Vikings Season 3

LB3

I usually watch next day too. I can't remember last time I watched a show with commercials live. Tonight I will do what I used to do with Lost...start it about 30 minutes in so I can still skip.

for me, a 15 minute delay usually works out fine. at worst you have to suffer through 1 commercial break.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the killed Ragnar, he was the star of the show, I guess they didn't want us to read the history and know what was coming , still pissed :angry: :angry: :angry:

EDIT: those sneaky ba!@#$%s they only wanted us to think he died :worthy: :worthy:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I don't get it; Ragnar fakes his death then kills the priest who baptized him, then kidnaps the princess only to let her go. Bjorn said they got more spoils but I don't see how that took place when there was only a little skirmish and they left again? :unsure:

So is Rollo saying"so your saying there's a chance?"

I swear that's all I could think of there.

Now, I was surprised as chit at cathedral scene. Ragnar is one bad dude.

****SPOILERS*****

I had a feeling Ragnar faked his death so he could breech the French walls. He dies in real life by being thrown into a pit of poisonous snakes so I said to my wife either they are straying from the true history of this or he is faking it.

Interesting to see what happens next season with Ragnar and Floki

CBF

My dvr didnt record Vikings last night, cant find it on demand or future showings. I need my fix! What happened!?

Again, major spoilers

Franks deliver the treasure and ask that Vikings keep up their end of the bargain.

A clearly very ill Ragnar asks Bjorn for a favor, as he is the only one Ragnar can trust

One month later, Vikings have still not left. Oto comes to camp to ask why, Bjorn says Ragnar not well enough to travel. Oto asks to see Ragnar, and in tent Bjorn says Ragnar request is he gets a proper Christian Buriel. Oto agrees he can have Buriel mass in cathedral in Paris.

Ragnar tells Floki he is okay with dying as he will be reunited with Altheson.

Ragnar dies, they put him in a coffin made by Floki

Floki, Rollo, and Lagertha all visit the coffin, spilling out their true feelings.

Vikings bring the.coffin to the cathedral, during ceremony Ragnar pops out and takes princess hostage. He gets guards to open gates to city, Vikings flood in and get more treasure. Ragna let princess go.

Vikings agree they wil come back next year, and leave Rollo and some warriors behind. King wants princess to marry Rollo as way to make peace and keep Vikings from attacking in spring

As Rollo enters grand hall, Princess , in native tongue, calls Rollo a beast and would rather do a dog than lose her virginity to Rollo. Rollo understands none of it, smiles, and says Hello in her native tongue. End of scene.

Last scene is one of the boats the Vikings are taking home. Ragnar calls Floki over, says " you killed Altheson"

The end.

Edited by plenzmd1

People, people, there IS no real life with Ragnar Lothbrok. Most historians consider him an amalgamation of various kings. HOWEVER, Rollo is known to have existed, as was Bjorn Ironsides.

He's on TV , he's real God Damnit! Just like the dude in Grays Anatomy that died last night and had my daughter in real tears.

I can't believe the killed Ragnar, he was the star of the show, I guess they didn't want us to read the history and know what was coming , still pissed :angry: :angry: :angry:

EDIT: those sneaky ba!@#$%s they only wanted us to think he died :worthy: :worthy:

HA HA you fell for it!!!

Floki is dead meat

TRUTH!!

People, people, there IS no real life with Ragnar Lothbrok. Most historians consider him an amalgamation of various kings. HOWEVER, Rollo is known to have existed, as was Bjorn Ironsides.

so he's King Aurthur?

so sayeth the seer

His sons bloodily avenged him by invading England with the Great Heathen Army

From the very first paragraph:

Ragnar Lodbrok or Lothbrok (Old Norse: Ragnarr Loðbrók, "Ragnar Hairy Breeches") was a legendary Norse ruler, king, and hero from the Viking Age described in Old Norse poetry and several sagas. In this tradition, Ragnar was the scourge of France and England and the father of many renowned sons, including Ivar the Boneless, Björn Ironside, Halfdan Ragnarsson, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye, and Ubba. While these men are historical figures, it is uncertain whether Ragnar himself existed or really fathered them. Many of the tales about him appear to originate with the deeds of several historical Viking heroes and rulers

My dvr didnt record Vikings last night, cant find it on demand or future showings. I need my fix! What happened!?

Episodes are available on the AMC website for free. You have to suffer the commercial breaks, but it will do in a pinch.

Floki is dead meat

Can't happen soon enough. The character, as portrayed by that actor, is ridiculous. Everything from his stupid, high-pitched accent to his maniacal gesticulations and KISS make-up, is too over the top for my tastes.

Episodes are available on the AMC website for free. You have to suffer the commercial breaks, but it will do in a pinch.

Can't happen soon enough. The character, as portrayed by that actor, is ridiculous. Everything from his stupid, high-pitched accent to his maniacal gesticulations and KISS make-up, is too over the top for my tastes.

I dont recall what he said. But he sounded like a gay cat when he entered the room and had his chat with the "dead" coffin box.

Im glad I didnt have coffe in my mouth or else my whole living room would have coffe stains.

It was stupid and hilarious at the same time.

I don't get it; Ragnar fakes his death then kills the priest who baptized him, then kidnaps the princess only to let her go. Bjorn said they got more spoils but I don't see how that took place when there was only a little skirmish and they left again? :unsure:

Why kill the priest? It's like the network thought, "he has to kill somebody!!!!!" king? no. princess? no. handicap virgin? no. priest that's not doing a damn thing? yes!

I would have went with a quick non-lethal stab to the dork king.

Floki is dead meat

Another season with his stupidity. I would have preferred Ragnar kills Floki during the tent talk. He blasts out of the cabin and wipes out Floki.

Then at the church when they open the coffin and see that it's Floki, not Ragnar, that's when Rag comes in and kicks ass. Storyline continues.

What do I know, Im not a good writer.

I think he killed the priest to show that he is still a Pegan and not a Christian like they all thought

CBF

Okay so what about the whole addiction with Athelstan. That's part of the con too?

I dont think so.

Im telling you a non lethal stab to the dork king would have made more sense.

Okay so what about the whole addiction with Athelstan. That's part of the con too?

I dont think so.

Im telling you a non lethal stab to the dork king would have made more sense.

I think he misses Athleson, but the whole baptism etc was just a con.

Ragnar and the vikings attack on Paris was divided into 3 attacks. The 1st lead bynfloki that allowed ragnar to put him in his place, the second attack that I am not sure who devised, but also unsuccessful....but lead to the big payday. The big payday was what the vikings were all about. They still dig up caches of silver and gold all other northern Europe.

Ragnar played his cards perfectly to set up this last episode. He dies and gets carried into the middle of paris kills the bishop who baptized him and also said he was going to hell and lets his warriors loose in the city to get some payback and more booty. He makes the point that he is still a pagan, godless viking.

Rollo is going to end with the princess and a piece of Normandy. Her speach at the end was a good one, I told my wife, she had him at vomit and animal.