah use is a "bad message." They likely saw hundreds of worse ones today. Especially if on Instagram.

i don't know... Seems ok to me. He's sitting at home doing something legal. He's in excellent shape so I doubt he does it a lot. But it's much better than smoking pot, drinking/driving, etc. Things you can actually get in trouble for. Seems like he's not doing anything wrong. As long as kids know what it is (if they are old enough to be on social media they probably do) I guess it's fine.

If kids are taking their messages from NFL players we are in trouble.

I agree, but there are so many kids without a strong family support structure that see this kind of stuff and run with it.

i don't know... Seems ok to me. He's sitting at home doing something legal. He's in excellent shape so I doubt he does it a lot. But it's much better than smoking pot, drinking/driving, etc. Things you can actually get in trouble for. Seems like he's not doing anything wrong. As long as kids know what it is (if they are old enough to be on social media they probably do) I guess it's fine.

That's the key for me. If everyone knows what that is, it's fine. But most don't.

If kids are taking their messages from NFL players we are in trouble.

And if hookah and playoff basketball is the one they are absorbing from nfl players -- they are in pretty good shape on the scale of bad messages.

I agree, but there are so many kids without a strong family support structure that see this kind of stuff and run with it.

It still isn't the athlete's problem (without sounding harsh). If they are not breaking any rules and are in their homes I don't see the problem. This is much less of a concern to me than the fight that they were in at the bar a few weeks ago. In the social media age kids see a lot more bad stuff than 20 years ago.

When I see a thread like this on this message board it reminds me that many grown men are strangely infatuated with professional athletes' lives in the way that many women are with real housewives or the bachelor.

That's the key for me. If everyone knows what that is, it's fine. But most don't.

I think you'd be surprised. Out of curiousity - how old are you? I don't mean it as a knock but it's a pretty common activity among young generations. It's legal, in moderation it's no risk.... If a kids getting into weed (is that the concern? Or cigarettes?) odds are he's familiar with what hookah is.

It still isn't the athlete's problem (without sounding harsh). If they are not breaking any rules and are in their homes I don't see the problem. This is much less of a concern to me than the fight that they were in at the bar a few weeks ago. In the social media age kids see a lot more bad stuff than 20 years ago.

Agree. I just wish he wouldn't have put it out there on social media.

When I see a thread like this on this message board it reminds me that many grown men are strangely infatuated with professional athletes' lives in the way that many women are with real housewives or the bachelor.

You couldn't be more off on this one, but I see what you're doing here.

Ha ha. Some of these comments are priceless.

If we eliminate every elite athlete in the NFL who routinely lights up, there won't be an NFL left.

LOL.

i dont care what they do i dont need it flaunted

heck i m blitzd right now! purple crush

I think you'd be surprised. Out of curiousity - how old are you? I don't mean it as a knock but it's a pretty common activity among young generations. It's legal, in moderation it's no risk.... If a kids getting into weed (is that the concern? Or cigarettes?) odds are he's familiar with what hookah is.

I'm in my 30's. And I've actually tried it. It's fine. It's the perception of what he's doing, not the reality of it, that concerns me. (It looks like a weed bong incase that wasn't clear about my opinion)

i dont care what they do i dont need it flaunted

heck i m blitzd right now! purple crush

Lol

Edited by BuffaloATL

I'm in my 30's. And I've actually tried it. It's fine. It's the perception of what he's doing, not the reality of it, that concerns me. (It looks like a weed bong incase that wasn't clear about my opinion)

My, possibly not correct, take is that 50 year olds would probably be more apt to the wrong perceptions you are worried about than 15 year olds. Edited by NoSaint