O-Line Talent Available - FA and Draft

Virgil

This is not a "sky is falling" thread.

With who is left in FA, and assuming we go offensive lineman with our 2nd and 3rd picks (I doubt that will happen), is there talent out there which will finish off this offensive line for the ground and pound game we need?

Woods fell off a bit last year and Glenn was solid. After that, who knows? Incognito didn't even play last year. Right now, I'm just wondering if we will be able to find the talent we need to be the team we are trying to be.

I have faith

Actually I was thinking the same thing this afternoon. There hasn't been much free agency pursuit on the Bills part for the o-line. I still think adding Justin Blalock is a good thing. But the offensive line still needs some shoring up. Since Whaley already acknowledged this, I believe some things will happen.

This is not a "sky is falling" thread.

With who is left in FA, and assuming we go offensive lineman with our 2nd and 3rd picks (I doubt that will happen), is there talent out there which will finish off this offensive line for the ground and pound game we need?

Woods fell off a bit last year and Glenn was solid. After that, who knows? Incognito didn't even play last year. Right now, I'm just wondering if we will be able to find the talent we need to be the team we are trying to be.

I have faith

Do you have a list of guys you want to draft or sign?

Justin Blalock and Stefen Wisniewski are still available. Blalock is 31; however, he is durable (missed only 3 games in his career) and strong in run blocking. Wisniewski is a center, but played guard in his first year.

Edited by billsfan1959

This would have been my first priority by far. Same with last year and the year before that. It's always seems to be an afterthought with this crew. They seem to think any warm body can block the Suhs of the league. Prove me wrong, Whaley, please. Or plug in those all-stars Williams and Richardson again.