Old Timers vs. New Dogs in the Bills world and TBD...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike and Mike both days coming to work have been discussing the Bills and this morning they both said the Bills will make the playoffs in the upcoming season. Makes the drive to work much more pleasant! :D

Wait til this fall when they roll up the wins and they're seriously relevant for a playoff spot. It's gonna be great! (The days of: "It's hard to win in the NFL" will be a distant memory.) Go Bills

I attended my first Bills games in 1966, both against KC at the old Rockpile and they got beat both times to include the AFL Playoff to go to the first SB. Remember both Saban eras (63 - 65/72 - 76), the Knox era and the Kelly/Levy era including the late 90's. I know heartache when it comes to this team!!

But I am cautiously optimistic we are indeed in a new era and have hope again.

I attended my first Bills games in 1966, both against KC at the old Rockpile and they got beat both times to include the AFL Playoff to go to the first SB. Remember both Saban eras (63 - 65/72 - 76), the Knox era and the Kelly/Levy era including the late 90's. I know heartache when it comes to this team!!

But I am cautiously optimistic we are indeed in a new era and have hope again.

Then we almost attended the same game. In 66 I watched Joe Namath at the Rock Pile for the Bills season opener. It was a W for the Bills. AFL (and the Bills) forever, baby!

I love the rich history of the Buffalo Bills and have the utmost respect for the success Ralph, Bill, Jim and co. reached. But I am tired of living in the past. Everyone refers to the 90's, living on the great successes that just aren't here any more. I cannot wait for a day when media and fans can stop rooting for games/players that happened 20+ years ago and we can finally endure some modern success to celebrate

+1

I sat around in zubaz keeping my own stats for the away games went to almost every game at 'Rich' stadium and lived and died those teams. Yet there is nothing on god's green earth that would make me more happy than if we won 1 Super Bowl and 20 years from now not even being able to name a 90's Bill.

Edited by SJDK