Sick twisted racist loser publishes

The New Yorker Stoops
by Jonah Goldberg
I’m a fan of The New Yorker, often despite its politics and its haughtiness (often hard to separate), because it values great writing. And I understand that the magazine business is rough these days and celebrity bylines goose both clicks and newsstand sales. But I find it inconceivable that The New Yorker would have run this piece if it didn’t have Lena Dunham or some other bold-face-name in the byline. Titled, “Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?” it’s a pop-quiz for the reader to guess whether she’s talking about her dog or, that’s right, her Jewish boyfriend.
{snip}
Still, I don’t think she was going for anti-Semitism, though she’ll happily pocket the edginess that accusation brings. Rather, like so much of what Dunham does, it reeks of self-indulgence. She clearly think it’s very clever. But as a piece of writing it’s remarkably un-clever. It’s not terrible. It’s more like a solid B in a college-writing seminar. And, I suppose it is a sharp way for her to do what she loves: over-share the various details of her life, most of which, like this piece, are incredibly boring if ascribed to a person you’re not fascinated by.
But that’s just it. For some unfathomable reason, there are people who find Dunham fascinating. She clearly has a gift for convincing late-middle-aged white urban liberals that she’s on to something big and important. I’m just amazed she’s pulled off the con for this long. And I’m disappointed that even The New Yorker fell for it.

Lena Dunham has a Jewish mother and has described herself as a “Jewish woman.” I am not entirely comfortable describing a Jew as an anti-Semite. But I assume we all can agree that she’s a vulgar dope.

Wow.

Just wow. Wonder what her Jewish boyfriend will think when he sees that. If he stay's he's one of the following:

1) On Meth

2) A neckbeard that can't get any.

3) Retarded.

I wonder what her dog will think.

Probably something like "Lucky guy...he's only circumcised."

Well come on now, let's be a little more understanding. The enlightened crowd only has a few sources left for humor: Fox News, white men who earn too much money, Christians, heterosexuals (who all secretly want to be gay), and -- within the confines of New York City -- Jews.

Well come on now, let's be a little more understanding. The enlightened crowd only has a few sources left for humor: Fox News, white men who earn too much money, Christians, heterosexuals (who all secretly want to be gay), and -- within the confines of New York City -- Jews.

And the mentally ill.

And European Jews are fair game, too.

Replace "Jewish" with "Black" or "Hispanic" in that article, and the title alone becomes highly offensive.

That right there is as clear an indicator as any that the article's in poor taste.

Anything involving Lena Dunham is in poor taste. Just look at the skank :sick: Granted I've done worse, but I was drunk

Anything involving Lena Dunham is in poor taste. Just look at the skank :sick: Granted I've done worse, but I was drunk

Agree. She's trash. My parents were hippies and rich. Look at me!

Give me the broad city girls over Dunham all day. They are actually funny.

Thought she was dating the guy from the band FUN, guess they had a hit or two and he left her sorry butt.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

haven't read the link but from yall's comments, i have a pretty good idea as to it's substance i'm not particularly interested in what dunham does or says. i honestly don't know anyone who cares a fig about her. she's in an hbo show that pretends to be edgy but ends up being just pretentious. but you all seem very keen. strange that.

haven't read the link but from yall's comments, i have a pretty good idea as to it's substance i'm not particularly interested in what dunham does or says. i honestly don't know anyone who cares a fig about her. she's in an hbo show that pretends to be edgy but ends up being just pretentious. but you all seem very keen. strange that.

You've pretty much missed the point but don't let that stop you from talking down to people about something only peripherally related.

You've pretty much missed the point but don't let that stop you from talking down to people about something only peripherally related.

Hey, take it easy on dog, he has the unique ability to talk down to people regarding an article that he admits he hasn't read.

no. i get the point. it's not even an original idea. seems to me knock off of this :

"Man Of The Hour"

It's him or me that's what he said

But I can't choose between a vegan and a pot head

So I chose you because you're sweet

And you give me lots of lovin' and you eat meat

And that's how you became my only man of the hour

You never lie and you don't cheat

And you don't have any baggage tied to your forefeet

Do I deserve to be the one who will feed you breakfast, lunch and dinner

And take you to the park at dawn

Will you really be my only man of the hour?

I know you'll never bring me flowers

Flowers they will only die

And though you'll never take a shower together

I know you'll never make me cry

You never argue, you don't even talk

And I like the way you let me lead you

When we go outside and walk

My only man of the hour

My only man of the hour

which is much less inflammatory but perhaps not as funny. oh and btw, comedians have been doing inflammatory stuff forever. the trick is not crossing the line into what the paying audience sees as bad taste. in dun ham's case it really doesn't matter.

no. i get the point. it's not even an original idea. seems to me knock off of this :

"Man Of The Hour"

My only man of the hour

My only man of the hour

which is much less inflammatory but perhaps not as funny. oh and btw, comedians have been doing inflammatory stuff forever. the trick is not crossing the line into what the paying audience sees as bad taste. in dun ham's case it really doesn't matter.

It's the New Yorker, not a stand-up special.

"Man Of The Hour"

My only man of the hour

My only man of the hour

You may want to try reading the original post again. You still don't get it.

And your dumb poem about pot heads only makes you sound stoned again. Are you stoned again?