[closed]Playing "What if?" how would you feel about Greg Hardy

Haplo848

Let's get this out of the way, so that people don't have to keep saying it: He is obviously a scum bag. He assaulted his girlfriend and threatened to kill her. He is a horrible person.

Because of how good he is, he WILL get a new contract on some team. NFL.com has him rated as one of the top 5 free agents despite his history. The NFL is a business, and because of that, people who are skilled enough get all the chances they need. Just look at T.O., who was continually described as a locker room cancer, but continually got new contracts until he got too old to play. Look at A.P., who assaulted his own kid, but would apparently be welcomed back to the VIkings with open arms.

All that said, how would you feel if the Bills signed him to a one year deal? Having him play opposite Hughes in a 3-4, with Hughes, Dareus, Williams, Williams, and Hardy all having the potential to rush the QB on any given down would give the Bills a huge edge on defense. However, is that worth all the baggage and horror that would bring?

I'm not advocating for either side. I'm simply asking, with 12 hours to go until free agency officially begins, how all of you would feel about the Bills signing Hardy to a one year deal.

I don't think the Bills can afford to send any more money on line/LB. If they hadn't re-signed Hughes it would have made a lot of sense. As far as the off the field issues go, I'm past the point of caring. Domestic abuse is terrible and he should be punished for it, but if he's going to play with someone and he can help the Bills win I say sign him up. I just want to win. The Bills have tried the under-talented high-character model long enough.

I don't think the Bills can afford to send any more money on line/LB. If they hadn't re-signed Hughes it would have made a lot of sense. As far as the off the field issues go, I'm past the point of caring. Domestic abuse is terrible and he should be punished for it, but if he's going to play with someone and he can help the Bills win I say sign him up. I just want to win. The Bills have tried the under-talented high-character model long enough.

I just want to win.. screw character huh ? You're willing to sacrifice integrity just to win...? Do you or anyone else not understand how ridiculous it is to put a stupid game, a form of entertainment ahead of integrity ? How does anyone come to the conclusion that winning football games is more important then character ?

although the charges were dropped against Hardy and I would be fine with signing him because those charges were dropped... I do not share the sentiment that winning is more important then character. Sad world we live in when people at the top of big business banks and wallstreet all feel the same way you do. Self satisfaction trumps everything

I just want to win.. screw character huh ? You're willing to sacrifice integrity just to win...? Do you or anyone else not understand how ridiculous it is to put a stupid game, a form of entertainment ahead of integrity ? How does anyone come to the conclusion that winning football games is more important then character ?

although the charges were dropped against Hardy and I would be fine with signing him because those charges were dropped... I do not share the sentiment that winning is more important then character. Sad world we live in when people at the top of big business banks and wallstreet all feel the same way you do. Self satisfaction trumps everything

You seem to be acting as if this is something new. The way of the world since the dawn of humanity.

We've already invested $40 million in our defensive line. We need a Guard, TE, FB, and of course a QB.

I'm hoping we fill these needs, and when draft day comes, we trade for Foles. He'll get the job done, and once Philly trades for Mariotta, they'll need picks. We can give a 3rd and potentially get him.

That's a win now approach. If we hit on our 2nd, and 5th, we could have an excellent roster. Then it's all about coaching and injuries.

At this point, no. If we didn't keep Hughes, maybe. But, don't you think it's a bit odd that an elite player has not even been talked about much? Not really so much as a whisper? All you hear are "Greg Hardy could play @..." No real rumors or information generated.

Sure, you could argue he's waiting until some things shake out in the market but the DE market is already set and especially now that Hughes is signed it'll be easy to set a price. I imagine he won't be signed in the next week, though.