Bills sat down with a lot of QBs

Last couple of years, virtually every player they drafted was brought in for a look-see prior to The Draft.

I think they will take a QB - if only to ditch Tuel as the "project". Time for a new project, IMHO.

That said, I think they'll take an OLineman with their first pick - whether it be at #50, or they move up or move down.

Moving down might have a greater likelihood - if only because we have few picks and this Draft is deep in OLinemen.

It depends on who's still on the board at that time, and if there are teams hungry and can't hold their water for somebody The Bills don't want at #50.

It looks as though this is a partial list. 17 names would just be a sample. I believe each team is allowed to interview 60 players at the combine.

It is still a lot of QBs though. I guess Whaley is doing his due dilegence as they did when they selected EJ.

At the combine they talked to 13 QBs and 1 OL.

I get the interest in the QBs. The lack of interest in OL puzzles me (even when you add the two OL invited to private workouts).

Bills caterer may be on vacation. :thumbsup: The Off. linemen will be coming I'm pretty sure. And they may have already fallen in love w/ their OL selection at the combine and feel he will be there @ #50 or #81. Someone that fits their power scheme.

Smoke and mirrors and stealth.

I think Whaley and Monos trusts their scouts to a greater level than previous administrations.

That, and they seem to be moving like a herd with their decision making.

They know who the talented players are that can help them, and I don't think they're done playing chess just yet.

thats far from a comprehensive list of past events, and there are still a lot of visits to come too.

Yep, they're on the road attending pro days right now. I'd expect a lot of OL visitors to OBD in the next few weeks...

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/03/2015_nfl_draft_which_prospects_have_the_buffalo_bills_visited_with.html

That is a lot of QBs. Makes me think they take one late or sign as FA. Not one defensive player interviewed at the combine.

Didn't the Bills say publically they were going to look at every QB except Winston and Mariota?

Also I think have the dates right:

-NFL Combine 17-23 Feb

-Cassel trade 4 Mar

-Tyrod Taylor 14 Mar

Maybe they looked at all those QB, said "mmmmm, nobody there who can help us this year" and proceeded with their moves?

Edited by Hopeful

Didn't the Bills say publically they were going to look at every QB except Winston and Mariota?

Also I think have the dates right:

-NFL Combine 17-23 Feb

-Cassel trade 4 Mar

-Tyrod Taylor 14 Mar

Maybe they looked at all those QB, said "mmmmm, nobody there who can help us this year" and proceeded with their moves?

So few franchise QBs every come through trades or free agency, I think you still take a flyer on a guy.

I dunno. Is it possible that they aren't too enamored of the combine as a tool for evaluating OL and are focused more on film?

probably a little of that, but also as someone else mentioned, we have a list of 17 out of 60 combine visits..... and the list was likely assembled primarily from the report that they met with all the qbs but jameis and MM, and then just adding a couple guys that might have referenced the bills in interviews after.

I dunno. Is it possible that they aren't too enamored of the combine as a tool for evaluating OL and are focused more on film?

Elaborate smokescreen.

Step 1: Interview all QB's other than top 2

Step 2: Publicly state that the gap between QB3 and Winston/Mariota is smaller than people realize

Step 3: With stock in QB's up, more are taken before 50. Possibly pushing down a couple O-Line prospects to 50 that wouldn't have been there otherwise

Step 4: ????????

Step 5: Profit

:thumbsup: