2010 draft class

With the departure of CJ Spiller, no player drafted by the Bills in 2010 remains with the team. This means the team did an extremely poor job of evaluating talent, retaining talent, and/or both. Not a recipe for success.

Let's hope the new regime's picks turn out better.

EDIT: Easley re-signed after I posted this. (Or it was reported after I posted this.)

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Not that it really negates the horridness of that draft, but Marcus Easley was also a 2010 pick and the Bills are actively negotiating to bring him back.

But still, this draft will hurt for awhile, considering Troup was taken one spot before Gronk, if nothing else.

Moats lived up to his draft status. Dude was a baller when he was here. Still on the Squeelers. Easley was a decent pick, but his health issues hurt a lot. Carrington was a good player, and one helluva kick blocker. Spiller was a wasted luxury pick, should have been Bulaga. In total a bad draft, but we did have a few small gleams of hope.

It's a little different if one of the players is traded for value, no?

Otherwise, it still would indicate a problem evaluating and/or retaining talent.

It's a little different if one of the players isn't retained because we acquired one better through another avenue.

I think you're a little too close. The Bills aren't the only team to have a bad draft or two.

In two years, everyone from the 2013 draft could be gone. Does that mean Whaley sucks?

It would certainly be considered in evaluating him. Are GM's not supposed to be judged on their drafts? Pretty asinine if that is what you think. Buddy was a terrible GM.

One draft. With low overall talent.

He took a speed back who can't be a workhorse 9th overall with Lynch and Jackson on the roster. He traded up for Terrell Troupe and everyone scratched their heads. Big surprise he busted. He ignored the QB position and let a couple good QB drafts pass him bye. Then he painted himself into a corner and over reached badly on Manuel in a terrible QB draft. He traded up for a niche WR who was more of a track athlete than a football player, with Russell Wilson and several quality WR's on the board. Sorry Russ, but he was terrible.

He took a speed back who can't be a workhorse 9th overall with Lynch and Jackson on the roster. He traded up for Terrell Troupe and everyone scratched their heads. Big surprise he busted. He ignored the QB position and let a couple good QB drafts pass him bye. Then he painted himself into a corner and over reached badly on Manuel in a terrible QB draft. He traded up for a niche WR who was more of a track athlete than a football player, with Russell Wilson and several quality WR's on the board. Sorry Russ, but he was terrible.

I would tend to agree. I am much happier overall with the Whaley pickups. Feels like we are moving in the right direction

Buddy Nix gets such a bad rap here and a lot of it is unfair. He added quite a bit of talent to this roster. In fact, the two best players on the team (Dareus, Mario) are Nix acquisitions.

Dareus was the 3rd overall pick in maybe the greatest draft of all time. Mario had to be given the biggest contract of any defensive player ever when he was signed. Buddy shouldn't get much credit for that.