One year extension for Kyle -- Williams, that is...

eball

I couldn't be more excited about this move by OBD. This and the decision to keep Fred Jackson in the fold, likely makes our two greatest leaders in the clubhouse career Bills. I really like seeing character be rewarded as well as production on the field. My only hope is that our aggression this offseason does not jeopardize our ability to retain "Big Daddy" Marcell Dareus after this season.

Edited by Alabama

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicks the can down the road, though. Keep in mind we don't have a qb, and if a great one becomes available in one or two years in free agency, we might not have the cap room to pay him because of these deals, in which case we'd be stuck cutting stars to meet the cap. See Orleans, New.

I couldn't be more excited about this move by OBD. This and the decision to keep Fred Jackson in the fold, likely makes our two greatest leaders in the clubhouse career Bills. I really like seeing character be rewarded as well as production on the field. My only hope is that our aggression this offseason does not jeopardize our ability to retain "Big Daddy" Marcell Dareus after this season.

Dareus is the best player on the team right now, they're not shortsighted enough to jeopardize our chances at him.

I was disappointed. :bag:

Go to your room. :P

Kicks the can down the road, though. Keep in mind we don't have a qb, and if a great one becomes available in one or two years in free agency, we might not have the cap room to pay him because of these deals, in which case we'd be stuck cutting stars to meet the cap. See Orleans, New.

That goes double for you. Learn a be more about the cap first. Hint: there's no "r" in cap.

hope he retires a Bill

+1, and I think this means he will.

@mikerodak: So the Bills extension with Kyle Williams actually decreased their 2015 cap space, which was unexpected.

@mikerodak: Kyle Williams cap numbers, per NFLPA: $6.95 (2015), $8M (2016), $8.3M (2017). Previous deal was $6.4M (2015) and $7M (2016).

Buffalo Rumings says this is was an unnecessary move; pretty harsh, really.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2015/3/18/8246483/kyle-williams-contract-extension-details-buffalo-bills-2015

kj

these types of articles drive me nuts. why does every single move need to be compared to the Patriot Way? They have a HOF QB, we don't. They can get away with things that we can't when it comes to paying other players to make up for the fact we are still trying to establish the QB position. Why do people insist that it is apples to apples?

Maybe it was "unnecessary" as they say. But who cares whether the Pats would or would not have done it? If KW was gone next year Billy B would sign him for a bunch of money in a heartbeat.

Edited by YoloinOhio