Rand Paul Targets The Disabled

Tiberius

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2910345/Rand-Paul-says-half-people-disability-undeserving-gaming-system.html

Does he have any proof for his allegations? Good attention getting ploy for this politician though. Beat up on the "undeserving" disabled and play to feeling of Conservative victimization that they are being cheated by those gaming the system.

One wonders how mr 47% will react to Mr over 50%? Basically the same argument.

What's the issue with this statement?

"We absolutely should take care of those truly in need of help,' Paul said. 'But the system is broken, and when people can game the system, they are stealing from those who are truly disabled and won't receive the care and aid they need.

'We must reform the system to ensure that those who really need help receive it.

What's the issue with this statement?

"We absolutely should take care of those truly in need of help,' Paul said. 'But the system is broken, and when people can game the system, they are stealing from those who are truly disabled and won't receive the care and aid they need.

'We must reform the system to ensure that those who really need help receive it.

Good morning. Did he offer any proof that Conservatives are victims of "stealing"? Over 50% are unworthy?? How does he know that? Sort of reminds me of 47%

Do you not think the disability system has a major fraud problem?

And can you admit your thread title is a lie?

The thought never really crossed my mind.

As far as I can tell Paul is dumping on the disabled. You can back up his claim?

Good morning. Did he offer any proof that Conservatives are victims of "stealing"? Over 50% are unworthy?? How does he know that? Sort of reminds me of 47%

As far as I can tell Paul is dumping on the disabled. You can back up his claim?

I'll bet Paul can back up his claim far easier than your claim that he's "targeting the disabled." You're a !@#$ing retard.

The people I know who are disability - on maybe 4-6 - extended family members - are not disabled.

Small sample - total scammers - best part is - they consider themselves "conservatives".....

Edited by baskin

The people I know who are disability - on maybe 4-6 - extended family members - are not disabled.

Small sample - total scammers - best part is - they consider themselves "conservatives".....

The federal definition of "disability" is so broad that both my wife and I are eligible for disability any time we want. It's rather ridiculous, actually.

I'll bet Paul can back up his claim far easier than your claim that he's "targeting the disabled." You're a !@#$ing retard.

Oh that's right, you are a Paul Partisan and hang on his every word. Nothing but an angry idiot. You get your government check every month, don't you?

The thought of fraud in disability claims never crossed your mind? I know it's a very small target to hit but seriously??

Oh that's right, you are a Paul Partisan and hang on his every word. Nothing but an angry idiot. You get your government check every month, don't you?

Darin's point was: how do you get "Paul targeting the disabled" from "Paul targeting fraud and abuse in federal disability payments?"

More accurately, his point was: you get "Paul targeting the disabled" from "Paul targeting fraud and abuse in federal disability payments" by being a massive tool.

I take it that you're unaware that both Paul and his father are physicians?

Trust me. I see 'chart builders' all the time. Amazing how they recover as soon as the cash flows. I've also fought (with a lot of paper and time) for patients who were initially denied but had very real deficits/needs. I am a ball buster with this and I fight tooth and nail to ensure an adequate evaluation is done before I'll endorse anyone's disability. I'm all for helping those with need but the abuse is more than rare. I recommend full OT evaluations (functional capacity evaluations) for these claims as they have standardized tests measuring physical abilities AND effort. They often then have to go before an IME (independent med e v a l) for determination anyway. In my mind, that IME physician is way behind the 8 ball. They have no relationship with the patient and they almost have to error on the side of 'belief' even if they have doubts. This needs to be better policed at the private doc/patient level. That, however, requires a lot of effort and time. Sadly, that's something we all have less and less of.

With respect to the article, what TYTT quoted is a sensible approach that everyone should want. Make sure those that need help can get it. Better use of resources means better services for those with real needs. That's a straightforward win. Everything else is pure political crap.

Tangential to this and as a purely anecdotal note..... I love when people ask for handicap placards. I usually inquire about their 'disability' and why they feel they need it. Examine them etc. I then slide a question in about whether or not they 'enjoy' using the scooters in the store when they shop. The response is usually a puzzled look....followed by "I don't use those." It then becomes very easy for me to suggest that if they can walk around a store for 10 or 15 or 60 minutes......they surely can walk an extra 30 seconds across the parking lot. When faced with common sense, however, the conversation often turns 'ugly.' This is a far cry from disability (monetary) claims but it highlights, on an almost weekly basis for me, the mentality prevalent in a lot of our society. And yes...I know there are exceptions... but my question above catches a lot of people who desperately want to retract/change their answer. The flip side is when I ask a patient (who has a clear physical limitation) if they'd like a placard....and I'm politely told "I'm not disabled."

Sadly, not everyone is a saint. There is a big problem with false claims/recepients. Another growing area is parents 'demanding' a label/diagnosis for their child (i.e. ADHD etc). This allows them to file disability claims in addition to getting lots of extras (computers, iPads etc) through school monies. As I said above, If the need exists....let's help. It becomes pretty clear, however, when a person is more concerned about what you're typing in the chart than what you're going to do to 'help' them get better.

As always, just my two pennies with a sample size of one doc. The people I feel bad for (and the ones I fight for) are those that actually need the handicap spot....and the monthly monetary support etc to live.

HA HA HA HA! That's good! He examined all those people???? :lol:

This is all just a game to you, isn't it? It's never a discussion or an attempt to actually learn anything. As long as you can reply with something - anything - no matter how ridiculous or juvenile it may sound, you believe you've scored some kind of point.

You vociferously support a president as being informed enough in the field to accurately assess the nation's medical needs, yet scoff at a physician's observation that a large percentage of SSDI claims are fraudulent.

And you can't see how retarded that is?

This is all just a game to you, isn't it? It's never a discussion or an attempt to actually learn anything. As long as you can reply with something - anything - no matter how ridiculous or juvenile it may sound, you believe you've scored some kind of point.

You vociferously support a president as being informed enough in the field to accurately assess the nation's medical needs, yet scoff at a physician's observation that a large percentage of SSDI claims are fraudulent.

And you can't see how retarded that is?

Tell me you're not just figuring this out now.

Tell me you're not just figuring this out now.

Oh, hell no. The pajama boy schtick gets tiresome after a while. It's like turning on the television and seeing the same cheesy comedy on every channel, every day. I used to get a good laugh out of most of his stuff, but how many times can the same old tripe remain funny? He needs to change out of his onesie and put down the cocoa.

Oh, hell no. The pajama boy schtick gets tiresome after a while. It's like turning on the television and seeing the same cheesy comedy on every channel, every day. I used to get a good laugh out of most of his stuff, but how many times can the same old tripe remain funny? He needs to change out of his onesie and put down the cocoa.

What blew me away is how old he actually is. Anyone his age who types HA HA HA HA! just shows the maturity level we're dealing with.