If La'el Collins drops do Bills take him?

ALLEN1QB

No interviews yet and I have no association with the murder victim, but based on the criteria described in this thread I'm facing potential murder charges in this and every other open investigation.

I hope you've got a good lawyer.

It would go without saying, one would think. He's just like any other free agent accept extremely limited pay - so obviously he's want the best shot to succeed. Unfortunately, it may also include wanting to be next to great players

Blocking for LeSean McCoy might help.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is the NFL can do and say whatever it wants. And in this case they would be right, both in the letter and the spirit of what they did and said. An agent can say all he wants to the press but the player and agent would take the hit in the press not the NFL because they would clearly be trying to get away with something they shouldn't get away with. Everyone would know what a terrible set of circumstances this is, and chances are, whatever the agent is complaining about won't come close to this. I really think they can easily do this, with no repercussions. It's unprecedented for a reason.

Not to mention that it is the NFL's stupid rules that caused this.

Except they're not stupid rules. He was in the draft. They didn't ban him from the draft. You think it's clear, but things get awfully murky real quickly. What if he is guilty? What if the *ONE* exception the NFL made ended up being a convicted murderer? Does the team that drafted get the cap space back? The next guy accused of beating a woman wants the same exception...why did you deny him, but allow someone who may have murderer?

KD in CT made an excellent point as well that if they did break precedent, the lawsuits will start.

How about players who feel like an injury decreased their draft value? Why don't they get an exemption? They didn't do anything wrong.

There's no way anything comes out of giving this one players special treatment so he can earn some extra money.