NFL has suspended Blackout Policy for 2015 season

KDIGGZ

I would be dropping my 4 season tickets.....unfortuately, I already bought 2015. The Ralph is going to become a TV studio for the cold weather games. The FCC is appriopriating the NFL intellectual property...the entertainment value of its games. I look for this to be recinded in 2016.

@CNBCnow: BREAKING: NFL to suspend blackout policy for 2015 season

@KevinClarkWSJ 4m

4 minutes ago

Breaking: the NFL will scrap it's TV blackout policy for the 2015 season. Will evaluate how it goes after season. Teams voted on this today.

@KevinClarkWSJ 7m7 minutes ago

Owners voted to scrap the TV blackout policy this morning in Phoenix for at least one season. Big, big changes in NFL.

Vic Carucci@viccarucci 52s52 seconds ago

The #NFL suspends its blackout rule for one year: http://bit.ly/1xWewaP

NFL blackout rule going away for 2015 http://wp.me/plmrg-bfq

YEAH!

I would be dropping my 4 season tickets.....unfortuately, I already bought 2015. The Ralph is going to become a TV studio for the cold weather games. The FCC is appriopriating the NFL intellectual property...the entertainment value of its games. I look for this to be recinded in 2016.

That is hilarious. But if it were true, there would be a very easy way for the NFL to block the FCC from appropriating its intellectual material, don't sign the TV contracts and stop televising games. Problem solved. They could also do each game as a pay per view on cable, satellite or even streaming like they are experimenting with now. Lots of options. But in my opinion that would just hasten the decline in popularity of the NFL.

Edited by CodeMonkey

lol...yeah, people went to the Green Bay game this year because of the threat of TV blackouts...

You forgot to take of your tinfoil hat when you clicked on this thread.

lol...yeah, people went to the Green Bay game this year because of the threat of TV blackouts...

You forgot to take of your tinfoil hat when you clicked on this thread.

the original title indicated no more blackouts at all...

the error was corrected.

I doubt it will be rescinded as the big NFL rule is simply DO WHAT TH MONEY TELLS YOU TO DO.

The $ from ticket buyers is a significant chunk of $ but is simply chump change compared to the $ sucked from the NFL's real market which are the eyeballs.

Teams are actually looking to build smaller attendance stadiums with 45-55,000 fans essentially being actors so the NFL can make billions of $ selling the games as entertainment products to the TV networks is where the real $ live.

With the death of the old guard owners like Ralph to the modern NFL the trend we will see is not one to lessening TV coverage but will be one to lessen the importance of game day fans as mostly a prop for storytelling sales.