No way we pay Dareus $100 M next year, time to get the value

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. They have already said they will not be spending money in FA next year, but rather signing their own guys. That said, I have a feeling they will not be re-signing Glenn. I hope I am wrong, I just see them having to make some tough decisions and though they will want to keep him, he will test FA and be paid more than the Bills want to pay.

It's difficult to re-sign all young talent if you draft right, it's just how it goes. I won't be surprised if we lose someone that we (as fans) really want to keep, but not because "we're cheap" for once.

I'm curious, since you put it out there, what are your thoughts on what the Bills could get for him? Who would be your impact player you'd like to see brought in? And at that point wouldn't you also have to pay said impact player? If you go with a draft pick as compensation, there is No guarantee that that player would make an impact, let alone the kind of impact that Dareus makes.

I think we might be able to get a few of TN's picks & use it to trade with SD to get Rivers to Buffalo. We might just keep Mariotta for ourselves as well, it's basically all about getting a QB. Right now, we don't have a QB regardless of what positions are being named.

It's difficult to re-sign all young talent if you draft right, it's just how it goes. I won't be surprised if we lose someone that we (as fans) really want to keep, but not because "we're cheap" for once.

If it comes down to losing Dareus or Gilmore, I would prefer to lose Gilmore. Dareus may be the top player at his position in the NFL. We've seen what a huge impact it has when he's not on the field (ala the Oakland game last year). Gilmore is replaceable.

I think we might be able to get a few of TN's picks & use it to trade with SD to get Rivers to Buffalo. We might just keep Mariotta for ourselves as well, it's basically all about getting a QB. Right now, we don't have a QB regardless of what positions are being named.

yawning.jpg

SD isn't trading Rivers.

There's no way we put another $100 M player on our D-line, so it's time to move Dareus for a major impact player. Who do you think we can get with him or which draft pick ??

I disagree here. The cards the Bills have in their pocket are: 1.) Salary Cap taking a "jump" from 15->16, 2.) Restructuring Mario Williams contract, and I think he will play ball. Hate to go down this next road, but if needed, maybe consider moving on from Kyle Williams to save on cap. I know we restructured Kyle's contract, but 2015 is year 10, 2016 is year 11 on that body.

I disagree here. The cards the Bills have in their pocket are: 1.) Salary Cap taking a "jump" from 15->16, 2.) Restructuring Mario Williams contract, and I think he will play ball. Hate to go down this next road, but if needed, maybe consider moving on from Kyle Williams to save on cap. I know we restructured Kyle's contract, but 2015 is year 10, 2016 is year 11 on that body.

What if we have to pay a franchise QB big money, does this seem prudent then??

What if we have to pay a franchise QB big money, does this seem prudent then??

You say theres "No way" we pay him...why? keeping an aging Mario and Kyle is better than resigning a 25 yr old Dareus? that makes no sense. If we have to pay a franchise QB than that is a great scenario to be in and we can get cost in many other ways. You shouldnt not-sign a franchise D-line player in the anticipation of signing a franchise QB who is not even on the team right now. Also there no way TN takes Dareus for the #2 pick for us to get Mariota.

Yes. They have already said they will not be spending money in FA next year, but rather signing their own guys. That said, I have a feeling they will not be re-signing Glenn. I hope I am wrong, I just see them having to make some tough decisions and though they will want to keep him, he will test FA and be paid more than the Bills want to pay.

Yolo stand in the corner for even thinking that