NFL.com:Bills' beefed-up offense poised to power playoff run

His point about Roman's approach with QB's got me curious, so here are some stats to digest. May be coincidence, or may be quite telling about how his offense protects QB's and helps them succeed.

Alex Smith Pre-Roman (6 Years):

57.1% Completion (864/1514), 6.21 YPA, 51 TD, 53 INT (3.50%), Highest QBR for a season in that span: 47.3

Alex Smith with Roman (2 Years):

64.3% Completion (426/663), 7.36 YPA, 30 TD, 10 INT (1.51%), Highest QBR for a season in that span: 69.4

Alex Smith Post Roman (2 Years w/ Andy Reid):

62.9% Completion (611/972), 6.77 YPA, 43 TD, 13 INT (1.34%), Highest QBR for a season in that span: 49.4

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Great article with some really good information. Like others have stated though, I'm very concerned about our offensive line. Especially when it's known we are going to ground and pound. Hopefully with some good coaching it will be improved. Lets go Buffalo

I believe I was trying to express this line of thinking in other posts. Not only did EJ Manuel play in a pro style offense at Florida State, but they ran a read option too. With the recent acquisitions, I can see them having a similar offensive approach. As far as who's blocking, I'd like to see what the current group of guys look like with "proper" teaching. I found it strange that everyone on the offensive side of the ball regressed from the previous year(with the exception of Robert Woods). OTAs aren't far away and I'm anxious to see how the guys respond to the new staff. Go Bills!!

Funny that the only players who didn't regress was in Doug Marrone Dog house at some point during last season

I love Romans philosophy, he reminds me of Rex but for offense with unbalanced lines, shifts, multi TEs and formations.

Can't wait for the season to start