New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

Good thing the Pats merely misunderstood a vague rule that the league has of what constitutes the legal stealing of opponents signals, a process like you say, that has been going on since the dawn of football.

Could you imagine the hatred if they really did cheat, like say the Niners and Broncos, when they "accounted" their way to some really nice salary benefits in order to retain the services of key players that helped them to their respective super bowl titles. :rolleyes:

Do you honestly think you'll convert anyone to your way of thinking? Or do you get paid by the post when you come here to defend your binkies little billy and tommy foulmouth on the board of a team you're not even a fan of?

Doesn't it ever get old for you? The cheatriots** get caught again and guys like you rush to your computers to spin why they weren't cheating (even though you know they were). And when nobody buys the line of pure BS you're trying to sell you fall back on the old standbys. But, but, but EVERYBODY Cheats!!!! OR Remember when team X did Y...

But you completely ignore the fact that whatever any other team did, it was a one time thing. Not like the Cheatriots who seem to be constantly in the news for new ways to CHEAT!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ones position on that depends on whether they see PED use as an individual action or an organizational effort to get a leg up.

So that's the deciding factor?

And how do you know that Brady didn't individually arrange for the balls to be deflated? I would think he would pick out the balls himself. Could easily be that only Brady and his "ball boy" knew about it. You think Billy is squeezing all the balls before the game?

And the refs are handling the balls ALL GAME LONG (and in EVERY Pats game ever played), and didn't seem to notice anything amiss.

Edited by HoF Watkins

\

But you completely ignore the fact that whatever any other team did, it was a one time thing. Not like the Cheatriots who seem to be constantly in the news for new ways to CHEAT!

They get more scrutiny because they have been kicking the crap out of the league for over a decade.

This is like "Pine tar on the bat won the Yanks the World Series!"

I can't wait to listen to Buffalo dudes 10 years from now, listing off reasons why the Patriots really weren't that great..."Yeah, and what about Brady with the deflated balls! I can't respect a team that kicks the crap out of the league for 15 years if the QB was using a deflated ball! They were imposters! That 90's Bills team that lost all those Super Bowls, now those guys were the real deal!".

Sad.

Edited by HoF Watkins

They get more scrutiny because they have been kicking the crap out of the league for over a decade.

I can't wait to listen to Buffalo dudes 10 years from now, listing off reasons why the Patriots really weren't that great..."Yeah, and what about Brady with the deflated balls! I can't respect a team that kicks the crap out of the league for 15 years if the QB was using a deflated ball! They were imposters! That 90's Bills team that lost all those Super Bowls, now those guys were the real deal!".

Sad.

So are you Hot Air's big brother? He couldn't make any headway obfuscating and deflecting so now it's your turn?

The sad part is the Cheatriots*** should be the most respected franchise in the league. But they're not and they never will be. Three tainted rings and the single most obnoxious fan base ever are their only remaining claims to fame.

You can't spin it any way that makes the Cheatriots*** look good. Nothing works. So just slink back to Patsfan.com and report your abject failure.

We'll be here laughing and waiting for the next revelation. It won't be a long wait.

So are you Hot Air's big brother? He couldn't make any headway obfuscating and deflecting so now it's your turn?

The sad part is the Cheatriots*** should be the most respected franchise in the league. But they're not and they never will be. Three tainted rings and the single most obnoxious fan base ever are their only remaining claims to fame.

You can't spin it any way that makes the Cheatriots*** look good. Nothing works. So just slink back to Patsfan.com and report your abject failure.

We'll be here laughing and waiting for the next revelation. It won't be a long wait.

There will be no Bills fans (including me) laughing, because the Pats have been giving our team televised public wedgy's for a decade. The joke is on us and our team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdp_yBDeflE

Edited by HoF Watkins

There will be no Bills fans (including me) laughing, because the Pats have been giving our team televised public wedgees for a decade. The joke is on us and our team.

If you're a Bills Fan (Which I doubt considering your professed Man-Love for little billy and tommy foulmouth) then why wouldn't you laugh at the Cheatriots*** fans running in circles and shouting to the high heavens: "Ëverybody Does It" "You just hate us because we win so much" and my all time favorite "But team x did y."

It's hilarious! It's Fun! and best of all it's got the obnoxious Cheatriot*** Fans Panties in a Gordian knot!

They cheated, AGAIN!

Proof? I don't need no stinking PROOF! They're the Cheatriots***!!

During the game Sunday, Brady threw a pass to Vereen down the left sideline and the ball flight looked weird to me. I told my buddy I thought that throw looked weird, so I think it's kind of funny this came out after the game. Were the underinflated ball the cause of the lopsided victory? No, most likely not, but every little bit helps. It makes you wonder what else they do. I think it's a fair question to ask when the organization has a history of cheating.

I read the Spygate book a couple years ago ever since I've been saying I think the Patriots are still cheating. If you look at their performance over the last decade from a purely statistical point of view, what they've accomplished is near impossible. The NFL has never seen anything like it. Not even before the cap and free agency. How have they done so well with many no name players? How can they have a winning season without even having an offensive coordinator? Are they still using radio communication beyond what the NFL allows? Why did Peyton Manning refuse to discuss plays in the locker room because he thought someone was listening?

Maybe there's nothing there and it turns out Brady and the Hoodie are the greatest ever, and I'm just jealous. There's just too many unanswered questions for me to just blindly believe they are that great.

"Well well, look at what has happened. Look who's locked out in the DRIZZLE!"

