Orton retirement

Jobu

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the Bills can treat Kyle Orton like he is Brett Farve. Least favorite Bills QB ever.

I could do worse than the fat chick I took home at bar closing. Still is very bad.

But at least Orton was a tough guy who gave it his all.

As stated....he's not my 'favorite' either but he certainly wasn't the worst. Not sure about 'giving it all' though. That whole 3rd down slide thingy....

As stated....he's not my 'favorite' either but he certainly wasn't the worst. Not sure about 'giving it all' though. That whole 3rd down slide thingy....

Him and Billy Joe Hobert might be tied. Orton was gutless and went for a money grab. good for him but we wasted a year on him.

Name some available QB's better than Orton.

Any QB who has testicles.

Tom Brady has done the same thing many times. He just won his fourth Super Bowl.

on key conversions in a playoff hunt brady often slides a yard short on 3rd down?

maybe on 2nd and 10 against us in the 1st quarter of a september game -- but i cant argue hes made the same choice at the BIGGEST moments

on key conversions in a playoff hunt brady often slides a yard short on 3rd down?

maybe on 2nd and 10 against us in the 1st quarter of a september game -- but i cant argue hes made the same choice at the BIGGEST moments

On key conversions? It wasn't during the final two minutes.

And yes, he has. In fact, sometimes, other than even bothering to try to run for it, he just chucks it into the dirt or out of bounds. Is that preferable?

Edited by FireChan

I thought it was interesting when Eric Wood was interviewed about RI on the JMS this week and JM asked him what he had been up to in the offseason. He said he just got back from a trip to Mexico with the Ortons and Urbiks.

Thanks for posting that. Listened to the audio this AM and I heard him say he was with the Urbiks but couldn't make out who the first couple was.

Interesting. It shows if nothing else that Kyle made some attachments to Bills players.

And yes, he has. In fact, sometimes, other than even bothering to try to run for it, he just chucks it into the dirt or out of bounds. Is that preferable?

ill admit, in memory i thought it was in the second half. but yea, in december in the wildcard hunt with about 9 teams and playing in the conference sliding a yard early in the red zone is painful still.

ill admit, in memory i thought it was in the second half. but yea, in december in the wildcard hunt with about 9 teams and playing in the conference sliding a yard early in the red zone is painful still.

I didn't like it either. But Brady does the same thing because he knows that extra first down is not worth him getting hurt, which is a much bigger blow to the team. KO tries to get it and gets hurt, we're done in the playoff hunt anyway.

I could do worse than the fat chick I took home at bar closing. Still is very bad.

But at least Orton was a tough guy who gave it his all.

And his ALL was not good enough.

what's that saying they use?

When you think of retirement you are for all intense and purposes Retired!

I see Orton being back with the Bills. That actually would be a "little discussed option" at QB, since he is "retired" and everyone is discussing every other QB in the NFL. Really, we need someone better than Tuel at the very least. If we roll with EJ and he gets hurt, we need a backup. I'd take Orton, McKnown, Bradford, really any FA QB.

The day Orton can do the other things Brady does is the day I'll excuse his crap plays. It's easy to isolate a single moment and say, "other QBs do the same thing" but you take the bad with the good. The "good" with Orton was minimal and didn't make up for all the bad. That play was just a single play but it was a play that illustrated the type of QB Orton was last year. When Brady does it it doesn't define anything because you have no doubt next drive he's taking his team in for a TD.

And one could argue that their reasons for dumping the ball off or sliding are different too. Do I think Brady knows his importance to the team and knows it's not worth the risk so he gives up on a play? Yep. Do I think that's why Orton did it? Nope. I would say he did it because his heart was never in the game last year, he already knew this was the end and he was collecting paychecks. Of course that's conjecture but I don't think it's too far off.

I see Orton being back with the Bills. That actually would be a "little discussed option" at QB, since he is "retired" and everyone is discussing every other QB in the NFL. Really, we need someone better than Tuel at the very least. If we roll with EJ and he gets hurt, we need a backup. I'd take Orton, McKnown, Bradford, really any FA QB.

I am starting to swing that way too.