Eli Manning

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin

Sam Bradford

Russ Wilson

Nick Foles

Ryan Tannehill

Cam Newton

Now this is an impressive list. Which leads me to my question of possible plans at One Bills Dr moving forward. I think the Bills brass have there sights on 2016 to finally fill the need for franchise QB. I know more then half these guys will never become available but that doesn't mean that those QBS that get signed can't help us. By the time some of these guys get signed like Wilson, Luck and possibly Phillip the pay raises these players are about to get are gonna put some teams in a bind with there perspective free agent QBs. After Luck & Wilson sign which Btw has been reported very soon to upwards of over 25 mil per season. These deals are going to raise the threshold for franchise tags for QBS to over 20 mil per season which will force some teams to let there franchise QB to test free agency if they can't get deals done before the free agent period begins for 2016.

With the franchise tag for QBS going over 20 mil QBs like Tannehill, Foles , Cam, RG3, Eli, Bradford & possibly Big Ben might be available. Now all these QB are good to great players depending on some teams opinions and u would have to think that some of these guys can solidify themselves as top tier guys depending on there play in 2015. Even with some of these QBs playing very well its gonna be tough for teams to keep these guys especially under the franchise tag. There's plenty of factors at play here including health, Age, & the salary cap situations and Outlook of these teams moving forward.

So going into 2015 season the Bills are probably looking at this season as a flex yr when it comes to there QB spot. I think there gonna give Ej his opportunity while possibly signing a free agent like Locker or Matt Moore to compete. I don't expect the QB they sign to sign for more then 2 yrs for bout 10mil with 2016 season not guaranteed so that we can have flexibility to sign one of these possible free agent QBs in 2016. If the Bills play with this strategy and solidify there team in other areas like Oline, RB and TE this team will be a prime destination for QBs to sign with knowing that they can be that final piece of the puzzle.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Bradford, Foles and rg3 are the only ones I think could become FA. If any prove they are worth the contract this year, I doubt their teams will let them get there. If they aren't worth signing, do we want them... Around and around we go. It sucks.

Eli, Phillip & Big Ben are possible due to the age and wear and tear in there careers. Eli will be close to 36 Philip also 36 and Ben 35. I also think the Panthers might have to make a decision on Cam.

Some of these players might fall in the no man's land category. Players and agents know this so let's say the Panthers feel that Cam might be worth 15 mil per and they make him an offer. Cam and his agent know that there team won't franchise tag him for over 20 mil. Cam says to his agent why play here for 15 mil stuck on this bad team when I can go somewhere else where I can win and be that difference maker.A place like Buffalo can possibly be a place that these types of QBs can make that difference.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

This is why you trade for Foles or RG3 now.

I think things are changing in the NFL due to financial reasons teams will be more careful giving up big money to QBs. Thanks to Cutler, Kaep & Dalton things might start to change

Just let them play out their contact. I don't understand why teams feel they must pay a QB that isn't considered one of the best before their deal is up.

I think Flacco is actually the problem. Ravens lost a lot of money waiting on Flacco instead of locking him up. I would just wait and if needed use the franchise tag.

Steelers already said they will make sure Ben retires a Steeler.

This is why you trade for Foles or RG3 now. Just let them play out their contact. I don't understand why teams feel they must pay a QB that isn't considered one of the best before their deal is up.

I think Flacco is actually the problem. Ravens lost a lot of money waiting on Flacco instead of locking him up. I would just wait and if needed use the franchise tag.

They didn't wait Flacco wanted to play that year before they offered a new contract.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Steelers already said they will make sure Ben retires a Steeler.

They didn't wait Flacco wanted to play that year before they offered a new contract.

