Aaron Murray

13player

I haven't heard anyone talk about a possible trade with KC for Aaron Murray, his name has not been thrown out there at all, the guy played in the SEC, 3 year starter, has a big arm. I know he had the knee issues and showed up to his pro day with a knee brace but looked good. I was kind off surprised he slipped to the 5th but I think he is just as good a gamble as anyone in the draft other than the first two QBs. His scouting report looked pretty good if I remember correctly.

With the exception of Eli, Cutler and Bradford the rest of the guys in the mix offer very little. I think Murray has a better upside than Sanchez, Moore or Gabbert and he could be had with one of Buffalos two - fifth round picks.

One last thing, Rumors had it that Rex was pretty high on Aaron Murray and had discussions about drafting him last year when he was with the jets. There's more than one story about the Rex and Murray draft rumors but I will post the link if anyone wants.

And finally - its some thing no one has been talking about.

If he's so good why would KC trade him and for only a 5th round pick?

I haven't heard anyone talk about a possible trade with KC for Aaron Murray, his name has not been thrown out there at all, the guy played in the SEC, 3 year starter, has a big arm. I know he had the knee issues and showed up to his pro day with a knee brace but looked good. I was kind off surprised he slipped to the 5th but I think he is just as good a gamble as anyone in the draft other than the first two QBs. His scouting report looked pretty good if I remember correctly.

With the exception of Eli, Cutler and Bradford the rest of the guys in the mix offer very little. I think Murray has a better upside than Sanchez, Moore or Gabbert and he could be had with one of Buffalos two - fifth round picks.

One last thing, Rumors had it that Rex was pretty high on Aaron Murray and had discussions about drafting him last year when he was with the jets. There's more than one story about the Rex and Murray draft rumors but I will post the link if anyone wants.

And finally - its some thing no one has been talking about.

He was a 4 year starter and he has never been considered a "big arm guy" but an average NFL arm guy. Glennon is a "big arm guy" for example.

I agree that Murray is more worht a 5th rounder than any of the guys likely to be available at that point this year. Ditto AJ McCarron. I'd have liked to see us take a flier on one of those guys in the 5th round last year to tell the truth. I don't think either is a sure thing... but if you are looking for a young potential development type then I think they merit consideration.

Having said all that.... if either the Chiefs or the Bengals are willing to take a 5th for a guy they drafted in the 5th and had a year to evaluate what does that tell you about the way those 2 teams think about their chances of making it as professionals?

I agree that Murray is more worht a 5th rounder than any of the guys likely to be available at that point this year. Ditto AJ McCarron. I'd have liked to see us take a flier on one of those guys in the 5th round last year to tell the truth. I don't think either is a sure thing... but if you are looking for a young potential development type then I think they merit consideration.

Having said all that.... if either the Chiefs or the Bengals are willing to take a 5th for a guy they drafted in the 5th and had a year to evaluate what does that tell you about the way those 2 teams think about their chances of making it as professionals?

in the case of McCarron they haven't evaluated him at all. Rehabbed his shoulder most of the year. Hurt it at the beginning of TC and didn't throw a pass in practice until there was a month to go in the season.

in the case of McCarron they haven't evaluated him at all. Rehabbed his shoulder most of the year. Hurt it at the beginning of TC and didn't throw a pass in practice until there was a month to go in the season.

Ah. Didn't pick that up. Still my underlying point stands although maybe doesn't apply to McCarron.

Ah. Didn't pick that up. Still my underlying point stands although maybe doesn't apply to McCarron.

its a bit shaky on murray too, as i think they only got him as a value pick there, not a major need.

they have 2 vet qbs above him, and another young prospect.

this wouldnt be us being willing to shop tuel with no other options and that speaking to us hating tuel (just as a random example)

Yeah, but if they had any feeling a year in about him having the genuine potential to be an NFL starter they'd want more than their 5th rounder back for him.

well, if they like all 4, 1 of them is still not making the team.... and its about what other teams would be willing to offer for the 1-2 that they are most comfortable moving.

Has a strong arm and seems to be able to place the ball where only the receiver can grab it. He makes quick decisions and seems to be able to go through his progressions well enough. I've watched a few games of his and from what I can tell he's a tough kid and can take hits. But my favorite thing is that he seems willing to take chances, not scared to trust his receivers. He also started 3 years at Georga and has experience as a winner playing against tough competion.

The biggest downside I could tell was that he tends to get happy feet and he pats the ball sometimes.

Now that I think about it I'd give up a 5th or a 6th for the kid. And for the "he's a 3rd or 4th stringer" crowd. So what? KC went into the season as a SB contender, why would the Chiefs have a rookie who just came off of an ACL injury ahead of a vet in case Smith went down? Even if he was phenomenal in TC, it'd have been a huge risk.

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed