Ted Cruz to run for President

TH3

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong about what? In replying to you about GDP and debt? You even changed your argument from a moral one to an economic one. Have to say I liked your economic one better.

I'd really like to address that actually, but if you want to say what I was wrong about I'd like to hear it.

You are wrong, in this thread, in your responses to Tom and a few other posters.

As far as my argument goes, it has always been economic. What do you wish to discuss further?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You were incorrect in you word usage, and were wrong to attack those who pointed it out and sought to correct you. Specificity and the meaning of words are incredibly important. Especially in this medium.

Now, what did you wish to discuss further?

Eh...I think I was right. But whatever.

The future budget situation. I liked your point about future debt, but I was also thinking about growth and making that debt smaller. The deficit is shrinking, the economy is growing and at 2.5% growth a year, that's what? 30% growth of the overall economy in ten years? I'd like to think that would cover the debt situation, except that the baby boomers are, well, aging and we are going to take care of them. So you are right taxes will have to go up and some tough budget decisions will have to be made I'm sure

Eh...I think I was right. But whatever.

The future budget situation. I liked your point about future debt, but I was also thinking about growth and making that debt smaller. The deficit is shrinking, the economy is growing and at 2.5% growth a year, that's what? 30% growth of the overall economy in ten years? I'd like to think that would cover the debt situation, except that the baby boomers are, well, aging and we are going to take care of them. So you are right taxes will have to go up and some tough budget decisions will have to be made I'm sure

Wait. I thought you said a strong economy would make it easier for the US to borrow even MORE money. :wacko:

It would, so?

So, are you proposing that we borrow more money to reduce our deficit? BTW, how is our deficit being reduced? Hasn't it been higher each year for the last decade or so? Isn't it predicted to go higher for the next decade?