Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was painful to listen to...They should call 3 random posters here and I'm thinking it would be better...

:lol: Not impressed I see.

I mean...Seriously...How well can you really be following/understanding this Draft and the Bills needs when the argument comes down to Floyd vs Ragland vs Treadwell? I don't even have to know who went from 1-18 to know there HAS to be at least 5 other guys that would be better to consider there...And this quote..."Our biggest need is a Red Zone WR..." I guess Sammy would have something to say about that...

They picked the WR...And I can't possibly disagree more with that idea...But that admittedly has a lot to do with my philosophy on what this team needs, and what the strength of this Draft/BPA is at #19...I know Treadwell is a good prospect...I'm not an idiot...But there are SO many good Defensive players available...If we were deeper on Defense it would be one thing...But we literally have no LDE, we desperately need pass rush, we need depth behind an aging KW...And we already have a #1 WR...A WR we used TWO 1st Round Picks to get!!! TWO!!! I just hate it... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

I mean...Seriously...How well can you really be following/understanding this Draft and the Bills needs when the argument comes down to Floyd vs Ragland vs Treadwell? I don't even have to know who went from 1-18 to know there HAS to be at least 5 other guys that would be better to consider there...And this quote..."Our biggest need is a Red Zone WR..." I guess Sammy would have something to say about that...

They picked the WR...And I can't possibly disagree more with that idea...But that admittedly has a lot to do with my philosophy on what this team needs and what the strength is at #19...I know Treadwell is a good prospect...I'm not an idiot...But there are SO many good Defensive players available...If we were deeper on Defense it would be one thing...But we literally have no LDE, we desperately need pass rush, we need depth behind an aging KW...And we already have a #1 WR...A WR we used TWO 1st Round Picks to get!!! TWO!!! I just hate it... B-)

I wouldn't be as down on WR as you. I think that it's a huge need and could really elevate the offense. Also, I like the depth on D and think that they could still get starters in rounds 2 & 3. 3 starters is my goal from the draft and I don't care the order.

With that being said Ragland and Floyd may be my 2 LEAST favorite names linked to the Bills (besides Decker/Conklin). 1 isn't a good enough athlete to be better than okay and the other is Mingo (IMO). Floyd is an athlete without the production. I don't want either of them. I do agree that there are a bunch of others that for better.

I wouldn't be as down on WR as you. I think that it's a huge need and could really elevate the offense. Also, I like the depth on D and think that they could still get starters in rounds 2 & 3. 3 starters is my goal from the draft and I don't care the order.

With that being said Ragland and Floyd may be my 2 LEAST favorite names linked to the Bills (besides Decker/Conklin). 1 isn't a good enough athlete to be better than okay and the other is Mingo (IMO). Floyd is an athlete without the production. I don't want either of them. I do agree that there are a bunch of others that for better.

I'm just not OK with three 1st Round Picks in 3 years at WR...Though I agree it's a need...But it's a #2 WR need...It's a luxury pick because this team needs Defense bad...

Personally I want Kevin Dodd, Vernon Butler, or Chris Jones at #19...I think they are all great fits for what Rex does...Butler and Jones can play all over the D-line...I really like their positional flexibility and the different looks we can give with either...I'm assuming Lawson will be gone because I REALLY like him as well... B-)

It's a quaint little tradition.

it likely will be, as best player available will likely be a cb, rb, or wr. positions which aren't exactly a major need for us that we can still go with one of the top 4 or 5 talents and get a DT, LB, or even more.

the draft is going to be amazing. there are going to be some amazing players to fall to us because the needs of so many. i'd love to get hunter henry, the best te in the draft, for example. and he could be there in the second for us.

it likely will be, as best player available will likely be a cb, rb, or wr. positions which aren't exactly a major need for us that we can still go with one of the top 4 or 5 talents and get a DT, LB, or even more.

the draft is going to be amazing. there are going to be some amazing players to fall to us because the needs of so many. i'd love to get hunter henry, the best te in the draft, for example. and he could be there in the second for us.

