Thank Goodness this organization is changing for the better

15 years folks! The last time we even sniffed the playoffs, the old model at one bills drive wasn't cutting it. We have had Donahoe, Levy, numerous coaches who promised to turn this team around. We have too many average season ending records to count of meaning we were always consistently drafting middle first round.

I love the way this organization is moving! I think Whaley gets way to ripped too much for his forward thinking moves. It's about time we have had someone in office to have the balls to make some bold moves, an owner who has some nice pockets to reach into. Rex, Doug and Roman have a plan and I'm buying it.

The Legend of Kiko will haunt these boards for years to come. I loved Kiko like everyone else- but one rookie season doesn't make a career. He is gone now, he was gone last year! Did we miss him last year? He may turn out great, He may tear another acl. But to get good players you have to give good players. We got a heck of a great player! Rex is not going to just let this defense fall apart.

What sucks was our offensive output year, made me puke.

So thank you Doug for trying to balance out this offense a bit. Now find us a QB because I do also hold him accountable for Manuel. He took a shot and unless something changes this season, he may have whiffed on him. We have a window of opportunity with the right man..I am just not sure who that guy is.

I'm also reading all this stuff that running backs are a dime a dozen . We have a bunch of running backs who worth a dime a dozen. Boobie, Brown-Are the great..NO! I am not sure these guys really struck fear into anyone.. I say Running backs with the talent of Mccoy are rare and he is a Buffalo Bill!

you really think we are heading in the right direction?

for 15 years we have had a fascination with RB's. we have had some really good ones and we still have not made the playoffs. I wonder if it has anything to do with not having a QB? hmmmmmmmm

you can't win without a QB. i don't care if we have Walter Payton back there and the '85 Bears defense. we still need a Jim McMahon. especially in today's NFL

for 15 years we have had a fascination with RB's. we have had some really good ones and we still have not made the playoffs. I wonder if it has anything to do with not having a QB? hmmmmmmmm

you can't win without a QB. i don't care if we have Walter Payton back there and the '85 Bears defense. we still need a Jim McMahon. especially in today's NFL

Ravens won with Trent Dilfer. Joe Flacco is a decent QB but not a worldbeater. How much of the Seahawks success was Russell Wilson and how much of it was Lynch keeping drives alive while the D dominated? Having a great QB is huge, but they are rare and when so many people are touting Sanchez, it's a sign there's just not much out there. The Bills are not likely to have a franchise QB (whatever that means) or to be able to acquire one anytime soon -- however, they do have an awesome defense and now one of the 2 or 3 best running backs in the league. There are offensive linemen available in free agency. This seems the smart way to go!

So who exactly is this QB that the Bills should get as of right now? We all know that QB is the big problem, and the other problem is your news flash doesn't include a solution. Who is the guy right now that the Bills should have gotten instead of McCoy?

So who exactly is this QB that the Bills should get as of right now? We all know that QB is the big problem, and the other problem is your news flash doesn't include a solution. Who is the guy right now that the Bills should have gotten instead of McCoy?

Just stating that the "let's get the best RB available and just run the ball every down" has already been tried and failed. See the 2003-2010 Buffalo Bills as an example.

Who knows who the best QB available is. Nobody thought Lesean McCoy was available either. Those are talks between GM's that we will never be privy to but everyone has their price. I don't doubt that we could have traded for a starting QB instead of trading for a starting RB

So you're just going to gloss over the fact that the Bills, coming off a franchise worst rushing season, just added one of the league's top-3 backs to fix it?

That fact is meaningless?

It never does. Everyone demands a QB but no one can say who or how.

So you're just going to gloss over the fact that the Bills, coming off a franchise worst rushing season, just added one of the league's top-3 backs to fix it?

Eagles wouldn't have traded him if they thought he was a top 3 back. I believe he was ranked #55 by PFF. Bryce Brown used to rip off 200 yard games in his absence so I'm not convinced McCoy is as amazing as you think.

