What do you think will happen with Jerry Hughes?

YoloinOhio

Jerry Hughes  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the outcome of Jerry Hughes's pending FA?

• Bills will sign Jerry Hughes during FA
    • Hughes will sign with another team in FA
  2. 2. If Hughes is not signed by the Bills, how should he be replaced?

• Signing another FA pass rusher (i.e. JPP, Pernell McPhee, etc)
    • Drafting a pass rusher in 2015
    • With a player currently on the roster (Jarius Wynn, Randell Johnson, etc)

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was relevant on the upper end of deals is no longer relevant really. As the pot of money becomes larger to spend, more gets spent on upper end players. People moaning about Hughes getting perhaps upwards of $12M I think are missing this point. If the Bills liked him, they could have tagged him or paid him. They didn't. Now they will need to fill another hole (presumably).

I think you're mistaking me for someone upset at his demands. I'm merely gauging the market.

Who cares about that... He would be an upgrade.

Season ticket holders like me who are growing sick of the NFL and its idiot players. Win with dignity and character or otherwise let's just watch the guys play in the yard at San Quentin and root for them.

Edited by zonabb

I think this was a bad move. Franchise him or at least transition tag him. Why not? They aren't using it on anyone else. He's going to get a big offer from a desperate team and he will be gone

I agree with you...

But I am guessing the reason they didn't tag was that it would screw up what they are planning in free agency. For example, could they tag Hughes, risk that Hughes would live under the tag, and still sign Revis?

Season ticket holders like me who are growing sick of the NFL and its idiot players. Win with dignity and character or otherwise let's just watch the guys play in the yard at San Quentin and root for them.

That is OK plenty of people to take your spot.

I'm going to let the off-season play out before I talk trash about the pegulas or DW. If we let Hughes walk and get Greg Hardy instead , I'm fine with that. If the cut Fredy and get AP, I'd be ok with that. I think this team has a plan, that's really all I care about. If the first game is about to start and they don't do #$!@, Then I'll ? This regime going forward. But iv like everything iv seen from the new owner and DW.

I agree with you...

But I am guessing the reason they didn't tag was that it would screw up what they are planning in free agency. For example, could they tag Hughes, risk that Hughes would live under the tag, and still sign Revis?

I think we'll find this to be true. That $14m dollar tag amount immediately comes off the available cap space heading into free agency. There's a method to the madness and I'll worry about losing Hughes when we've actually lost him.

GO BILLS!!!

I think this was a bad move. Franchise him or at least transition tag him. Why not? They aren't using it on anyone else. He's going to get a big offer from a desperate team and he will be gone

Well say you transition tag him and he ends up getting a huge contract that you don't want to match... Well them you just lost your chance at regaining a good compensatory pick next year by tagging him.

Franchise tag is way too much money.

Hardy is a POS, I would rather have Hughes who seems like a pretty decent man.

Hardy may or may not be that. and i too would prefer Hughes.

But Hardy is no slouch on the field and may be a better fit under Rex. Plus he might qualify for the "Richie Building a bully 1 " discount.

also I too think Whaley and Co. have some scheme running and will with hold judgement for now.

as to Zonabb's point? I wish they could all be like Fred Jackson too.

Hardy may or may not be that. and i too would prefer Hughes.

But Hardy is no slouch on the field and may be a better fit under Rex. Plus he might qualify for the "Richie Building a bully 1 " discount.

also I too think Whaley and Co. have some scheme running and will with hold judgement for now.

as to Zonabb's point? I wish they could all be like Fred Jackson too.

Im not sure why people think Hughes is the better fit. Just because he's smaller doesn't mean he can drop back in coverage. Has anyone seen him effective in covering TEs or slot WRs? Maybe he is and I just havent seen it. For the money Id rather have Orakpa who can consistently outmuscle tackles. Something Hughes doesnt do consistently do. That right there gives you more versatility

http://youtu.be/CcCs1t0RRzQ

Edited by JTSP

They do not think enough of Jerry to pay him the high dollar he is probably seeking, he is not a "we cannot lose him player" I did enjoy that he was not afraid to speak his mind around Doug Marrone last summer.

On another note, it appears that the Patriots will be in the hunt for Revis.

Orakpo played 7 games last season and just 2 three season ago and turns 29 in July. Hughes has played in all 16 games the last three seasons and will be 27 in August. Signing Orakpo and letting Hughes walk would be terrible asset management.

Edited by Proteus

Orakpo has 7 games last season and just 2 three season ago and turns 29 in July. Hughes has played in all 16 games the last three seasons and will be 27 in August. Signing Orakpo and letting Hughes walk would be terrible asset management.

hey guys get injured, it's the nfl. on an any given play any player is just as likely to go down. We signed Mario the season after he was came off IR for the exact same injury Orakpo had

Edited by JTSP