Patriots = Lance Armstrong

Casey D

As I posted in the other thread, if you want to play with a 10.5PSI ball on a cold day and also follow the rules, simply inflate the balls to 12.5PSI in a very warm room, have the refs inspect the balls and when the balls go outside in 30 degrees, you'll have yourself softer footballs after the air temp drop in the balls. That doesn't break any rule. Smart on their part if they did that and if that it what they wanted. I'll bet other teams do it too. A high school kid could figure this out. The NFL needs to change the rule or simply allow teams to uses balls inflated to whatever pressure they want outside of the kicking game.

I would hope the NFL accounts for the weather......?

Everyone wondering why the refs didn't notice the deflated balls. Isn't it obvious? They are accomplices! They allowed Pats to do just about anything in that game. No brainer calls like false starts were ignored, so of course they ignore the soft balls. The instant Colts intercepted, the cat was out of the bag.

Does anyone actually think Belichick's great defensive mind really held the high scoring Bills to 19 points in Super Bowl 25? That game launched his career. IMO he started taping a long time ago. I would not put anything past him. He will do ANYTHING to get an advantage.

And here's the thing, that view is supported by the simple logic that the Pats-- or anyone-- don't get caught every time they cheat, or they'd stop cheating. Like in baseball, if you are not successful stealing 75-80% of the time, you should stop stealing because it hurts you more than helps. So one must assume in the aggregate that cheating pays off overall for the Patriots, and when they get caught it is simply the cost of doing business-- or in this case cheating. It defies reason that they are only cheating when they get caught. It must be just the tip of the iceberg.

Does anyone actually think Belichick's great defensive mind really held the high scoring Bills to 19 points in Super Bowl 25? That game launched his career. IMO he started taping a long time ago. I would not put anything past him. He will do ANYTHING to get an advantage.

Agreed. There is not another coach in league history who has so many allegations of cheating against him.

Let's put that myth to rest (AGAIN)

Bills scored 19 points in 19 minutes of possession time. If there was another 15 seconds of game time, Bills likely win the game with 22 points.

Giants' D did not win that game. It was a brilliant offensive strategy by Ron Earhardt to keep the ball away and Walt Corey's inability to get the ball back.

Bills scored 19 points in 19 minutes of possession time. If there was another 15 seconds of game time, Bills likely win the game with 22 points.

Giants' D did not win that game. It was a brilliant offensive strategy by Ron Earhardt to keep the ball away and Walt Corey's inability to get the ball back.

Absolutely. Stop Mark Ingram, and the Bills probably win the game.

I disagree.... The Bills had to punt 6 times in that game. His defensive game plan was considered so successful it was placed in the HOF. The giants defense won that game. I totally disagree with your so called MYTH!!!

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/14/nfl-history-in-95-objects-bill-belichick-super-xxv-game-plan/

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

I disagree.... The Bills had to punt 6 times in that game. His defensive game plan was considered so successful it was placed in the HOF. The giants defense won that game. I totally disagree with your so called MYTH!!!

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/05/14/nfl-history-in-95-objects-bill-belichick-super-xxv-game-plan/

Giants had 16 3rd down tries and converted 9. Bills had 8 3rd down tries and converted 1. The Giants plan all along was to punish Bills WRs and to keep the ball away from Buffalo. Keeping the ball away worked better because Bills offense was still able to rack up 386 yards, despite 6 punts and 19 minutes of ToP.

Giants had 16 3rd down tries and converted 9. Bills had 8 3rd down tries and converted 1. The Giants plan all along was to punish Bills WRs and to keep the ball away from Buffalo. Keeping the ball away worked better because Bills offense was still able to rack up 386 yards, despite 6 punts and 19 minutes of ToP.

Thank you for proving my point. The Bills had plenty of possessions to win the game. The Giants defense won that game.

Thank you for proving my point. The Bills had plenty of possessions to win the game. The Giants defense won that game.

Bills had 9 possessions in that game and 56 offensive plays in 19 minutes vs Giants 8 possessions and 73 offensive plays in 41 minutes. The NFL average is about 12 possessions per team.

Bills had 9 possessions in that game and 56 offensive plays in 19 minutes vs Giants 8 possessions and 73 offensive plays in 41 minutes. The NFL average is about 12 possessions per team.

LOL So, You think the Bills going only 1 of 8 (12.5%) on 3rd down had absolutely nothing to do with their loss? That year, the Bills were only forced to punt on an average of 3 times a game. The NY Giants defense forced them to put 6 times.

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

The difference is that nearly all cyclists were dopers. It was both common and expected, in particular among the top teams with the best riders. It was as dirty a sport as there. Armstrong like the patriots was the biggest target but also the most arrogant, and therefore a target. Actually Armstrongs dismissive attitude, mainly to the media, was similar to Belichek. There's another point here... I would bet that most NFL home teams try anyway possible to get an edge and as suggested above, and I mentioned in another thread, inflating the balls to the lowest psi in a warm stadium room so they deflate slightly in the cold, if that's what your QB wants isn't cheating as much being smart while playing within the rules. If they somehow deflated them illegally, that's a different story.