There are lots of good RB's available in both FA and the draft. This is probably the deepest RB draft in years much like it was the deepest WR draft last year. This need could have been addressed in a lot of other ways

Eagles wouldn't have traded him if they thought he was a top 3 back. I believe he was ranked #55 by PFF. Bryce Brown used to rip off 200 yard games in his absence so I'm not convinced McCoy is as amazing as you think.

There are lots of good RB's available in both FA and the draft. This is probably the deepest RB draft in years much like it was the deepest WR draft last year. This need could have been addressed in a lot of other ways

I think you are missing the point of the trade. The Bills are positioned for yearly visits to the playoffs the next three years. They went and got the sure thing, not the maybe.

Drafted RBs are very hit or miss. There's no need to even list the big names that went bust. Also, they were no in position to even get one of the two "sure thing" RBs in Gordon and Gurley.

So the Bills decided to not roll the dice on the draft with whichever RB was left at #50 and instead got one of the top three stud RBs in the NFL.

This trade instantly made the Bills a top 5 AFC team even with EJ Manuel as our starting QB IMO.

The same type of argument can be made for Kiko. The Bills wouldn't have traded him if they thought he was that good. In his one season, he played behind one of the best DL in football, which made him look great.

I think their both good players.

I think you are missing the point of the trade. The Bills are positioned for yearly visits to the playoffs the next three years. They went and got the sure thing, not the maybe.

Drafted RBs are very hit or miss. There's no need to even list the big names that went bust. Also, they were no in position to even get one of the two "sure thing" RBs in Gordon and Gurley.

So the Bills decided to not roll the dice on the draft with whichever RB was left at #50 and instead got one of the top three stud RBs in the NFL.

This trade instantly made the Bills a top 5 AFC team even with EJ Manuel as our starting QB IMO.

I wish I had that much faith in a guy that doesn't want to be here. He's good but for how long and how good will he be if he doesn't want to be on this team? If we get the McCoy from 2013 then I'm happy. We simply don't know yet

The same type of argument can be made for Kiko. The Bills wouldn't have traded him if they thought he was that good. In his one season, he played behind one of the best DL in football, which made him look great.

I think their both good players.

I think they know he is good, they just don't care. They wanted to make a big splash and this was their chance to better their offense. They probably feel as though they can get another LB that fits Rex's scheme so Kiko was exependable.

I wish I had that much faith in a guy that doesn't want to be here. He's good but for how long and how good will he be if he doesn't want to be on this team? If we get the McCoy from 2013 then I'm happy. We simply don't know yet

I think they know he is good, they just don't care. They wanted to make a big splash and this was their chance to better their offense. They probably feel as though they can get another LB that fits Rex's scheme so Kiko was exependable.

...they think he is good...they just don't care. Right.

Or, they know the details of his injury and the prospect for his recovery.

...they think he is good...they just don't care. Right.

Or, they know the details of his injury and the prospect for his recovery.

or Rex says we are going to be the best defense in the league no matter who the LB is. you know how he is. full of bravado

Most folks here don't realize just how comatose and paralyzed this organization was, for YEARS, under past ownership.

It all started at the top and nothing good was going to come of it.

That's all gone now. I have been saying this would happen for a while now.

You are starting to see what a healthy organization is capable of.

We're finally back in business after decades in a coma.

It feels GOOD.

Edited by Stopthepain

All reports point that this is a Chip Kelly move as their relationship had become strained last season..If McCoy is not as amazing as others think then I don't know what makes a good back. Bryce Brown didn't exactly light it up for us..the only time I felt ok with our back situation was when Fred was in the game.

Good thoughts!

Most folks here don't realize just how comatose and paralyzed this organization was, for YEARS, under past ownership.

It all started at the top and nothing good was going to come of it.

That's all gone now. I have been saying this would happen for a while now.

You are starting to see what a healthy organization is capable of.

We're finally back in business after decades in a coma.

It feels GOOD.

why yes. when you are a Troll you get to say anything and expect to get away with it.