But...my daughter is so special!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this disgusting. It's really pathetic and it just shows how pathetically entitled as a society we've become. News flash, your kid isn't good enough. There are bench/role players in the pros. Face it, your daughter is a bench/role player. If she was better, she'd be on the floor playing. Stop thinking your kid is so $%#@ special that they should be handed playing time they didn't earn.

I find this disgusting. It's really pathetic and it just shows how pathetically entitled as a society we've become. News flash, your kid isn't good enough. There are bench/role players in the pros. Face it, your daughter is a bench/role player. If she was better, she'd be on the floor playing. Stop thinking your kid is so $%#@ special that they should be handed playing time they didn't earn.

Where have you been the last 15 years or so? Everyone gets a trophy. Every kid is awesome. Every kid is special. Every kid is so special the parents even think up new ways to spell mundane names for their precious offspring. Like Cindy spelled Sindy. Or Linda spelled Lynda. You know, everyone is so special they deserve their own definitive handle. Check this out

http://www.bestlittlebaby.com/alternate-name-speller.aspx

Where have you been the last 15 years or so? Everyone gets a trophy. Every kid is awesome. Every kid is special. Every kid is so special the parents even think up new ways to spell mundane names for their precious offspring. Like Cindy spelled Sindy. Or Linda spelled Lynda. You know, everyone is so special they deserve their own definitive handle. Check this out

http://www.bestlittlebaby.com/alternate-name-speller.aspx

I've mentioned this before but I'll mention it again. When I played little league 45 years ago we all got trophies. The difference now is that kids and parents feel entitled. I remember when I got mine I'd look at it and wonder why was I getting it? I sucked!

I've mentioned this before but I'll mention it again. When I played little league 45 years ago we all got trophies. The difference now is that kids and parents feel entitled. I remember when I got mine I'd look at it and wonder why was I getting it? I sucked!

Yeah we did all get trophies for participating 50 years ago, but

The best players also got recognition and big trophies, and we all accepted it.

PS: I don't know how many of you are familiar with girls club volleyball, but it is very competitive, cutthroat, expensive, parent dominated entity

They tried to enlist my daughters a few years back, but thankfully we didn't get involved.

Yeah we did all get trophies for participating 50 years ago, but

The best players also got recognition and big trophies, and we all accepted it.

PS: I don't know how many of you are familiar with girls club volleyball, but it is very competitive, cutthroat, expensive, parent dominated entity

They tried to enlist my daughters a few years back, but thankfully we didn't get involved.

I recall being angry with my second place trophy.

I remember getting mine and telling my teammates "This miniature plastic guy bats better than I do."

Then I remember getting beaten up for being an 8 year old who uses "miniature" in a sentence.

I remember getting mine and telling my teammates "This miniature plastic guy bats better than I do."

Then I remember getting beaten up for being an 8 year old who uses "miniature" in a sentence.

Plastic?!?! HA! Ours was gold. Pure solid gold I tell you!!

BTW I was an All-Star batting .000 I was a damn good catcher behind the plate but sucked in the batter's box.

Edited by Chef Jim

Sports are incredibly beneficial to society as a whole. George Orwell, I think, saw the need for this release in his Hates where everyone would freak out at Goldstein for awhile and go back to work. Sports provide a release and they are fun and healthy.

But now. more and more, they represent and end in themselves. They are the path forward. Perhaps a scholarship which is obviously extremely beneficial. . So now an amateur coach is the roadblock to a successful career in a parents eyes. Others just think they are the next Michael Jordan or something. Anyway, its putting these coaches, managers and others involved in youth sports in uncomfortable positions

Its not that parents feel entitled, its that sport's place in society has changed a lot

Sports are incredibly beneficial to society as a whole. George Orwell, I think, saw the need for this release in his Hates where everyone would freak out at Goldstein for awhile and go back to work. Sports provide a release and they are fun and healthy.

But now. more and more, they represent and end in themselves. They are the path forward. Perhaps a scholarship which is obviously extremely beneficial. . So now an amateur coach is the roadblock to a successful career in a parents eyes. Others just think they are the next Michael Jordan or something. Anyway, its putting these coaches, managers and others involved in youth sports in uncomfortable positions

Its not that parents feel entitled, its that sport's place in society has changed a lot

Sport's place in my day to day life has been pretty much pushed to the bottom. Don't really care anymore. Bunch of overpaid whiners.

Sport's place in my day to day life has been pretty much pushed to the bottom. Don't really care anymore. Bunch of overpaid whiners.

So you follow politics instead? lol

Audrey said the lawsuit is not about money or future prospects for her. Amid AP classes and drama productions, volleyball has been a refuge since she followed her older sister onto the court in sixth grade.

Goodness, how about just letting her be a kid for awhile

Goodness, how about just letting her be a kid for awhile

Because if you don't force her to grow up now, you run the risk of her never growing up and being a child for the rest of her life. And nobody wants their kid to be another gatorman.

Stop saying things that I agree with. It's giving me a headache.

You can't always be in lockstep with Tom. It's creepy.

Because if you don't force her to grow up now, you run the risk of her never growing up and being a child for the rest of her life. And nobody wants their kid to be another gatorman.

Yes, when they can be an internet hero like Tom! :doh:

You can't always be in lockstep with Tom. It's creepy.

Yes, when they can be an internet hero like Tom! :doh:

It truly amazes me, how utterly pitiful you are at insults. I would have thought that, after all the insults you've received here over the years, you would have learned something beyond a third grader's "I'm rubber, you're glue!" retort.

It truly amazes me, how utterly pitiful you are at insults. I would have thought that, after all the insults you've received here over the years, you would have learned something beyond a third grader's "I'm rubber, you're glue!" retort.

lame