Is EJ a franchise QB?

Kirby Jackson

Is EJ a franchise QB?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that EJ will be a franchise QB?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's really not. It actually couldn't be less nuanced or more simple. He didn't ask you whether he will or won't be anything, nor did he ask for probabilities. I'll repeat the question in a way that you can hopefully understand:

If you had a gun to your head and your life depended on the accuracy of your prediction, and the only possible answers are yes and no, do you think EJ Manuel will become a franchise QB?

The only room for nuance or interpretation is how you define "franchise QB". I swear, I can see some on this board at the roulette table explaining how you can't simply bet on red because the reality is too unknown and nuanced.

I'll re-post my initial response:

As said by someone earlier: I voted "yes." But really, I believe he has the potential to be, we don't know yet.

I voted Yes because you were trying to force me into a stupid choice. I'm closer to yes, let's let give him a try than no, let's cut him and give up a valuable chance he can help the team.

If we never try a QB that isn't already a "franchise QB" we will likely wait a long time to get one and/or give up a lot (or "suck for Luck").

If I had to say, right now my best guess, it is no, he will never be a franchise QB in the NFL. I would say the same for most of the starting QBs in the league. I'm more opposed to what you're trying to prove with a forced binary poll than anything. There is not a "gun" to the team's head, and no one needs to decide anything right this moment.

I'll re-post my initial response:

If I had to say, right now my best guess, it is no, he will never be a franchise QB in the NFL. I would say the same for most of the starting QBs in the league. I'm more opposed to what you're trying to prove with a forced binary poll than anything. There is not a "gun" to the team's head, and no one needs to decide anything right this moment.

I wasn't trying to prove anything; it wasn't even my poll. It's just ridiculous that someone can't gauge fan opinion without people with their bizarre message board agendas gumming up the results with bogus answers and then making excuses for why they gave an answer to a question other than the one asked.

The fact that you're so convinced someone is out to prove something says a lot about your mindset.

For the third time in three posts on this particular forum I voted yes. That said don't say you don't want explanations on a FORUM that is meant for DIALOGUE. It is pretty simple that people are using this very pointed yes or no forum to state their reasoning behind their answer. I tend to believe that EJ turns a corner BECAUSE of the change in coaching staff. That said take this poll if he does and the numbers are changed. Time will tell.

Where is DC Tom when you need him?

Hope. People hope that EJ is a franchise QB. The reasons are many, maybe it's coaching, maybe it's things finally clicking for him, but, it is hope. There's nothing wrong with hope, it gets us through tough times in our lives, it makes us get back up every time we're knocked down. Nobody, IMO, flat out believes that EJ is a franchise QB unless your standard for that phrase is a QB who has started games at QB for a franchise.

This would seem to me to be a silly poll. The obvious answer is no.
P. Manning, T. Brady, A, Rogers are franchise QBs. No one can seriously think EJ Manuel is going to get to that level based on his work to date. The 59 (as of now) who voted yes are 19-0 baby vote with your heart and not your head people.

This would seem to me to be a silly poll. The obvious answer is no.

P. Manning, T. Brady, A, Rogers are franchise QBs. No one can seriously think EJ Manuel is going to get to that level based on his work to date. The 59 (as of now) who voted yes are 19-0 baby vote with your heart and not your head people.

as I stated on the first page or 2. yes this is dumb. What the poll should ask at this time Can EJ be the starter in Buffalo,

I wasn't trying to prove anything; it wasn't even my poll. It's just ridiculous that someone can't gauge fan opinion without people with their bizarre message board agendas gumming up the results with bogus answers and then making excuses for why they gave an answer to a question other than the one asked.

The fact that you're so convinced someone is out to prove something says a lot about your mindset.

Where is DC Tom when you need him?

Dude. It's a message board. Conversations drift. People post polls and other people chime in with "the real question is THIS answering their question instead or disagreeing about terms. Look over at the poll I started and you'll see people arguing about what would constitute a big splash and bringing in trades and all sorts of topic drift, as well as posting without answering the poll. What you term "ridiculous" and "bizarre message board agendas gumming up the results" is in fact, typical of how message boards work.

The fact that you're so knotted up about what proper responses to this poll should entail that you wax insulting about those whose responses don't meet your standards .....well, I humbly suggest that says something about your mindset, and may imply that you want to prove something.

But I do hope DC Tom shows up because as far as we know, he hasn't called me an idiot yet and I'm waiting to enjoy the experience.