Cheatriot at it again

Mij yllek

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Legal," yes. In that it was within the rules.

But it was also a use of the rules in a manner in which they weren't intended to be used. It wasn't "playing the game" as much as it was "gaming the system." And that's cheating.

Your comment is confusing. If it is by the book it is by definition not cheating.

I just read through them and it seems pretty basic that its legal but coaches didn't want to risk a 4 man line. The ineligible player checks in, the ref notifies a defensive captain and you play ball. That the Ravens werent prepped for it seems to be the only issue.

The first fake fg, first flea flicker, first wildcat were all the same thing, it seems like

I think the hurry up meant it was a bit rushed and I didn't see any signal from the ref to indicate to the defense. They showed the whole replay and the RB quickly talks to the ref to notify him and then the ball is snapped.

I think the hurry up meant it was a bit rushed and I didn't see any signal from the ref to indicate to the defense. They showed the whole replay and the RB quickly talks to the ref to notify him and then the ball is snapped.

I'll have to peak at a replay.... I don't know what the signal even looks like

I'll have to peak at a replay.... I don't know what the signal even looks like

Who knows... he made a motion to the side judge, they don't show if the side judge says something to defense.

It was smart, they'll never be able to use it again, so hopefully that was the 1 time they needed to use it.

Who knows... he made a motion to the side judge, they don't show if the side judge says something to defense.

It was smart, they'll never be able to use it again, so hopefully that was the 1 time they needed to use it.

They could- just won't be as effective. It also forces this weeks opponent to prep for it which is a perk

"Legal," yes. In that it was within the rules.

But it was also a use of the rules in a manner in which they weren't intended to be used. It wasn't "playing the game" as much as it was "gaming the system." And that's cheating.

Intended? If the league intended the rule to never be exploitable then they would have made it illegal to do what the Pats did, no?

Intended? If the league intended the rule to never be exploitable then they would have made it illegal to do what the Pats did, no?

No this just exploited a wrinkle no one else had thought of because no one else stoops that low. Theybe been desparate ever since their spy cameras were taken away

No this just exploited a wrinkle no one else had thought of because no one else stoops that low. Theybe been desparate ever since their spy cameras were taken away

So what about when pick plays are called? Picks are illegal, yet someone thought up using it and make them not look like a pick. They are used quite a bit now.

Does it still chap you when teams kick onside without announcing it or fake a punt/fg?

I can't find a video of the whole sequence on the first time it's used. Just a vine edited down to a split second before the snap.

I didn't watch the game and I want to see how the play unfolded. The key is whether the defense had sufficient time to digest the information. If I say "I'm going to punch you" and then swing immediately after the word "you", that's still a sucker punch.

kj

One thing about Belicheat and staff is that they are very good situationally, I really hate to admit. But they have shown in the past that they will push the envelope (borderline cheating) if need be to win. He knows that Brady won't be around much longer and the clocks ticking...he getting desperate!

I'll blame the league if they don't address this type of thing this week. At the least if an ineligible player is in the game, especially in cases like this, they should allow the defense to get set accordingly. Past practice has shown with the hurry up type or unconventional offenses for the sake of competition the defense is allowed the opportunity to adjust.

Kudos to the cheaters, they got away with it this time and were able to advance. Belicheat has once again provided further proof that he's void of any moral fortitude and for Tammy Brady to rub it in with that comment, goes to show the respect they have for the spirit of competition.

The Pats axiom should read when you can't beat them, cheat them!

When the offense substitutes, by rule the defense has to be allowed to substitute. If the offense sends out a particular player grouping, the D sends out the appropriate package. If one of the players declares himself ineligible to the ref, that changes the grouping and the D should be able to substitute.

That's the spirit of the rule, but apparently not the letter.

kj

It's not the fact that they did this that annoys me so very much but rather the smugness. They knew they were cheating at least the first time and we're proud of it. Winning because you Are the better team is honorable. Winning like they did smacks so much of desperation it is pathetic.

This ^^

Well said, and I can't wait for the Pats to get beat before they win another ring. One of the reasons why I like the Rexy hire is that I do think if you gave Rexy a Brady he could coach circles around the hoodie. The hoodie is nothing without Brady.

look at the replays I believe both times the *TACKLE* was covered by a receiver one was at the line of scrimmage and one or two others were not on LOS. It should have been illegal man downfield at the least. I hope someone destroys these guys they cheated once and will always cheat and that is giving football a bad rep.