what is surplus value in capitalism?

The actual example was I borrow your hammer on a $5 lease or some crap. I then build a house and rent it out, and take the collected rent to build another house and buy more hammers. Then I hire guys to build houses with my hammers and collect even more rent. Soon I own the whole city and I'm fabulously wealthy and all because I borrowed your hammer. I turned $5 into millions and that delta is the surplus value of the hammer. And thats like, totally not fair and stuff. Capital creation isn't right. Capital should be like fixed and junk. Finite capital, bro!

Yes, but how did you buy all your hammers? You paid for them with labor that you enslaved with capital. That's where hammers come from. That's why it's unfair to have hammers, because you're taking away the labor of the proletariat...or something. I don't know. Shut up!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh

Your mistake was mentioning that you missed out on the topic in class because you were baked - an innocent, yet fatal mistake. Stoners are ill-received around here, despite that a considerable number of locals are ex-stoners. It's best to just avoid mentioning it altogether.

i understand

All you really need to understand is: One day some D-bag, who personally adds no value whatsoever to society, decided to make up a canard called surplus value. In this case said D-bag actually adds negative value, because we've now had mulitple posters expend their value, that could have been used on something else, undoing this crap, and, we have you wasting your time learning something...

...that isn't.

All you really need to understand is: One day some D-bag, who personally adds no value whatsoever to society, decided to make up a canard called surplus value. In this case said D-bag actually adds negative value, because we've now had mulitple posters expend their value, that could have been used on something else, undoing this crap, and, we have you wasting your time learning something...

...that isn't.

Wow nice. Relatively short and sweet and other than the obscure bird reference it is all understandable.

Your mistake was mentioning that you missed out on the topic in class because you were baked - an innocent, yet fatal mistake. Stoners are ill-received around here, despite that a considerable number of locals are ex-stoners. It's best to just avoid mentioning it altogether.

4364180+_7eec4c7e57b7065bae1fbdeba0513b1

His first mistake was the lifetime of unfortunate events that led him to be MDP and most recently WATKINSSPEED. His second mistake was using the term "surplus value" right off the bat and removing all doubt about who he is and what his motivations are on this board. His third mistake will be spamming the board with old Mo Town songs and soliciting dating advice.

I dipped into my medical marijuana stash last night for the hell of it. Most unproductive night I've had in a long time. Spent the evening paralyzed on the couch watching boring movies about Indians.

20140418-161901.jpg

I dipped into my medical marijuana stash last night for the hell of it. Most unproductive night I've had in a long time. Spent the evening paralyzed on the couch watching boring movies about Indians.

20140418-161901.jpg

:lol:

I haven't seen that one in years, but back in the day I used to watch it over & over because I could never remember how it ended.

20140418-161901.jpg

Still better than The Lone Ranger remake.