NFL Network coverage of the Hiring of Rex

and that there are 3 good teams in the AFC North. If the Bills go the WC route, they have to compete with KC, SD, CIN, PIT and BAL

Denver is no guarantee to be good next year given Peyton could easily walk away. If they've got Osweiler under center all year they are going to be hard pressed to be in wild card contention, pushing 1 of KC or SD into the division winner spot.

As Section122 said, the AFC North's schedule was a joke this year. That allowed them to put 3 teams into the playoffs. Add in Pitt looks to be undergoing a complete overhaul defensively and it's not unrealistic to think they could fall out of the hunt.

Last year the Steelers played the teams picking 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 12 x2, 13, 16, 18. In their 6 games against playoff teams, they played Carolina, Bengals x2, Ravens x2 and Colts while the Bengals and Ravens got the same schedule bump they did.

I was watching the coverage yesterday after the PC and am thoroughly convinced those guys don't have a clue. How they have those jobs is beyond me. Being a former player does not automatically make you knowledgable about the entire NFL. The sports writer guys that they hire to fill out their staff are even worse. Anyone's opinion on this board is just as well informed and worth just as much as these fools.

National media, or more appropriately, the 50 former player talking head panel shows are usually a trailing indicator. How many of those guys picked the Saints and Bears to compete for a SB this year? The flapping heads don't see the progress until its already happened and they don't see the weakness until its already manifested.

Post of the year. Very few of the "experts" fall outside this bracket in my experience.

I've been watching NFL network the whole time since it was announced and it's clear that most including Terrell Davis do not think it will work. I'm a little surprised that they don't think a 9-7 team with Marrone and Hackett can't get another win or two with Rex Ryan and Greg Roman. In my opinion that's a serious upgrade in coaches, but until we beat the Pats when it counts we'll have to accept the non believers.

I've been watching NFL network the whole time since it was announced and it's clear that most including Terrell Davis do not think it will work. I'm a little surprised that they don't think a 9-7 team with Marrone and Hackett can't get another win or two with Rex Ryan and Greg Roman. In my opinion that's a serious upgrade in coaches, but until we beat the Pats when it counts we'll have to accept the non believers.

This is a false equivalent. In two days, Tom Brady will play in his NINTH AFC Championship game since 2001.

That means, at the very least, nine other teams have failed to beat The Pats* "when it counts."

Even if you project the defense to be top 5 the offense as currently constructed is bottom 5. Granted the team could retain a lot of its defensive talent and still make upgrades to the offense via free agency and the draft. So the off-season moves to retain defensive talent and add to the offense will be what determines if this team makes the playoffs.

Get wins, earn respect. Pretty simple. Don't understand why we whine about this every year.

Because we have to wait almost 9 months until the next real game, so we have more time than most to re-hash these same thoughts...

The NFLN is embarrassingly awful...other than the NFL films productions...I don't think there is a single NFLN analyst (Willie McGinnist maybe) who I give any credence to. Juaronimo is dead on in his analysis of their analysts!

Edited by Buftex

The NFLN is embarrassingly awful...other than the NFL films productions...I don't think there is a single NFLN analyst (Willie McGinnist maybe) who I give any credence to. Juaronimo is dead on in his analysis of their analysts!

Warner is pretty spot on.

Coach Mariucci knows his stuff too.

Marshall Faulk and Deon are about the same. But they know their stuff too.

Michael Irvin is a clown. But I like him too.