Ex Miami OL coach destroys Wells;interesting Incognito stuff

I'm not going to listen to that, but in a nutshell how did he DESTROY Wells?

Few words are used more poorly than "destroy" in our modern media age.

Some loud-mouth idiot spewing his own version of reality isn't destroying anything except the brain cells of people bored or dumb enough to listen.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the WWF. The very concept that they had some plan to turn Brady into a "bad guy" to drive up popularity is insane. I have no words that could possibly reach through to you on how far out in left field that theory is...

The problem is you read my posts in this thread that repeatedly said they didn't sit in a dark room and concot a storyline like that and somehow took away that I think it was some master plan - I'm just saying that it's not as scary or terrible for the league as many think. If they were truly wanting to avoid this it was easy. it's clear it was possible and they were ok with that is all I was saying. Edited by NoSaint

No, he forced their hands and now they have to suspend him. You know this.

Yes, they do. But I think Goodell has no problem with this at all. It's the perfect opportunity for him to get out of Kraft's shadow. You say he doesn't want to suspend him, I think he does--it 's his "sens a message" moment.

Because he screwed up? That I get. Trying to go deeper though is what I don't get.

I disagree. Unlike Rice and AP, htere are no beaten women or children in this case--just a transgression of dubious impact. No big decisions to make here---it's a chip shot. He gets to show everyone that even the biggest stars will be punished for challenging "the integrity of the game".

And as I said before, this is all masterful stuff. This couldn't have happened at a better time--the most high profile team, and the most hated league wide (and the SB champs!)--and an issue football fans in particular can really get foamed up about (because it actually involves football). Real red meat. Goodell has guaranteed that the NFL will stay on the front AND back page of every paper and will be the lead on every sports and pop culture site throughout spring (the dead zone for the NFL) until camps open. The pats week 1 game will likely have record ratings.

The man is a genius.

Yes, they do. But I think Goodell has no problem with this at all. It's the perfect opportunity for him to get out of Kraft's shadow. You say he doesn't want to suspend him, I think he does--it 's his "sens a message" moment.

Could be. Maybe he's tired of Kraft telling him what to do.

Could be. Maybe he's tired of Kraft telling him what to do.

It's all part of "The NFL Show", part of the entertainment. It's why no one cares about MLB or the NHL. No drama outside the game (and not much inside the game either). America NEEDS NFL year round and this is how the owners keep us in a franzy.

I don't think they really give a crap about deflated balls (or spygate, for that matter). All they care about is full gates and ever increasing ratings as they have an eye on 2022....

It's all part of "The NFL Show", part of the entertainment. It's why no one cares about MLB or the NHL. No drama outside the game (and not much inside the game either). America NEEDS NFL year round and this is how the owners keep us in a franzy.

I don't think they really give a crap about deflated balls (or spygate, for that matter). All they care about is full gates and ever increasing ratings as they have an eye on 2022....

True. As part of it being entertainment, it all could be fixed just to maximize their profits.

Or perhaps he found out during the course of this investigation that he'd been lied to during previous investigations

Or perhaps he woke up from 15 years of being hoodwinked by the most disingenuous scumbag of the 32 owners when he should have realized it 15 years ago.