2015 Franchise Tag preview

YoloinOhio

I truly believe one of the players the Bills really need to target is Julius Thomas. He's unlikely to be tagged and the Bills have both an urgent need and the cap space.

I agree 100% and if not him then Cameron

One thing is for sure, we finally need to address the glaring need at TE

CBF

I have concerns with Julius Thomas. Peyton can make just about any TE look good especially in that offense with those receivers.

I dont see JT having anywhere near the same success with another team.

Edited by Max997

so Hughes would be super expensive if we were going to tag him for a year. probably wouldn't be worth it then

the prevailing thought seems to be it would only make sense if they are trying to extend him and think they can get it done, but need more time (the intention of the tag to begin with). If they don't think he is going to sign here long term for the value the team has on him, not worth it to tag him unless you are all in for a SB that year. Edited by YoloinOhio

We don't need a TE, period! We have a young Davis in Gray, IMO, Smith for blocking and Chandler as a mix. Draft one sure, but money is NOT best spent on acquiring a FA TE.. Just dumb!

Tim-

why do you think Gray is a young Davis? I like him, but don't see that comparison.

I'd rather go after a Clay or Gresham than Thomas or Cameron at TE. Both are better blockers, and will very likely come much cheaper.

We don't need a TE, period! We have a young Davis in Gray, IMO, Smith for blocking and Chandler as a mix. Draft one sure, but money is NOT best spent on acquiring a FA TE.. Just dumb!

Tim-

IMO, there is zero to suggest that Gray is a "young Davis", Lee Smith is a liability in ever phase of the game, and Chandler excels in zero phases of the game. This team needs a threat at TE, and they don't have anything resembling one.

I'm fine if they keep Gray as a 3rd TE because he's young, athletic, and can play ST. I'd be much happier if they signed a guy like Gresham and drafted a guy to be the TE2.

Spend the money elsewhere. Spending big in a TE is like buying solid gold bathroom fixtures. They may look nice, but, you're never going to get your money's worth out of them.

Y'all do this to yourselves every offseason, it's time to move on from we must upgrade TE. Needs in order are:

QB

OG

RB

DB

TE