Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

reasoned and mature?

Just where do you think you are?

this is a simple issue. Were these game balls handled in the proper manner? Yes or No.

There are too many stories out there claiming improper handling. This is not about the Putrids winning THAT game, but the overall approach on how the balls met NFL gametime standards.

What evidence are you referring to regarding improper handling of balls? That is why we are waiting for the Wells report. What stories are you alluding to that claimed improper handling? The stories that make claims based on speculations?

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What evidence are you referring to regarding improper handling of balls? That is why we are waiting for the Wells report. What stories are you alluding to that claimed improper handling? The stories that make claims based on speculations?

and even if they were -- by who, what happened, how long has it been happening, what is the effect on the game -- to say this is simply a "yes or no" situation is silly.

oh I don't know

The presumed facts that multiple game balls were under NFL regulation - You can't blow this off as the Colts balls were all OK.

That game balls were being sold outside of the NFL's control

BTW Where are the Spygate films???? Oh wait I forgot they were destroyed!

Belicheat WILL do whatever he can to bend and break the NFL rules. Please do not deny that and proclaim his innocence.

and yet it only happened on one side of a 2 sided football field

what he said

which is basically what I said.

look - the theory that ALL 24 balls got lost 1 to 2 pounds pressure is plausible, the theory that ONLY 12 balls for one team got soft is NOT plausible

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

and even if they were -- by who, what happened, how long has it been happening, what is the effect on the game -- to say this is simply a "yes or no" situation is silly.

Who said it is a yes or no situation? Your response is odd and not understandable. Not trying to be mean-spirited but I don't understand your response. The underpinning of almost everything I have commented on relates to the proportionality of the responses to the as of yet unknown infraction.

oh I don't know

The presumed facts that multiple game balls were under NFL regulation - You can't blow this off as the Colts balls were all OK.

That game balls were being sold outside of the NFL's control

BTW Where are the Spygate films???? Oh wait I forgot they were destroyed!

Belicheat WILL do whatever he can to bend and break the NFL rules. Please do not deny that and proclaim his innocence.

On this issue odds are that BB is innocent. Until the Wells report is issued no one knows for sure. I also believe that Brady is totally innocent of the shenanigans that others are falsely making.

There is no doubt that Belichick is very unpopular. Much of it can be attributed to jealousy for his long term success and his insufferable arrogance. But regardless of his unappealing personality anyone who has an ounce of objectivity will acknowledge that he is by far the best HC in the history of the modern NFL.

Who said it is a yes or no situation? Your response is odd and not understandable. Not trying to be mean-spirited but I don't understand your response. The underpinning of almost everything I have commented on relates to the proportionality of the responses to the as of yet unknown infraction.

I was agreeing to you in reply to one of several time BF4E has said "its just a yes or no" as if nothing else mattered in the discussion and that has already been proven. Simply put, i agree that there is a lot, even if we clear the hurdle of did they do something

I was agreeing to you in reply to one of several time BF4E has said "its just a yes or no" as if nothing else mattered in the discussion and that has already been proven. Simply put, i agree that there is a lot, even if we clear the hurdle of did they do something

I apologize if my response seemed too harsh. Sometimes when reading a response the tone and context is misread by the responder (me). I always appreciate your well reasoned responses even when I disagree with some of them.

Edited by JohnC

On this issue odds are that BB is innocent. Until the Wells report is issued no one knows for sure. I also believe that Brady is totally innocent of the shenanigans that others are falsely making.

There is no doubt that Belichick is very unpopular. Much of it can be attributed to jealousy for his long term success and his insufferable arrogance. But regardless of his unappealing personality anyone who has an ounce of objectivity will acknowledge that he is by far the best HC in the history of the modern NFL.

you have that right. however

to ignore that fact the Belicheat KNOWS everything that happens there and not this? I just don't buy it.

All his credibility went up in flames

I apologize if my response seemed too harsh. Sometimes when reading a response the tone and context is misread by the responder (me). I always appreciate your well reasoned responses even when I disagree with some of them.

I though that was a prerequisite to post here,

no prob- ive been guilty myself plenty of times.

you have that right. however

to ignore that fact the Belicheat KNOWS everything that happens there and not this? I just don't buy it.

All his credibility went up in flames

You are reinforcing my point that many people have preconceived notions regardless what is known or not known. Why not wait for the report to see if it confirms or undercuts what you think about the situation? If something happened to the balls the more important issues are who was involved and what was the intent. I'm confident that very soon the investigation and the report will be made public. I predict that a lot of the fulminations and rantings were wasted on a matter that didn't rise to the level that many expected.

You are reinforcing my point that many people have preconceived notions regardless what is known or not known. Why not wait for the report to see if it confirms or undercuts what you think about the situation? If something happened to the balls the more important issues are who was involved and what was the intent. I'm confident that very soon the investigation and the report will be made public. I predict that a lot of the fulminations and rantings were wasted on a matter that didn't rise to the level that many expected.

If you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

If you put lipstick on a cheater, he's still a cheater.

Ask any judge or cop --- Ignorance of the law is NO excuse.

Funny Belicheat can know all about the ineligible receiver rules (which he used illegally on follow up series) but is clueless in ball pressure standards?

Since cold causes shrinkage then the team should have known to compensate for it.

I've said my piece for today.

and yet it only happened on one side of a 2 sided football field

Did you read my earlier post which explained a plausible scenario? If you had you would see that, in that example, both teams footballs deflated the same amount. One (Colts) from an initial 13.5psi condition; the other (Pats) from an initial 12.5psi condition. Under the analyzed weather conditions, only the Pats footballs would have ended up illegal.

sooooo I have a question.. did they weigh the balls after the game was over?

did this same phenomenon occur? being later in the day the temperatures surely had to have been colder... ergo the balls would have lost as much or more psi

or did the ball guy pee before he took "control" of the balls? (sarc)

did this same phenomenon occur? being later in the day the temperatures surely had to have been colder... ergo the balls would have lost as much or more psi

Most reports say the balls were measured at halftime.

we have no idea if they measured after. maybe they did. we also dont know what the measurements were at halftime, what they were pregame, what intervals they measured the colts at, or how they were handled and what amount the balls should lose in the second half as you contend. in fact, its wholly possible they planned this incredibly poorly and now dont actually have the info they want in hindsight. or maybe they did plan it well and we are about to get a well laid out synopsis.

but other than that, its a pretty clear cut issue for you i see.

we have no idea if they measured after. maybe they did. we also dont know what the measurements were at halftime, what they were pregame, what intervals they measured the colts at, or how they were handled and what amount the balls should lose in the second half as you contend. in fact, its wholly possible they planned this incredibly poorly and now dont actually have the info they want in hindsight. or maybe they did plan it well and we are about to get a well laid out synopsis.

but other than that, its a pretty clear cut issue for you i see.

did you put 100% effort into that retort? since (to me) the obvious answer is no I'll just correct the most glaring and leave the rest

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/ball

According to the NFL rules, the ball must be inflated to an air pressure between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. The ball weighs 14 to 15 ounces (400 to 430 grams).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_%28ball%29

• 1 month later...