[closed]Incognito - Martin full text message archive

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/ritojm2.pdf

This is the whole shebang. I read these when the story was unfolding a few years ago. My opinion before reading - Incognito is scum. My opinion after reading - wow, the guy is getting crucified for literally no reason. Are the texts vulgar? Of course, but I would hardly call them bullying, it goes back and forth and seems mostly to be in good fun. You can see at the very end Incognito's texts after the story broke.

"I need you buddy I'm getting killed in the media."

I love the signing. Please read the texts before passing judgement.

Never read those before. None of it seems that bad at all, just two guys screwin' around.

Alot of d*ck jokes, talk of hookers/strippers, but I didn't really see any hazing or bullying. Some may have been over the line if taken out of context, but when you read the whole conversation, I just don't see it.

You mean this is how football players have been talking in the locker room for a hundred years ? Say it ain't so !

That whole thing was nothing more than a PC whine fest. Incognito is a weapon, put him on the field in a Bills uni.

I hope not. This needs more attention than it would get buried in the big thread. Keep this open mods.

You're absolutely right….WTF??

Where was the harassment? Couple of bros being bros/teammates. Incog a meathead/ball buster but a good friend underneath is what I get from reading those txts.

WOW. Here's to Incog coming back with a vengeance!

Now ask yourself, why did people assume the worst of RI.... Did he have a long history prior?

This is why the courts don't let you introduce evidence of a defendant's prior bad acts as evidence of guilt.

But to answer your question, I would say no. Yes, he has a prior history of being a dick, but no, that's not the main reason this picked up traction with the masses. Two buzzwords did that: "bully" and "negger".

Once it was called "bullying" millions of kitty boys and den mothers went nuts over it, and once there was audio of him dropping an N-bomb on Martin the racially sensitive crowd jumped in.

In short, this has more to do with the average American man trading his testes for a set of ovaries than it does with any logical deductions based on RI's behavior.

He wasn't released by the fins and suspended by the league for his texts. Other conduct, such as pressing Martin to pay $15,000 towards a junket for the vets on the line and especially a voice mail left for Martin two days after Martin had left the team is was did it. These texts are believed to have been leaked by Incognito himself because they don't show any harassment or bullying. The league eventually found that Incognito harassed not just Martin but three other members of the Dolphin organization. Of course, the fins and the league looked the other way when he sexually assaulted a female volunteer at a celebrity golf tournament in 2012.

Signing him says all you need to know about just how desperate our situation is at guard. Cognito has a very long history of one problem after another both on and off the field. I wish him the best and hope he is finally ready to be a professional but given his history, that's not likely to happen. It is far more likely that he will slowly wear out his welcome with penalties, locker room fights and a plague of off the field drunken escapades.

This is why the courts don't let you introduce evidence of a defendant's prior bad acts as evidence of guilt.

But to answer your question, I would say no. Yes, he has a prior history of being a dick, but no, that's not the main reason this picked up traction with the masses. Two buzzwords did that: "bully" and "negger".

Once it was called "bullying" millions of kitty boys and den mothers went nuts over it, and once there was audio of him dropping an N-bomb on Martin the racially sensitive crowd jumped in.

In short, this has more to do with the average American man trading his testes for a set of ovaries than it does with any logical deductions based on RI's behavior.

True. But even before details broke it was "oh that crazed lunatic is still acting like a nutjob." Without those words it wouldn't have blown up into the national story it was, but my point I was getting at is related to what I posted in the main thread- to a degree the martin incident is shielding him from the previous decade of being a terrible human as people unfamiliar are now saying "oh that is all that happened- seems like an ok dude"