Tim Graham interview with CJ Spiller

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood some of the posters on this board who seemed to enjoy spewing vitriol his way

Me neither.

C.J. could never live up to where he was drafted, but he was a fine Bill and had some electrifying moments. He was a good teammate and (as the article shows) had a real fondness for WNY. I hope he does well in NOLA...

off topic but whatever happened to Khiry Robinson?

I thought he was supposed to be the new Sproles last year

the player he was always compared to was curtis martin style, not sproles. Which as kirby mentioned - between injuries and backing up a guy like ingram that once he got hot was pretty good.... was lost a bit in the shuffle.

the player he was always compared to was curtis martin style, not sproles. Which as kirby mentioned - between injuries and backing up a guy like ingram that once he got hot was pretty good.... was lost a bit in the shuffle.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Spiller in Payton's offense. I really think that it is a great fit (especially with Pierre gone). He is going to see a lot of chances in space and will rarely be called upon to pound between the tackles.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Spiller in Payton's offense. I really think that it is a great fit (especially with Pierre gone). He is going to see a lot of chance in space and will rarely be called upon to pound between the tackles.

i think he could be GREAT. i just hope we see more of the smart usage than what we saw with reggie where some weeks it would be all decoy/trick plays and you get really inconsistent week to week.

when SP has that facet of the game plan rolling, the team is fantastic but i think sometimes he overthinks stuff. spiller i think is the prototype for what he wants out of the spot though.

CJ is a very talented guy, and is an asset to any team.

Though he has some weaknesses in his game, some coaches could wring a lot of productivity out of him. That wasn't happening here, but I hope it does in NO. He is a great guy, and I have nothing bad to say about him as a person, or a player.

Late to the partey

CJ you have always been a class player.

i wished the coaches post Gailey found you a groove.

by your words upon exit you have defined your self. as a very conscious humble and fine human being.

I wish you and your Family the very best. if i ever see you i will shake your hand and smile honestly towards you.

Go CJ Spiller !!

All the "busts" have 1700 yard seasons and pro bowls in their pasts.

I wish him well, but he was an absolutely abysmal draft selection, and I am not one bit sorry to see him move on. Too many holes in his game such as running out of bounds when we are trying to kill time inside the deuce, untimely fumbles, and a total inability to block.

Yeah I remember watching him play in the pro bowl with all the other "busts" in the NFL

Pro bowl ehh... Whitner is a pro bowler. Plenty of players have one good season.

Not at all.

But post count does not determine content.

And yet your only two posts in this thread have had nothing to do with the topic itself.

Donte Whitner has been to 3 straight pro bowls. He's an idiot but 1 of the most improved players in the NFL over the last few years. He's been good in coverage.

Andy Dalton is just another example. Point is the Pro Bowl means nothing. He wasn't worth the first round pick, CJ gave the Bills a 3-4th round product. 1 good year for the first half of your career isn't very productive.

Andy Dalton is just another example. Point is the Pro Bowl means nothing. He wasn't worth the first round pick, CJ gave the Bills a 3-4th round product. 1 good year for the first half of your career isn't very productive.

I don't disagree with any of that. The frustration from some is that if used correctly his production would have exceeded what it did. He's more Swiss Army knife than RB. When the last staff said that they were going to "run him until he pukes" they had already misused him. Their game plan was the equivalent of dropping Mario into coverage regularly. It is just not effectively using his skill set.

Payton will use CJ exactly how he should be used. It won't translate to rushing titles but he will make a LOT of huge plays. It's like Harvin in a lot of ways. Get him in space and see what happens.

I don't disagree with any of that. The frustration from some is that if used correctly his production would have exceeded what it did. He's more Swiss Army knife than RB. When the last staff said that they were going to "run him until he pukes" they had already misused him. Their game plan was the equivalent of dropping Mario into coverage regularly. It is just not effectively using his skill set.

Payton will use CJ exactly how he should be used. It won't translate to rushing titles but he will make a LOT of huge plays. It's like Harvin in a lot of ways. Get him in space and see what happens.

This is revisionist history for 99% of Bills fans. I don't remember your opinion on it specifically, but the prevailing opinion on this board was that Chan didn't give Spiller the ball enough, and that he needed it more. Chan was the one who "misused" Spiller by not feeding him. Then, Spiller sucked, and we found out that Chan was right on the mark.

Pre-2013, it was all "Spiller should be getting 20 to 25 touches and Fred 5 - 10." Not Swiss Army Knife.

Edited by FireChan

This is revisionist history for 99% of Bills fans. I don't remember your opinion on it specifically, but the prevailing opinion on this board was that Chan didn't give Spiller the ball enough, and that he needed it more. Chan was the one who "misused" Spiller by not feeding him. Then, Spiller sucked, and we found out that Chan was right on the mark.

Pre-2013, it was all "Spiller should be getting 20 to 25 touches and Fred 5 - 10." Not Swiss Army Knife.

My viewpoint on Spiller hasn't wavered since college. That is who he was and is as a player. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I talked about what a perfect fit he would be for the Saints 2-3 years ago on here. Edited by Kirby Jackson

My viewpoint on Spiller hasn't wavered since college. That is who he was and is as a player. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I talked about what a perfect fit he would be for the Saints 2-3 years ago on here.

Well then, redacted.

Well then, redacted.

Ha ha, here is last year: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/168072-spotrac-contract-forecast-cj-spiller/?fromsearch=1

Here is another (also predicted the trade up for Watkins): http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/165886-1-bold-offseason-prediction/?fromsearch=1

I didn't go back further but it's there. CJ will be great in NOLa if he can stay healthy.