A little love for Marshawn

rfk

severe social anxiety disorder ????

also known as avoiding answering why you are a piece of chit for a human being.

i find it hard to believe those who admire his antics would want their children to behave the same.

dude ran over a lady and left her for dead.

drives around drunk putting the public at risk.

gets off stealing twenty dollars from star struck fans.

illegal gun possession.

he is a disgrace.

but because he can run with a football, it's all good.

i wanna puke.

Edited by papazoid

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

severe social anxiety disorder ????

also known as avoiding answering why you are a piece of chit for a human being.

i find it hard to believe those who admire his antics would want their children to behave the same.

dude ran over a lady and left her for dead.

drives around drunk putting the public at risk.

gets off stealing twenty dollars from star struck fans.

illegal gun possession.

he is a disgrace.

but because he can run with a football, it's all good.

i wanna puke.

There are totally separate issues in play here. Should an athlete with a social anxiety disorder be forced to speak in front of the media? That has nothing to do with WHO the athelte is. If he was the nicest guy in the world or Aaron Hernandez that shouldn't be a factor if the guy wants to talk.

If you hate Marshawn because of his past transgressions go for it. That is totally different and independent of his unwillingness to speak to the media. Those two things need to be separated.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I like what Marshawn is doing, both on and off the field (er at least as far as the press, I know nothing outside of that). The NFL's stupid media rules are stupid, and the media is always looking to cause drama. Keep flipping them the bird, Marshawn.

Wait do people really believe he has clinical social anxiety? lol. Not liking being asked questions on national television is NOT social anxiety. It's almost an insult to people with that disorder to say Lynch has it. Someone with severe social anxiety can barely stand in line at the supermarket. Does Lynch strike you as that kind of person?

Wait do people really believe he has clinical social anxiety? lol. Not liking being asked questions on national television is NOT social anxiety. It's almost an insult to people with that disorder to say Lynch has it. Someone with severe social anxiety can barely stand in line at the supermarket. Does Lynch strike you as that kind of person?

He has social anxiety

I don't buy it. 90% of the people in the world would feel anxiety with a camera on them broadcasting to the world.

But legit social anxiety? Doubt it. He wouldn't be where he is today if he had real social anxiety.

He doesn't like to be on camera, which I'm sure plenty of athletes can relate to. He's just throwing a fit and taking it to the extreme, refusing to do it.

I don't buy it. 90% of the people in the world would feel anxiety with a camera on them broadcasting to the world.

But legit social anxiety? Doubt it. He wouldn't be where he is today if he had real social anxiety.

He doesn't like to be on camera, which I'm sure plenty of athletes can relate to. He's just throwing a fit and taking it to the extreme, refusing to do it.

How did Ricky Williams do it?

Serious question: Social Anxiety is an officially recognized psychological disorder. If he had a doctor diagnose him with it and state that being forced in the spotlight can cause him real psychological trauma, wouldn't the NFL be forced to give him an exemption or risk a lawsuit? Why doesn't he just do that?

How did Ricky Williams do it?

Some people with anxiety disorders smoke weed to alleviate the symptoms.

Serious question: Social Anxiety is an officially recognized psychological disorder. If he had a doctor diagnose him with it and state that being forced in the spotlight can cause him real psychological trauma, wouldn't the NFL be forced to give him an exemption or risk a lawsuit? Why doesn't he just do that?

Yes, but it may be a condition that he chooses to keep private. By having a waiver he basically isn't allowed to keep it private. He just shows up, says nothing and moves on. I'm sure that the NFL loves it but it is dumb antiquated rule anyways. It was designed for beat reporters to be able to give fans "an inside look." There are so many mediums now that take us much closer to the game that it is no longer a necessity. Not to mention the hypocrisy of it, why doesn't the commissioner have to address the media weekly? I'd love to hear him answer questions about officiating, deflategate, the Hernandez trial starting, etc... That would be much more interesting than listening to Danny Amendola talk about how tough the Seattle secondary is.

