Lee Smith Fan Page

Garbage player. Poor leverage in run blocking, 3rd down penalties, non-existent receiving threat. His negative plays outweigh his marginally positive plays. The definition of liability.

he caught a touchdown pass , in the end zone. he caught a couple more once in great while. rarely targeted, waay too many penalties. and run blocking is not outstanding.

Maybe not garbage but maybe not useful here under Marrone.

This guy would be a nice barometer. Ryan is a real head coach. i wonder what he makes of those TE we have. maybe even more so Roman. he might find Lee a good fit with some better O line coaching

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his blocking is overrated, his ability to run three yard routes and catch passes with no one on him is overrated, and the amount and the timing of the penalties are criminally intolerable.

But his true evil was his simple existence on the active roster, that made Black Hat Doug want and choose to use him over MWilliams, Goodwin, Hogan, Spiller, etc. and repeatedly field these demented, inhuman 2-3 TE formations, and murder our chances for the playoffs.

Dont hate the player KTD ! Hate the coaching !

lets see what Rexes Roman thinks

Plays with a mean streak but I like that new TE better.

M G ?

basketballl player type. would replace Gragg maybe? Chandler might be doomed here.

Apparently I'm the only person who thinks Lee Smith is a solid (not great) TE. He can block and catch when thrown too.

I think a lot of the vitriol directed at him is because of the frustration with Hackett and Maroon.

Can't wait to see you busting heads Lee in the new Ground & Pound offense!!!

Go Bills!!! (throws down mic and walks off)

Pass catcher? Terribly inconsistent and clumsy with poor hands and no after the catch ability

Blocker? Acceptable if you ignore all the penalties- below average if you count them.

Beating his chest after throwing a block 5 yards behind the back? Unmatched.

Rex Roman sounds like a great comic book villain, a distant cousin of Lex Luther.

And the second of two paragraphs was hating the coach, not the player. I just hate the player, too.

Lee Smith caught a pass a few years ago and Eric Wood IIRC was blocking downfield and all Smith had to do was cut inside and there was a wide open field in front of him but he just ran out of bounds. Wood asked him why he didn't just cut inside and Smith said, "I don't cut."

Rex Roman sounds like a great comic book villain, a distant cousin of Lex Luther.

And the second of two paragraphs was hating the coach, not the player. I just hate the player, too.

Lee Smith caught a pass a few years ago and Eric Wood IIRC was blocking downfield and all Smith had to do was cut inside and there was a wide open field in front of him but he just ran out of bounds. Wood asked him why he didn't just cut inside and Smith said, "I don't cut."

The man does run a 4.94 forty! Only a shade slower than dareus

Apparently I'm the only person who thinks Lee Smith is a solid (not great) TE. He can block and catch when thrown too.

I think a lot of the vitriol directed at him is because of the frustration with Hackett and Maroon.

Can't wait to see you busting heads Lee in the new Ground & Pound offense!!!

Go Bills!!! (throws down mic and walks off)

I remember one game where he literally tripped over his feet running a simple red zone out pattern. Had he not tripped It would of been an easy 6 as no one was around him. Then again he may of dropped the ball. He may be able to block OK, but overall he does not belong on an NFL roster. Have you seen the guy run? He is plain awful.

Edited by billsfan_34

Ha. I forgot about that quote. Its especially funny because he was not kidding even a little.

Smith is an enigma.

I really will be taking notice as to what the new staff does with the unfinished TE situation. Hope Roman has a vision better then we have seen since poor Gailey and his lone slow footed goof Scott Chandler (love you man. but )

M G ?

basketballl player type. would replace Gragg maybe? Chandler might be doomed here.

I am sorry but these are the type of players you need remove from your roster if you expect to improve.Once he is let go there will be no teams interested in this bum who gets too many garbage penalties and 1-2 yard passes.

if your doing stand up in a small room during a Buffalo blizzard, and it's 2AM. That Just might work!

Bills vs. Packers Lee Smith two catches for one yard total.That will bring the house down. And one of his better outings

Yes lets keep him around, his 8.9 40 speed would be hard to replace

I am sorry but these are the type of players you need remove from your roster if you expect to improve.Once he is let go there will be no teams interested in this bum who gets too many garbage penalties and 1-2 yard passes.

Yes lets keep him around, his 8.9 40 speed would be hard to replace

so your a fan too?

In all seriousness is he the worst player that the Bills have ever had? He's a blocking TE that can't block, he commits penalties constantly and is a terrible athlete.

I think his agent agent this knowing there could not be another NFL stupid enough to give this bum a contract.His blocking (I call holding) is the worst in the NFL and he offers almost zero pass catching options.Also received 15 yard call this year on Spiller's TD run and he was not even active that day, how does a guy get a call when they are not even active?

I think his agent started this knowing there could not be another NFL team stupid enough to give this bum a contract.His blocking (I call holding) is the worst in the NFL and he offers almost zero pass catching options.Also received 15 yard call this year on Spiller's TD run and he was not even active that day, how does a guy get a call when they are not even active?

Edited by Niagara Dude

In all seriousness is he the worst player that the Bills have ever had? He's a blocking TE that can't block, he commits penalties constantly and is a terrible athlete.

But we did not get him in space. Why the hell arent we vying for Chan against those Browns. Pettine owes Marrone a solid. wait

nevermind.

Kirby i am getting a very negative vibe from you about Lee Smith. Certainly he has some redeeming qualities? he has been on the team for years !

Brandon pick ?