Do you, or did you, consider yourself a drunkard?

GOBILLS78

this times infinity

18-24?? Holy smokes. My limit is 8 and I thought I was bad. I quit in 1991 and didn't touch a drop for 10 years. I was working in kitchens and I was pounding the stuff every day seeing most of it was free. When I quit I wrote a small little S on my calendar to signify a sober day. I quit cold turkey all by myself. I wasn't easy but I did it. I went to the library and pulled a 12 stop program book off the shelf and read step one. You have no control over your own actions (or something like that) Bulleffingshit!! There is only one person in the whole wide room that has control over my actions and it was me. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this times infinity

Yeah but my wife and I are such bad influences on each other. She can stop at 2 whereas I can't but if she and are at home with no place to go we can knock em back like no other. Then wake up the next morning giving each other bad looks like it was the others fault. :lol:

I don't drink at home at all, even last night watching the syracuse game, i went with a bowl of golden grahams over a drink. i drink only when i go out...that is when i have a problem stopping at one or two. what i need is more self control over wanting to go out to the flying pig all the time.

Yeah but my wife and I are such bad influences on each other. She can stop at 2 whereas I can't but if she and are at home with no place to go we can knock em back like no other. Then wake up the next morning giving each other bad looks like it was the others fault. :lol:

Thanks, I used to drink 18 to 24 beers a night but could work the next day. I hope you mean $200,000 to $300,000 not $2,000,000 to $3,000,000 ! Day 8 and going to more recovery classes today.

Yeah $200,000 - $250,000. Their very nice but winters like the one we had this year would be rough living there. Of course it was rough living anywhere in WNY this winter.

I really don't get hungover either. With that being said I usually stick to drinking light beer & very rarely go to hard stuff. My wife gets drunk maybe once a year & she is useless for the next 2-3 days with her hangover.

Edited by Gordio

I don't drink at home at all, even last night watching the syracuse game, i went with a bowl of golden grahams over a drink. i drink only when i go out...that is when i have a problem stopping at one or two. what i need is more self control over wanting to go out to the flying pig all the time.

Drinking at home is the problem. Drinks are expensive here and we usually have 1-2. If she has 2 I'll usually have three and that's it. But at home. We went through 3 1/2 bottles of wine this Sunday. It's easy when you just pull it from the "cellar". It's already paid for so it cost us nothing Sunday. :lol:

I gave up drinking booze when I turned 21. after 3 years of puking on my birthday I had enough. Then a while later when I became a dad I stopped drinking beer regularly when we had kids. Slows down your reflexes too much.

You did 3 years worth of puking on your 21st birthday!?!? No wonder you don't drink anymore. Yeesh....did your stomach come out through your throat?

not that bad.. :lol: too many shot challenges at birthday events at the bar after work!

14 shots in less than 2 ~ 3 hours hours ... the 21st was the straw that broke the camels back

especially when my friends dumped my on my girlfriends front lawn green as the grass in September

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I did 15 consecutive shots of Jameson at my best friend's bachelor party this past summer. The winner of the contest did 26. Still, not too bad for a 35 year old Dad with 2 kids.

BTW....the winner won a bottle of Jameson :doh:

i have friends who named their kids Jameson and Chivas.

I gave up drinking booze when I turned 21. after 3 years of puking on my birthday I had enough. Then a while later when I became a dad I stopped drinking beer regularly when we had kids. Slows down your reflexes too much.

So you don't consider beer booze?

So you don't consider beer booze?

yeah yeah it's all the same thing.

when I say booze I mean harder liquor, whiskey, tequila, vodka etc ... beer is simply beer,

I named my youngest Killian, not after the beer mind you, but still

I miss my Killian's Red(?). Don't see it much in Virginia.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yeah $200,000 - $250,000. Their very nice but winters like the one we had this year would be rough living there. Of course it was rough living anywhere in WNY this winter.

I really don't get hungover either. With that being said I usually stick to drinking light beer & very rarely go to hard stuff. My wife gets drunk maybe once a year & she is useless for the next 2-3 days with her hangover.

Why would it be rough living there?

Drinking at home is the problem. Drinks are expensive here and we usually have 1-2. If she has 2 I'll usually have three and that's it. But at home. We went through 3 1/2 bottles of wine this Sunday. It's easy when you just pull it from the "cellar". It's already paid for so it cost us nothing Sunday. :lol:

Good thing you quit in 1991.