Brady said in 2011 he likes deflated footballs

“When Gronk scores – it was like his eighth touchdown of the year – he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball,” Brady said in November 2011. “I love that, because I like the deflated ball. But I feel bad for that football, because he puts everything he can into those spikes.”

Coincidentally, tight end Rob Gronkowski posted on Twitter after the controversy emerged a photo of him spiking the ball with the caption, “Warning: Gronking may cause deflation.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/20/brady-said-in-2011-he-likes-deflated-footballs/

The high road. That's a weak move when it cones to this because it just continues or you can cheat back.

If you you sit with us and we signal and take all your money, you will say 'great game' and take the high road .. Hilarious. We would laugh at you just like bill laughs at the league .

I'm speaking to the condescending hid watkins.. I never post

By taking the high road you accept this crsp and ostrich and it continues . They prob decided to go back stealing signals after their ass was handed to them by Andy Reid in kc who aren't that good .. Or Reid faked them out like the giants etc .

The high road. That's a weak move when it cones to this because it just continues or you can cheat back.

If you you sit with us and we signal and take all your money, you will say 'great game' and take the high road .. Hilarious. We would laugh at you just like bill laughs at the league .

I'm speaking to the condescending hid watkins.. I never post

By taking the high road you accept this crsp and ostrich and it continues . They prob decided to go back stealing signals after their ass was handed to them by Andy Reid in kc who aren't that good .. Or Reid faked them out like the giants etc .

Sorry man, I only speak English...

I find great comfort in knowing that while my Bills often lose, they are honest losses. I'm sure we will go down in history being remembered as a model of integrity, as apparently in the NFL there is nothing more sacred. In fact, we should probably not allow excessively penalized players entry into the Hall of Fame, or put large asterisks on their records, for surely they were trying to cheat the sacred rules - and got caught multiple times, in attempts to win games.

If you're a Bills Fan (Which I doubt considering your professed Man-Love for little billy and tommy foulmouth) then why wouldn't you laugh at the Cheatriots*** fans running in circles and shouting to the high heavens: "Ëverybody Does It" "You just hate us because we win so much" and my all time favorite "But team x did y."

It's hilarious! It's Fun! and best of all it's got the obnoxious Cheatriot*** Fans Panties in a Gordian knot!

They cheated, AGAIN!

Proof? I don't need no stinking PROOF! They're the Cheatriots***!!

Wow you better think about something else. I can hear you stomping your feet and spiting way over here.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

i want the pats or any team to be hit hard if they violate rules (more than financially) with loss of draft picks, players or coache

we can argue all day on the proper severity of punishment for breaking rules.

i do not think most teams will be deterred or stop testing the limits of what they can get away with or use to their advantage, no matter who previously was slapped down (see nascar).

i'm only wasting time in this thread to say we have no idea if the pats intentionally deflated one or more balls, yet they are presumed guilty by most in here all because of spy gate, which is a stupid rule in the first place, that many teams were violating (doesn't make it right). stealing signs is NOT prohibited. i can have coaches and lip readers stealing signs and make a written record in a journal to be used immediately to my advantage once i crack their signal code. i can view hundreds of still photos during live games and use this info to my advantage. i just can't video tape it.....dumb rule.

filming the signs expressly prohibited by the nfl and if I knew every defensive sign and audible because a team was to lazy to change them u might go 18 and 1 .. Just a guess . I'm pissed because .. What are the games every team must have ? The division . Ergo : if he cheats to use these advantages in close or important games then I might be looking at the past to see if games suddenly flip from a game one team is domination and suddenly the Mensa turd blows out a game dominated in the trenches and seems to be one step ahead . The stupid ball deflation which us against the fruggin rules is a tell. The visible tip if an iceberg that goes back to 2000. Maybe we suck and maybe we have sone help sucking in a few games . The doubt is what pisses me off. I'm a 68 percent bettor because there are teams I avoid like the pats and us unless we are home w 7 1/2. I want to be wrong but there is way too much smoke on the lifetime ban things and little fires like steroided balls .

It's weak to be chested and have too . much pride to admit you were swindled and go looking for your money. . I can also be just as happy with the fact that we haven't beaten them at their place in 14 years? This year doesn't really count. I would rather they be that good than have to actually have to deal w a cheat

I used to be you saying Bellichick devised a great plan to beat us in Tampa .no one is denying the intelligence of Bellichick . But he is also a cheating little prick and ridiculously insecure . If I knew when this started I'd be employed by the bills . Shula does not call him a cheat and tarnish himself and the league if it isn't true.

I'll ask you the same, I scam you out of slit if cash in "a fair" game.. You are shown later that I burned someone the same as you , do you congratulate me on my cleverness and play me next week? What do you do ?

I find great comfort in knowing that while my Bills often lose, they are honest losses. I'm sure we will go down in history being remembered as a model of integrity, as apparently in the NFL there is nothing more sacred. In fact, we should probably not allow excessively penalized players entry into the Hall of Fame, or put large asterisks on their records, for surely they were trying to cheat the sacred rules - and got caught multiple times, in attempts to win games.

This might get me to shut up, cue do head turn.

Cue dog head turn.

I suck at rereading my whiny little puss posts . My sincere apologies .

Maybe football should be like life and the best cheating fock that doesn't get caught wins . I won't care anymore but ..

At the end of the day, this is only a controversy because of the Pats' past practices of cheating. I had thought that if they win the SB this year, it will be their first SB win on the up and up. Then they pull the crap on Baltimore and now this. To me, they are the same as Lance, Bonds and the rest of the cheaters. If only Goodell didn't cover it up and destroy the evidence after spygate .

Edited by Green Lightning