The agent for Joe Flacco chided the Baltimore Ravens for not signing the quarterback to a new contract before the 2012 season. Joe Linta called the Ravens dumb for their handling of the situation, saying the team's reluctance to reach a new deal with Flacco hinged on $1 million in the final year of the contract. "One million dollars six years from now, in the base salary non-guaranteed money, and they walked away," Linta told USA Today. "It cost them $35 million. So I have no sympathy. None." The Ravens waited until after the season to work out a deal with Flacco, who signed a six-year, $120.6 million contract instead of a five-year extension with an average of $16 million per season that was proposed before last season. "I've never in my life seen a dumber move," Linta said. "I guess people can say, 'Well, Joe was dumb, too.' It could have been, God forbid, if he got hurt. But $1 million to (Ravens owner) Steve Bisciotti six years from now? That's like 100 bucks for you or me today."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/agent-ravens-dumb-waiting-sign-181031564--nfl.html

Basically what the Dalton's of the world are signing now is that $16 mllion per year deal the Ravens balked at.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I think there is a chance SD decides they've gone as far as they can with Rivers and decides to trade him instead of giving him an extension or losing him for nothing next offseason.

This is just pure speculation on my part but would they really sink big money on an extension for Rivers when the team surrounding him isn't very good? Gates is almost done, they have no real wide receivers, no running game, bad o-line and an ok at best defense.

Edited by Max997

Philip Rivers

Big Ben

Eli Manning

Andrew Luck

Robert Griffin

Sam Bradford

Russ Wilson

Nick Foles

Ryan Tannehill

Cam Newton

Now this is an impressive list. Which leads me to my question of possible plans at One Bills Dr moving forward. I think the Bills brass have there sights on 2016 to finally fill the need for franchise QB. I know more then half these guys will never become available but that doesn't mean that those QBS that get signed can't help us. By the time some of these guys get signed like Wilson, Luck and possibly Phillip the pay raises these players are about to get are gonna put some teams in a bind with there perspective free agent QBs. After Luck & Wilson sign which Btw has been reported very soon to upwards of over 25 mil per season. These deals are going to raise the threshold for franchise tags for QBS to over 20 mil per season which will force some teams to let there franchise QB to test free agency if they can't get deals done before the free agent period begins for 2016.

With the franchise tag for QBS going over 20 mil QBs like Tannehill, Foles , Cam, RG3, Eli, Bradford & possibly Big Ben might be available. Now all these QB are good to great players depending on some teams opinions and u would have to think that some of these guys can solidify themselves as top tier guys depending on there play in 2015. Even with some of these QBs playing very well its gonna be tough for teams to keep these guys especially under the franchise tag. There's plenty of factors at play here including health, Age, & the salary cap situations and Outlook of these teams moving forward.

So going into 2015 season the Bills are probably looking at this season as a flex yr when it comes to there QB spot. I think there gonna give Ej his opportunity while possibly signing a free agent like Locker or Matt Moore to compete. I don't expect the QB they sign to sign for more then 2 yrs for bout 10mil with 2016 season not guaranteed so that we can have flexibility to sign one of these possible free agent QBs in 2016. If the Bills play with this strategy and solidify there team in other areas like Oline, RB and TE this team will be a prime destination for QBs to sign with knowing that they can be that final piece of the puzzle.

none of them but Foles will hit the market but it would be nice for Big Ben to come here.

I think there is a chance SD decides they've gone as far as they can with Rivers and decides to trade him instead of giving him an extension or losing him for nothing next offseason.

This is just pure speculation on my part but would they really sink big money on an extension for Rivers when the team surrounding him isn't very good? Gates is almost done, they have no real wide receivers, no running game, bad o-line and an ok at best defense.

zero chance any of those top QBs leave. Well maybe if an injury happens and some other QB plays just as well.

So we get a near dead guy. we make a run.

maybe.

Then what?

Sarcasm or not, we could go on a run and actually make the playoffs with alot of the guys above. Our defense is and will be that good for awhile.

If we do make a run, our priority in the draft would still be to identify and select a QB, then have him sit until he's needed.

Sarcasm or not, we could go on a run and actually make the playoffs with alot of the guys above. Our defense is and will be that good for awhile.

If we do make a run, our priority in the draft would still be to identify and select a QB, then have him sit until he's needed.

Well i agree Bills need to make the best FA move possible in regard to QB.

I cant believe how much of the future depends on EJ. tough spot to be in.

may the gods give us a running game !!

None of those team except maybe Washington has someone to unseat the Starter and to take over the reigns, the only one possibly is Denver if the view their back up ready to take over in the new era, Making Manning (if he would even want to play another season) an option for this year and actually develop EJ as I think previous admin. only hobbled his development by forcing him to play scared.