Unfriendly new Roof at SunLife

They should rotate sides at the half, just like volleyball teams change benches after games. Then each team can be in the sun for one half. I am thinking we have not heard the last of this issue. This is really a competitive advantage for the home team....apparently designed that way...if we attribute Machivalien intelligence to the Dolphins (actually doubtful)

They should rotate sides at the half, just like volleyball teams change benches after games. Then each team can be in the sun for one half. I am thinking we have not heard the last of this issue. This is really a competitive advantage for the home team....apparently designed that way...if we attribute Machivalien intelligence to the Dolphins (actually doubtful)

It's pretty standard issue in stadiums in the south- surprised it's even news but I guess the 8% being the bench is amusing. The new tulane stadium here in New Orleans gets made fun of for getting constructed backwards so home is in the sun.

Advantage: fans!

I have been to many games in Miami and let me tell you, it's not pleasant sitting in that sun for hours. The heat actually makes you rotate between beer and bottled water ( buzz kill! ) I went to the Thursday night game last year mid November and it was still warm, even in the evening. I think the point of the shaded roof is really a fan comfort thing. There is also may other stadium improvements, as they try to get it up to snuff for another Super Bowl bid. As far as competitive advantage, the Fins are known to wear white at home on warm sunny days so that the away team is in their dark jerseys.

too bad the sun moves. Fields go North-South so that the east-west sun is never at the end zone.

a 1pm start and a 4pm start would have the sun in different places.

Sun Life's field is oriented in a NW-SE direction.