At first blush, RB would KILL me, but then we were signing guys off the street who had to come in and play last year. I'm glad that's not my job (except for the paycheck part, of course).

They picked the WR...And I can't possibly disagree more with that idea...But that admittedly has a lot to do with my philosophy on what this team needs, and what the strength of this Draft/BPA is at #19...I know Treadwell is a good prospect...I'm not an idiot...But there are SO many good Defensive players available...If we were deeper on Defense it would be one thing...But we literally have no LDE, we desperately need pass rush, we need depth behind an aging KW...And we already have a #1 WR...A WR we used TWO 1st Round Picks to get!!! TWO!!! I just hate it... B-)

It'll be hard to predict where the Bills go because they just have to wait to see what happens before it's their turn at 19. I can see DT, DE, LB, WR, or even a trade down. Too hard to predict.

I'm just not OK with three 1st Round Picks in 3 years at WR...Though I agree it's a need...But it's a #2 WR need...It's a luxury pick because this team needs Defense bad...

Personally I want Kevin Dodd, Vernon Butler, or Chris Jones at #19...I think they are all great fits for what Rex does...Butler and Jones can play all over the D-line...I really like their positional flexibility and the different looks we can give with either...I'm assuming Lawson will be gone because I REALLY like him as well... B-)

I like all 3 of those guys. I guess that I think one of them is possible at 49. I guess that's why I am okay with WR at 19. If the Bills started Treadwell then best DL (there are a bunch) followed by Deion Jones (or something) the draft would be a success. I'd love a trade back because I like the depth. It's a strange draft for me because it is basically a lot of guys that I am fine with mixed with some I dread.

I like all 3 of those guys. I guess that I think one of them is possible at 49. I guess that's why I am okay with WR at 19. If the Bills started Treadwell then best DL (there are a bunch) followed by Deion Jones (or something) the draft would be a success. I'd love a trade back because I like the depth. It's a strange draft for me because it is basically a lot of guys that I am fine with mixed with some I dread.

Well...Of those 3...I like Jones best...I can't imagine any of them is around at #49...but who knows...In Jones I see a kid that is a potential monster that can be had at #19...I think when Rex watches this kids good tape he drools uncontrollably... :lol:

Can you imagine Dareus and this guy together?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/30/draft-why-we-should-all-pay-more-attention-to-dt-prospect-chris-jones/

I just can't get over three 1st Round picks in three years for two WR's...It just seems to me like somehow, someway it's going to backfire on us big-time...I know that is not a scientific statement...But still...I can't stand the thought knowing we underachieved big-time on Defense last year...I just think it's poor team building...And in 4, maybe 5 years, one of them has to go... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Just listened to the latest "Move The Chains" podcast...They used this podcast to talk about what they are hearing about certain prospects from their sources around the league...Thought I would share a couple interesting takes...

Daniel Jeremiah had this to say about Laquon Treadwell... "I talk to a lot of people around the league. Nobody expects him...and I mean nobody expects him to go in the Top 20 that I talk to..."

Bucky Brooks on Treadwell... "The more I think about it the more I think he could be destined to fall into the 2nd Round..."

Jeremiah again... "I don't think that is out of the realm of possibility...People may think it's crazy when they hear that..."

They then went on to say Treadwell's value is similar to some other speed-deficient WR's...But you can get those guys later...And if you take Treadwell in the 1st your likely passing on a better prospect...

Other mentions...They are mostly hearing Noah Spence is dropping...

They still won't be surprised if Will Fuller is the 1st WR taken...

TJ Green may be Drafted as a CB and go much higher than expected...

They both prefer Jacoby Brissett to Kevin Hogan...

Who is the most likely draft big for each team? And which prospects are rated highest by mock drafters?

Using the most recent mocks of 16 analysts (all five mocks on CBSSports.com, all six on NFL.com, plus five more -- Bleacher Report, Sports Illustrated, Walter Football, Pro Football Focus, and DraftTek -- that have been updated since the Rams traded for the No. 1 pick), we will zero in on the "consensus" pick for each team.

19 Buffalo Bills Robert Nkemdiche