Good band names

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many years ago I was in a band that played at the same place every week, but under a different name each time. The ones I can remember:

The Savage Nuns

Eelface and the Flying Tushees

Two Dandy Plumbers

Kneecaps, Spleens, and Eddie

Runs in Hoses

The Nude Fish

Many years ago I was in a band that played at the same place every week, but under a different name each time. The ones I can remember:

The Savage Nuns

Eelface and the Flying Tushees

Two Dandy Plumbers

Kneecaps, Spleens, and Eddie

Runs in Hoses

The Nude Fish

I've read famous bands will do that if they want to play a low key gig.

Gyrus

That was our band name in high school. I was looking up names in the Encyclopedia because we wanted something like Lynyrd Skynyrd. My mom doesn't say a word and pulls her medical dictionary off the bookshelf behind her and says "Gyrus". I asked what does it mean. She said "the twisting of the brain." I closed the Encyclopedia and said done and done!

Gyrus

That was our band name in high school. I was looking up names in the Encyclopedia because we wanted something like Lynyrd Skynyrd. My mom doesn't say a word and pulls her medical dictionary off the bookshelf behind her and says "Gyrus". I asked what does it mean. She said "the twisting of the brain." I closed the Encyclopedia and said done and done!

Love the band name and the backstory with your mom. Garage band days in early eighties we were Social Disease. Needless to say my mother was horrified with that.