Grantland: Rex's Last Stand

YoloinOhio

"The central question with Rex is whether fun can coach and win in the modern NFL, or whether too much fun and “fun parenting” leads inevitably to Butt Fumbles and botched snaps and karmic debacles..."

Well, if there's once city that knows about karmic debacles, it's Buffalo. Maybe it will work out...or maybe it will implode in sensational fashion. Should be interesting, either way.

"The central question with Rex is whether fun can coach and win in the modern NFL, or whether too much fun and “fun parenting” leads inevitably to Butt Fumbles and botched snaps and karmic debacles..."

Well, if there's once city that knows about karmic debacles, it's Buffalo. Maybe it will work out...or maybe it will implode in sensational fashion. Should be interesting, either way.

I'm not a huge believer in karmic debacles but there does SEEM to be a connection. I'm wondering if the Pegulas and their personalities and style and war chest and owning of the Sabres and the beginning of the downtown resurgence and the purchasing of the Bills and ending the threat of moving and a new stadium downtown and the hiring of the big name coach are all adding up to the end of it. I'm not predicting, just wondering and hoping.

That was a truly great read from one of my favorite writers anywhere. Thanks, sir.

Love Matt T, so I will read the article.

"I've walked over tougher guys going to a fight than Channing Crowder." -- Rex

Classic.

HATE quote like this from our HC. OK if other guys talk like this, but not our guy, IMO.

Woody Johnson loved Rex Ryan, and hated that he needed to fire him. Heck, he fired Mangini after a 9-7 season, and brought in Ryan.

Rex knows very little about the offensive side of the game, so lets hope the Bills give Greg Roman all the help he needs to succeed.

Is the Roman hiring official?

According to our new ace undercover investigative reporter and pastry chef Chris Heff he is.

:lol: Saw that.

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 4m4 minutes ago

Greg Roman has finalized deal to become @buffalobills offensive coordinator, source tells @NFLonFOX. Officially signing Tuesday in Buffalo

Good. I think Roman can help the offense more than Rex can help the team---as long as Rex doesn't meddle.