Can EJ be the starting QB for the Bills

Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

That was yesterday, and I said that I would keep Manuel even if he looked bad in training camp because that's what a project requires IMO, three full seasons before you give up. That's what I would do.

My post your replying to was me questioning the validity of this coach's comments. It's not me saying that I would cut him, it's me asking why is he's still on the team if they don't think he's any good. Maybe the answer is because he's a project, but that "they don't think he's any good" comment was pretty cut and dry. It doesn't make sense to keep him on the team if they don't think he's any good. Saying that and not adding a qualifier like the don't think he's good, but they're giving him one more shot because he was a raw prospect coming into the league.

Doesn't it also not make monetary sense to cut him? Or maybe they'll cut him after getting another QB or two? Who knows?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that the son is very involved. All of the coaches are. I have no idea how close he and his dad are. The dad is always in Bills clothes so i am assuming that they are close though.If 1 of them is from Western PA that is him.

Maybe Vrable. Coached in WV. He also signaled plays in to EJ from Hackett when Hackett was up in box. Hackett eventually moved down to sidelines

You don't want him to develop into a competent starter? Why?

As my response said....could he be the starting QB....yes, he certainly could.

My next comment was, should he be the starting QB and IMO from what we have seen so far (to date, not projecting the upcoming training camp and pre season), no he should not be the starter. Biggest concern is that EJ is no different today (yesterday really) than he was in college.

EJ built his stats against crappy opponents on a superiorly talented team (comparatively speaking) but never really did anything (consistently) that made anyone say....wow, that guy is special.

Your statement makes the concept of "develop into a competent starter" sound like a natural progression or an absolute product of being a starter.....it is not.

Edited by Garranimal

the abilities of EJ have not been fully put to test.

When EJ has a HC that is willing to play him w/o reservations we will see if he's capable or not.

people are willing to see others players develop and give then 3 or 4 years to prove themselves, yet get 2 faced when it comes to EJ.

If he is the starter and has a negative TD to INT ratio, takes too many sacks or consistently can;t hit the side of a barn I'll say he's a failure.

until then I'll give him the benefit of doubt just like I gave CJ, SJ13, Moulds, Evans, and even Mario Williams when he warranted criticism his first season here.

What EJ lacks isn't in coaching, it's actual ability. QBs with actual ability can benefit from good coaching, but they don't depend on it. EJ does not possess that quality. sorry, but the truth is the truth.

Ahh, the "truth." Somehow all those NFL teams that had him marked as a 1st or 2nd round pick couldn't see that he has no ability. Too bad they didn't have someone with your keen eye in their building to guide them to the light. You would have told them to not even bring him in as an un-drafted FA because he has no "actual ability."

:lol:

people are willing to see others players develop and give then 3 or 4 years to prove themselves, yet get 2 faced when it comes to EJ.

As one of those "people" of whom you speak, this isnt quite right.

Rather, "people are willing to see other players who show promise develop . . . ."

And then the apologists apologize, and the haters hate, and we continue this dance in 75% of the threads for months and months. Its pretty tiring, really.

Edited by maddenboy

"people" of whom you speak - Yes, it is quite right

some "people" call him a failure, some "people" call him see promise

based on this poll 80% seem to disagree with you on his lack of "promise"

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Ahh, the "truth." Somehow all those NFL teams that had him marked as a 1st or 2nd round pick couldn't see that he has no ability. Too bad they didn't have someone with your keen eye in their building to guide them to the light. You would have told them to not even bring him in as an un-drafted FA because he has no "actual ability."

Aaaahhhh.... your weak minded attempt at criticizing my viewpoint is funny. too bad you felt small enough to post such nonsense. I guess not everyone can be intelligent... lol.

