Ted Cruz to run for President

TH3

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And just when a thread couldn't get dumbed down enough by Chef and Tom the intelligence vacuum Azalia slims in.

Dumbed down by us? Ummm, we're not the one that doesn't know the difference between corporate debt and sovereign debt.

Dumbed down by us? Ummm, we're not the one that doesn't know the difference between corporate debt and sovereign debt.

Lol, no, you clowns are arguing that the size of the economy has nothing to do with how much a country can raise in the bond market. Just stupid, stupid, stupid.

Question of obfuscation to follow, I presume?

Aw, come on - that's the best you've got? You could have at least called me a 'slim' again.

Sorry. Ummmm....how about, you are not worth my best insults, slim?

I called you slim? ^_^

Lol, no, you clowns are arguing that the size of the economy has nothing to do with how much a country can raise in the bond market. Just stupid, stupid, stupid.

I'm not. I'm trying to figure out how the the US's potential earnings affect it's credit rating "a lot!" If that were the case the US would have no credit rating because it would have gone out of business a long time ago. Hence my accusing you of not knowing the difference between corporate debt and sovereign debt.

I'm not. I'm trying to figure out how the the US's potential earnings affect it's credit rating "a lot!" If that were the case the US would have no credit rating because it would have gone out of business a long time ago. Hence my accusing you of not knowing the difference between corporate debt and sovereign debt. G

Government's don't "go out of business" :doh:

Wow

Actually, you argued that.

Really?

Tell that to Argentina.

Oh, I din't realize they were defunct now :rolleyes:

Next you'll say we are just like Greece, huh?

Ignorant

Yes. You argued that government spending as a percentage of our GDP was necessary for borrowing. The fact that our domestic economy is almost 17T had nothing to do with it.

No

Holy crap dude. I make a point and you come back with this based on a facetious comment?

It shows you don't know what you are talking about

Are you aware that you're participating in this thread? Because it doesn't seem like you're aware that you're participating in this thread.

You started all this.

Shall we begin again? You don't like GDP to be a measure of how much we can borrow, right?

I think it makes sense that the bigger our economy, the more we can borrow.

I also said borrowing helps keep taxes lower

I want you to go to this site and you don't have to read it at all. Just search for the word earnings and get back to us with what you find.

http://www.standardandpoors.com/spf/ratings/How_We_Rate_Sovereigns_3_13_12.pdf

It talks about growth prospects, which is basically its future earnings.

• Institutional effectiveness and political risks, reflected in the political score. • Economic structure and growth prospects, reflected in the economic score.

Done

You started all this.

Shall we begin again? You don't like GDP to be a measure of how much we can borrow, right?

I said that the argument that government spending should be indexed to GDP is absurd. I said nothing even similar to what you just attributed to me.

I think it makes sense that the bigger our economy, the more we can borrow.

OK

I also said borrowing helps keep taxes lower

While that's true in a vaacum, it's an incomplete statement. Given various economic conditions, it can increase taxes. It also ignores the notion that current spending levels, much less increased spending, may well be unsustainable and economically irresponsible policy.

It talks about growth prospects, which is basically its future earnings.

• Institutional effectiveness and political risks, reflected in the political score. • Economic structure and growth prospects, reflected in the economic score.

Done

Growth is basically earning?? Uhhhh, no.