Report from tonight's Fan Advisory Board meeting

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate this one 'All tobacco products, matches & lighters, and e-cigs will be officially banned and not allowed entry into the stadium with these items.'. So I can't even smoke after I clear the gates on the way out, need to wait until I get to the car. I can make it, but it seems unnecessary.

Edited by driddles

Meant to post this earlier, but thanks a bunch, Jay, for both participating on that advisory board and posting the details for all of us.

Can't wait for WiFi in the stadium.

I would like to pile on here.

Thanks from me also !!

Hate this one 'All tobacco products, matches & lighters, and e-cigs will be officially banned and not allowed entry into the stadium with these items.'. So I can't even smoke after I clear the gates on the way out, need to wait until I get to the car. I can make it, but it seems unnecessary.

though it seems obvious why they would not allow you to bring them. just like you cant bring other banned items under the promise of not using them.

Jay, don't know if you could ask, but I always wonder why they don't sell standing room only tickets at the top of the upper deck.

I actually like it up there...they could put one beer vendor and one soda vendor up there , and with those nice clean potties be great for guys like me who like to stand all game( I don't stand in the seats, calm down everyone).

I went to a Penquins game this year, and they actually have numbered standing spots with a rail to put your beer all around the top of the arena.... Think bills could do similar.

BTW, security kicks you out now if you want to stand up there, for the life can't figure out why. Security doesn't know either, they just go all Nazi on you and say orders are orders.

I did not think about that. When I smoked, I can almost guarantee I would be hiding a pack with two Reds and a lighter. right outside the gate there. I would not want to wait to car.

Edited by plenzmd1

This isn't a "Bills thing". The laws of Orchard Park, Erie County, and New York State are such that no smoking is allowed. Neither is re-entry, meaning a smoking area is not something that can be done. Not allowing those items into the stadium (where they can't be used anyway) removes the temptation to use them by people who have them, and removes any gray area from enforcement.

NYS law does not prohibit smoking areas in outdoor stadia. Citi Field, for example, has designated smoking areas. Erie County law bans smoking in enclosed areas of the stadium and in the seating bowl, but leaves policy in other areas up to the operator. I'm also not aware of any law that prevents re-entry, which I believe the Sabres allow. I don't recall seeing re-entry at any recent NFL game I've attended, so that might be an NFL policy.

The stadium lease has a clause that requires the Bills to prohibit smoking in the Stadium, but the Bills policy still goes beyond what the lease requires.

Are the Bills claiming that the smoking ban isn't their choice?

Edited by BuffaloBrad

though it seems obvious why they would not allow you to bring them. just like you cant bring other banned items under the promise of not using them.

It's obvious why they do it, but I hate it. For 12 years I have never knowingly broken the rules at the Ralph. This year I'll try to break the rule every game because I would like to have a cigarette on the way out after I have left the stadium. One of the many things I enjoyed about the game in Detroit was being able to have a smoke inside the stadium area.

NYS law does not prohibit smoking areas in outdoor stadia. Citi Field, for example, has designated smoking areas. Erie County law bans smoking in enclosed areas of the stadium and in the seating bowl, but leaves policy in other areas up to the operator. I'm also not aware of any law that prevents re-entry, which I believe the Sabres allow. I don;t recall seeing re-entry at any recent NFL game I've attended, so that might be an NFL policy.

The stadium lease has a clause that requires the Bills to prohibit smoking in the Stadium, but the Bills policy still goes beyond what the lease requires.

The super dome in New Orleans puts up gates outside 1-2 of the entry points. Being inside the police gates is still part of the stadium and not a "re-entry" situation

Jay, don't know if you could ask, but I always wonder why they don't sell standing room only tickets at the top of the upper deck.

This would be fantastic. Still disappointed that they didn't put a bar overlooking the field on the 100-level tunnel end zone where they installed the handicap seating. Such a missed opportunity.

NYS law does not prohibit smoking areas in outdoor stadia. Citi Field, for example, has designated smoking areas. Erie County law bans smoking in enclosed areas of the stadium and in the seating bowl, but leaves policy in other areas up to the operator. I'm also not aware of any law that prevents re-entry, which I believe the Sabres allow. I don't recall seeing re-entry at any recent NFL game I've attended, so that might be an NFL policy.

Are the Bills claiming that the smoking ban isn't their choice?

I'm glad I'm not alone. Citi field does it right. It's a heck of a nice stadium to boot. Another win tonight! Let's go Mets! Edited by SmokinES3

Anyone that can't go 3 - 3 1/2 hours without smoking has a problem and should get help. I can go 3 hours with out a wine.

It is a problem, and it's called nicotine addiction. I know, had it for 20+ years LOL. I must say, I am so happy this ban did not start until after I quit ....and if you add in that 20 % of the populace smoke , that's 20% of your fan base waiting to absolutely last minute to go in just sos they can smoke! Kinds hurts the get em in early drive.