Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoshNorris

My latest prospect rankings: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/61681/325/draft-rankings-big-board-60

Rec TE prospect not receiving enough love sits at 64. Top 32:

CfYGfTuWsAEJh8d.jpg

4-25: ROTOWORLD'S JOSH NORRIS TALKS 2016 DRAFT ON WGR (14:33)

@JoshNorris

19. Buffalo Bills - Mississippi State DL Chris Jones - Jones’ projection on draft weekend is another interesting one. I could see him land as top-20 pick. Jones’ top tape is awesome, and Rex Ryan might believe he can extract that high quality tape on a consistent basis.

@JohnMurphyShow

MMQB and SI analyst @Andy_Benoit says the #Bills should draft the best front-7 defender available. He joins us tonight 810pm

Andy Benoit: "Take the best front seven guy" (15:05)
SI.com's MMQB NFL analyst Andy Benoit called in to The John Murphy Show to discuss his "Inside the Film Room" series on the site where he breaks down game film with the top prospects in this year's NFL Draft. Benoit also shares his thoughts on where the Bills might go in the first round.

@walterfootball

Updated 2016 NFL Mock Draft - http://walterfootball.com/draft2016.php

billsb_logo.gif Buffalo Bills: Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama

Alabama_logo.gif
The Bills generally did not have quality play from their linebacking corps this past season. Manny Lawson was just OK, while Nigel Bradham struggled in Rex Ryan's scheme. Bradham went on to sign with the Eagles this offseason, so a replacement is needed. Reggie Ragland, one of the top players available, projects well to Ryan's scheme.

*** OTHER 2016 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Darron Lee, LB - Darron Lee is probably Buffalo's top realistic target, but the Falcons are likely to take him.

2. Jarran Reed, DT - The Lions have shown interest in Reed, but if they don't take him, Buffalo very well could.

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

@RapSheet

As storylines develop for Thursday, one to keep in mind: The #Saints had talks about moving up to No. 1 for a QB. Will they do it for Lynch?

Moving up to No. 1 proved too costly for the #Saints. If they feel strongly about Paxton Lynch, they are a team to watch late in the Top 10.

@TheDraftWire

The 2016 #NFLDraft: Who, where, when and how to watch http://usat.ly/1pBt8hI

Cg-WKvQWkAAiJhl.jpg

Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

@RapSheet

As storylines develop for Thursday, one to keep in mind: The #Saints had talks about moving up to No. 1 for a QB. Will they do it for Lynch?

Moving up to No. 1 proved too costly for the #Saints. If they feel strongly about Paxton Lynch, they are a team to watch late in the Top 10.

@TheDraftWire

The 2016 #NFLDraft: Who, where, when and how to watch http://usat.ly/1pBt8hI

Cg-WKvQWkAAiJhl.jpg

I will be glad to be out at the golf tournament on Friday if this happens. I am sure that there will be some hot takes.

I will be glad to be out at the golf tournament on Friday if this happens. I am sure that there will be some hot takes.

Here's to both Lynch and Cook going before pick #19 to make it even more likely the Bills can trade down and still get a very good player.

@JoshNorris

19. Buffalo Bills - Mississippi State DL Chris Jones - Jones’ projection on draft weekend is another interesting one. I could see him land as top-20 pick. Jones’ top tape is awesome, and Rex Ryan might believe he can extract that high quality tape on a consistent basis.

This is exactly it with Jones...Like just about every other Draft pick ever he's not perfect...But when he's good he's jaw-dropping good...And he's a player on the rise...The right pro coaching and the right scheme the sky is the limit... B-)

@NFLonFOX

You love mocks, we love mocks, so let's mock all seven rounds of this NFL Draft. @PSchrags: https://t.co/wF0U3IatTC

19. Buffalo (8-8): Myles Jack, LB, UCLA

Jack's a wildcard. I know his knee is a major concern for some teams, while others say it doesn't bother them as much. He'd be the perfect fit in Rex and Rob Ryan's defense, and I can imagine them doing flips if he slipped this far. Again, Jack could go top-five or second round. Seriously.

49. Buffalo: Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State

80. Buffalo: Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford

117. Buffalo: Kevin Hogan, QB, Stanford

139. Buffalo: Terrance Smith, LB, Florida State

156. Buffalo: James Bradberry, CB, Samford

192. Buffalo: Romeo Okwara, LB, Notre Dame

218: Buffalo: Zac Brooks, RB, Clemson

The 2016 All-Draft Team

Who are the best of the best at each position in the 2016 draft class? Gil Brandt puts together a full team of stud prospects, including DE DeForest Buckner, LB Darron Lee and WR Josh Doctson.

@theMMQB

Our @JennyVrentas talks football with Gil Brandt, the draft guru who's seen it all, and has some stories to tell

Greg Cosell On the Herd - Just said that Jaylon Smith was the best prospect he saw on tape and was the best linebacker he has seen in 10 years of watching game tape.

Not surprised at all to hear that. Here's to his full return to good health to realize every bit of his talent.

@ChrisBurke_SI

Miss out on Zeke or Jalen Ramsey or Sheldon Rankins in Round 1? Try these prospects later in the draft. https://t.co/62c6svHI8L

@JoeBuscaglia

These are the most realistic #Bills options at 19th overall, in my mind. You'll notice some glaring omissions, too: https://t.co/UL4ZQwj6f4

I know what a lot of you are thinking.

“What can I really believe this close to the NFL Draft?”

The simple, yet complicated answer is this: believe everything and nothing all at once. Once April hits, fans of the draft have to use a sifter to unearth the gold from all the mud and muck that’s out there. It’s a yearly process that we, as reporters, have to try and do as well because there is so much misinformation, angling, and everything else this time of year.

However, that’s what makes it as fun as it is -- at least to me.

As far as the Bills are concerned in the first round, we’ve heard everything from Paxton Lynch interest, to “don’t be surprised at a wide receiver” talk, to offensive tackles, and even most recently, Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg.

You might even think that this is just another misinformation piece of the puzzle. However, I promise with every bone in my body that this is what I believe to be true two days ahead of the draft: the Bills, if they stay at 19th overall and don’t trade down, are going for a defensive player.

It’s too important a season for too many people in Orchard Park to do anything but try and fix the defense and get it back to a Top 12-to-15 level, and in turn, to finally get back to the playoffs. So, that said, who might they be targeting?

These are the positions that I believe the Bills are interested in going after in the first round, along with 16 players that I think are in consideration for the team’s top pick.

May the sifting odds be ever in your favor:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Here's to both Lynch and Cook going before pick #19 to make it even more likely the Bills can trade down and still get a very good player.

HECK YES

If the Qb's are gone will anyone want to trade up?

I was thinking they would be trading up for the QBs !