Two plays changed everything for two quarterbacks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the play that EJ made to Goodwin in the flats where Goodwin got blown up? That play ended EJ's season as the rest of the receivers quit and would not trust him again. Sammy refused to go all out after that. It also sidelined Goodwin for a while and he has never been the same either. Getting the receiver's trust again will more than anything determine whether EJ has a future.

Goodwin was never the same? What was he before? Injury prone non factor? That dudes name proceeds himself. No one even respects the dude

No offense, but this Trent Edwards "was never the same" statement is just a Myth. He wasnt playing well prior to that...the only reason people think he was playing well was because we started 4-0 but that was against 4 of the worst teams in the league that year, our defense and ST made 3 of those 4 wins possible, and he didn't have very good games against bad teams.

Trent game before and after that hit were the same. The difference was we stopped getting a bunch of huge breaks with turnovers and we started losing. It took a bunch of defensive turnovers, defensive TDs and ST TDS to beat 4 bad teams to start 4-0. Once those stopped, we stopped winning. People forget how much the offense struggled those 4 wins, all they saw was 4-0 and over looked Trents short comings. He turned into a myth...but once we started playing better teams and the D made less big plays, the truth about Trent was exposed. He was weak before the AZ game and was weak after, its just people took notice after because they had an incorrect perception of Trent due to a misleading 4-0 start.

I posted over and over again when we were 4-0 that we would not make the playoffs if Trent kept playing the way he was...and sure enough we didn't. The people who couldn't accept that Trent wasnt very good took comfort in trying to use the hit in AZ as the reason, but truth was, he wasnt very good and hadn't been very good even before that game.

Confirmation. Buffalo fans had me convinced i knew NOTHING about football. I never saw anything close to a qb to get behind. Outside of numerous preseason games where he would throw it. He was just never good. Was that the year Moorman threw the td to Ryan Denney against oakland to help barely beat oakland?

What I remember about Edwards was the game where he threw 3 early interceptions and from that point on he showed an obvious unwillingness to throw another and the checkdowns began. Don't think he ever regained his confidence after that as his game degenerated to checkdown after checkdown.

Th r cleveland Monday night game?

Well I live in Buffalo and saw the game at a bar. I saw quite a few fans celebrate Kiko injuring Hoyer, including the 3 guys next to me who were really whooping it up.

But thats fans. They get drunk and just act up. Gibson was pretty much taunting. I was amped on the hit by kiko but grounded when i saw they trying to put the Hoyer pieces back together i felt bad

I remember that play, Brees almost fell victim of Watt as well last year on a similar play.

20yrs and fixxxer lets just end it by saying watt is flat out unfair and an anomaly. No one player should be condemned for giving up a play against that guy

Trent Edwards always sucked. That dude was living off his first drive against the Pats for 3 years

The year we went 4-0,

Beat a poor Seattle team

Needed James Hardy to beat a bad Jags team

Beat the Raiders by one

Knocked off the rams

The combined record of those teams at seasons end: Seattle 4-12

Jags 5-11

Raiders 5-11

Rams 2-14

Thats right folks 16-48

Getting hit did nothing to him. He just wasn't very good

It was a green light. Targeting the knee and celebrating over him after the hit. The guy didn't even make a stop. He just pulled off a dirty play. Plain and simple

EJ was running down the sidelines. He's 6'5" 240, going low is sometimes the best way to tackle a big guy. I see the Bills do it all the time to opposing tight ends.

And celebrating after hitting a QB is also not a unique occurrence.

EJ was running down the sidelines. He's 6'5" 240, going low is sometimes the best way to tackle a big guy. I see the Bills do it all the time to opposing tight ends.

And celebrating after hitting a QB is also not a unique occurrence.

Celebrating after said QB avoided a sack and gained 20+ yards for a critical 1st down on a 3rd and long play is, quite simply, stupid. I think it's commonly accepted that Gipson was celebrating the injury.

Man you forgot to throw in the obvious hold/no call on robert woods to end the game

Free ej !

To be specific it was illegal contact and probably PI...There was technically no hold...But there was three chucks to Woods shoulder then the defender put both hands on him while cutting off his progress to the ball...And with all that Woods still comes within a few inches of touching the ball...Considering all the contact that is actually a bit impressive...

I still have the vine of that play...It amazes me every time I watch it...It was just so blatant...It almost looks like the DB was coached to take the penalty in order to assure Woods could not get passed him in the seam...Still pisses me off... B-)