Ricky Williams made it to that same level with social anxiety: http://www.adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/personal-stories/ricky-williams-story-social-anxiety-disorder

Marshawn's in a similar situation to Ricky (probably not as bad).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

If he wins this weekend, he'll probably be a HOFer if he strings together another 2-3 good seasons. Not out of the question at all.

they would NEVER let him in. out of the question? hell yes. he is not " on Board"

He has social anxiety

Neither of you tards can speak to this. and i respect both of you idiots.

@ByTimGraham: Marshawn Lynch's act makes pal Fred Jackson 'laugh every time' http://t.co/jDpxmA8i0W

I think he's hysterical... I've been laughing about his antics at yesterday's presser for a full day now. Its always more exciting when there's drama and controversy. He's like a throw-back pro wrestling bad guy irritating the audience by design.

I like what Marshawn is doing, both on and off the field (er at least as far as the press, I know nothing outside of that). The NFL's stupid media rules are stupid, and the media is always looking to cause drama. Keep flipping them the bird, Marshawn.

+++1

because he has anxiety about doctors and interactive situations. sounds so easy from your couch

I smoke a ton of weed and it still doesnt help

He has no problem talking to the public. He just think is he is special and can put on a show... Honestly he could just act like a boring Offensive Lineman and the media would background him, he knows what he's doing. "Look at me!!! Look at me!!!"

A guy doesn't get all spiffy with expensive bling everywhere if they just want to be left alone.

Edited by Beef Jerky

He has no problem talking to the public. He just think is he is special and can put on a show... Honestly he could just act like a boring Offensive Lineman and the media would background him, he knows shat he's doing. "Look at me!!! Look at me!!!"

The media doesn't want to speak to OL. They want to speak to the guys that score points. QBs are some of the most boring guys in football but we love to hear from them. The guys on the Bills that you hear the most from on offense are Freddie, CJ, Watkins and the QB. If you are the best RB in the league (which Marshawn is arguably) you can't just be discreet like a guard.

He has no problem talking to the public. He just think is he is special and can put on a show... Honestly he could just act like a boring Offensive Lineman and the media would background him, he knows what he's doing. "Look at me!!! Look at me!!!"

A guy doesn't get all spiffy with expensive bling everywhere if they just want to be left alone.

That's basically what I think of him. Social anxiety is just an excuse people are making for him. Has he ever even said he has it? He may have I didn't check.

But he certainly doesn't have the telltale signs of it. He has the telltale signs of not wanting to do something he's supposed to so he just throws a tantrum.

Stop it... IMO the guy is and overgrown kid with a, likely, severe social anxiety disorder. We don't know what he's been through.He grew up in Oakland and is lucky that he is not dead from a gang or police bullet. He doesn't want or can't articulate himself in the media spotlight. He's been burned by the media types.He is a hell of an athlete and plays with a huge heart..not to mention a tree stump body.. Buffalo should have looked at him as a fish out of water, never should have drafted him..Go Marshawn! I'm looking forward to watching him run over the Patriot D and inflict some pain.

for a guy with anxiety disorder...he sure does everything he can to get attention

IMO the guy is a phony, the Jim Brown ( I am a tough guy) impersonation doesn't work for me.

He simply was not getting enough media attention so he planned some bull ****

I am not amused or very respectful of the guy anymore.

The game is not about Marshawn Lynch, he hasn't figured that out yet

he completely stays out of the media incurring hundreds ofthousands of dollars in fines, and your conclusion is he does it for more media attention?

some people are truely dense.

TBD, the Bills home of psychotherapists. Social anxiety can hit you in so many different levels and the onset of it can happen at any time of your life. Not neccessarily something people are born with, but it develops over years and can get worse as you age. No one knows for sure except for Marshawn and, if he has one, his therapist. Many people with an anxiety disorder drink alcohol to suppress their anxiety. Obviously Marshawn wouldn't be drinking when he is supposed to be available for the media, but it could explain his problems that are caused due to drinking. Or....maybe he's just an alcoholic. Who knows. All I know is no one on this board knows what is going on in his head. I have no problem with what he is doing.