But to your point.... yes, it is too bad. We wouldn't have wasted a 1st round pick on a 5-7 round, or undrafted talent.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Can you provide a list of those teams and links to quotes which confirm that they all had him not only pegged as a firsrt or second rounder....but that they would have drafted them in either of those rounds with their picks? Otherwise, the retort would be what about "all of those teams" that didn't have him marked as a 1st or 2nd round pick. Then we could all argue which "teams" are smarter than others.

My take on EJ is I see a duck and I describe him as a duck....not a good duck, not a bad duck....a duck.

To put it another way, all of us here go out to a bar for a beer. Billsfan-4-ever looks at a girl and says, hey guys, that girl right there was the hottest girl at the fat farm where i used to work, if she lost weight, got a boob and a nose job and stopped wearing tube tops and coveralls she would be a 10! Homey, FireChan and Metzelaars with disgust, would call her a fat skank and rate her a 4 (though i suspect homey might go as far as a 7) and I would probably say, that is a 6'4" 237lb (see what I did there) woman who has apparently struggled with her weight her whole life, and her prospects for finding someone to buy her a boob and nose job are slim (pun intended) but she is my sister so I hope for the best.

Sorry, i gave myself a chuckle, not meant mean spiritedly (is that word?) at anyone!

My take on EJ is I see a duck and I describe him as a duck....not a good duck, not a bad duck....a duck.

To put it another way, all of us here go out to a bar for a beer. Billsfan-4-ever looks at a girl and says, hey guys, that girl right there was the hottest girl at the fat farm where i used to work, if she lost weight, got a boob and a nose job and stopped wearing tube tops and coveralls she would be a 10! Homey, FireChan and Metzelaars with disgust, would call her a fat skank and rate her a 4 (though i suspect homey might go as far as a 7) and I would probably say, that is a 6'4" 237lb (see what I did there) woman who has apparently struggled with her weight her whole life, and her prospects for finding someone to buy her a boob and nose job are slim (pun intended) but she is my sister so I hope for the best.

Sorry, i gave myself a chuckle, not meant mean spiritedly (is that word?) at anyone!

That's gold. Strong work. I'd give her a 7...

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

the abilities of EJ have not been fully put to test.

When EJ has a HC that is willing to play him w/o reservations we will see if he's capable or not.

If he is the starter and has a negative TD to INT ratio, takes too many sacks or consistently can;t hit the side of a barn I'll say he's a failure.

until then I'll give him the benefit of doubt just like I gave CJ, SJ13, Moulds, Evans, and even Mario Williams when he warranted criticism his first season here.

You didn't give the bills defense the benefit of the doubt earlier this season. In fact the first time I had the pleasure of making your acquaintance on here I alluded to the bills defense as being elite through 5-6 games or so and your response was, and I'm not paraphrasing here, "bills? Elite defense? BWAHAHAHAHA!" And then you went on a crusade much like this one, pointing to the defensive stats on espn but you kept failing to adjust the numbers to reflect yards per game (several teams had already had their bye so had given up fewer total yards than the bills). Everyone kept trying to explain this to you but you simply could not understand what everyone was trying to tell you. So that is the story of when I first became aware of bills fan 4 ever. Needless to say I've been a fan of his ever since- dare I say a fan 4 ever. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I wonder of EJ fell to the 2nd round would the critics be as critical?

oh who am I fooling

You don't have to wonder. I remember an UDFA rookie starting his first game because of 3 injuries to the QB's ahead of him, who then played poorly, and got crucified.

oh you poor poor man Metz sure I may have said "bills? Elite defense? BWAHAHAHAHA!"

now if you are attempting to twist my words based on a different topic... tsk tsk tsk that's what some call trolling.

Remind me (with a link, as my feeble mind is mis remembering) -- When did I say the Bill's D was elite? I may have said they were Very Good (in sacks YES), but recently in this thread??? I looked back 3 pages no mention from me.

ELITE = top 5 Defense in the NFL AGAINST the run and pass for more than a year

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

like this?

252-weight-loss-before-after.png or this ??? another-female-successful-weight-loss.jp

and I'm sorry all you look at are ugly ducklings