tyson chandler...

what do you guys think of him? he seems to have good athletic ability, and his tape is pretty good. do you think he can beat out chris williams as the swing backup? possible darkhorse starter?

i have him on our 53

His tape is good?

I couldn't find a single video on him anywhere, let alone coaches' tape.

Video of Chandler is pass pro only:

Not pretty IMO.

Looks slow out of his stance, plodding, stiff, etc. From what I've read, pass blocking is his strong suit, so that doesn't bode well (if that's the case).

JMO

he looked outstanding to me... i think he will be a good backup his first two years

he looked outstanding to me... i think he will be a good backup his first two years

Well, you asked what others thought. My opinion is that he's a long shot to make the 53, and a virtual non-factor in the game day lineup, even as a backup.

Doesn't mean I'm right. I would think, however, that a guy with his size (36-1/2" arm), that tested as well as he did at his pro day (31 BP reps, 27-1/2" vertical, 9'2" broad), would get drafted by somebody if he showed even a scintilla of pro ability.

"One player who should get a lot of attention as a potential priority free agent is Tyson Chandler (6-foot-5 3/4, 331 pounds), and for one reason -- his arms. Coaches today believe that long arms are the most important thing in the development of an offensive lineman, and Chandler's arms measure 36 5/8 inches. Chandler also ran a 5.40 and 5.38 in the 40. He had a 4.84 short shuttle and 7.99 3-cone drill. He had a 27 1/2-inch vertical and 9-2 broad jump. And he had 31 strength lifts, which is really impressive for a guy who's got arms as long as he does."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480925/article/longarmed-ol-intrigues-teams-at-north-carolina-state-pro-day

I still think the best of the UDFA's would have been Jermaine Barton, and I really wish he would have passed his physical. (Former U of Miami recruit/player.)

Here is an article about Barton and his contributions to helping his team reach the FCS Championship game.
http://www.pjstar.com/article/20150108/SPORTS/150109332/10930/SPORTS

Here is an article about his potential as a professional offensive lineman...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000481517/article/two-illinois-state-prospects-could-be-rookie-free-agents

Offensive lineman Jermaine Barton (6-foot-6 5/8, 332 pounds) could not work out at the pro day because of a left knee operation that took place in February. Barton has nearly 36-inch arms. Some team will come back and take a long look at Barton either before the draft or after (as a free-agent possibility) to see if the knee is healthy. Because of his length -- scouts drool over big offensive line prospects with long arms -- a team will see if it can make a developmental project out of him.

I hope they still have interest in him and check back once he is healthy...he could be a diamond in the rough with the right coaching.
(That is the kind of size I love and wanted in the draft.)

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

well im guessing they are just going with 5 wrs and they probably need 4 backup olineman because roman will go with 7 olineman formations many times...

no way chris williams makes the team at his salary as a backup, so its either chandler or some other vet ot fa pickup during preseaon

Well, you asked what others thought. My opinion is that he's a long shot to make the 53, and a virtual non-factor in the game day lineup, even as a backup.

Doesn't mean I'm right. I would think, however, that a guy with his size (36-1/2" arm), that tested as well as he did at his pro day (31 BP reps, 27-1/2" vertical, 9'2" broad), would get drafted by somebody if he showed even a scintilla of pro ability.

The interviews may not have gone well. I'm guessing he may be able to earn a PS spot, he had some good work on that tape.