"Fail Mary" ref suffering from PTSD

YoloinOhio

Having a child that has struggled with anxiety I thought the same thing at first - buck up and get a grip - but it's a mental illness and more importantly an illness like any other - diabetes, cancer, etc. So actually I give the guy props for coming forward.

I don't want to make light of mental illness at all. But I think the guy should have followed a different career path if public scrutiny triggers his depression and PTSD! That would be like a guy with an extreme fear of heights complaining that his window cleaning gig on a skyscraper caused mental anguish. He is either fishing for sympathy/payout or he is not the best decision maker..

How could a person know that one call in his chosen career could trigger it? More than likely he didn't and couldn't predict it. every person has triggers that can set off mental illness and there are many people who walk around daily not knowing what those triggers are or when they will surface.

I find it quite ridiculous that you accuse the guy of saying this to get a payout or sympathy

It's completely ignorant.

How could a person know that one call in his chosen career could trigger it? More than likely he didn't and couldn't predict it. every person has triggers that can set off mental illness and there are many people who walk around daily not knowing what those triggers are or when they will surface.

I find it quite ridiculous that you accuse the guy of saying this to get a payout or sympathy

It's completely ignorant.

Maybe I misread the article and he wasn't aware of his mental issues prior to this trigger. I went back and read it again and see that it is possible that this particular event could have been the start of his depression and anxiety. Sorry for the insensitive posts if so.

*post deleted

Edited by chknwing334

Just another failing by Goodell. He shouldn't have even been in position to blow that call. A billion dollar industry wanted to save money on part time refs.

Goodell is a joke.

Overall those refs were better than the regular refs. Less favortism and approximately the same level of competence.

Just another failing by Goodell. He shouldn't have even been in position to blow that call. A billion dollar industry wanted to save money on part time refs.

Goodell is a joke.

I'm in the minority being a Goodell supporter, but I can't disagree with this. Horrible decision to let these guys influence a game like that. I feel bad for the guy despite blowing a call a blind man could have seen.

Overall those refs were better than the regular refs. Less favortism and approximately the same level of competence.

They were horrible. Command of the English language eluded these guys.